2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
WDWLVR said:
SS2006.gif

Good morning Member Cruisers
- we sail in 10 days!

10 DAYS!!! :faint:

We fly out one week from today and I'm not ready...

But I'm going anyway! :rotfl2:

WDWLVR said:
Well we've just proven things don't get lost in the fluff. Barb asked some cruise questions and 4 of us tackled them at the same time! :thumbsup2

I see that now. I hope she comes back before her answers get lost in the fluff. ;)

WDWLVR said:
Congrats to Diana on post #23,000!

Congrats to Amy on reply #23,000!

Way to go, my chatty friends!!! :chat: :chat: :chat:

Onward and upward, 25,000 is on the horizon!

RRBB said:
I finally caught up after falling behind yesterday. But what do you expect when there are over 500 posts in one day to read. So now it's almost 2am and I have a busy day tomorrow, starting with a music class with Ian. Then it's off to find some larger suitcases and major packing. Looks like I won't be cooking anymore before we leave because BIL is in town so we're going out to dinner with him, and whoever cooks the night before leaving town.

Oh, a quick update on our construction. The garage was painted today, but all the stuff that was in it was left outside. :confused3 (David and I were at the musicals so had no clue this would happen until we got home.) Tomorrow (since I haven't slept yet ;)) the furniture in the den and dining room is being moved out to the garage. Monday the process of replacing the hardwoods downstairs begins - not really comfortable with this being done while we're gone but I have a few people planning to check up here periodically for us. Oh, and I think I've finally picked out colors for the new rooms upstairs.

Robin, have you moved your valuables out of the house? A friend of mine had her house flood because of a broken washer hose and they had to move into a hotel for 3 months while there house was redone. While the workmen were there, they got into her jewelry box and someone took her jewelry. They never proved who did it and most of her pieces were just costume, but there were a few expensive pieces and some that cannot be replaced. Please be careful what you leave in the house.

:love: Happy Anniversary Halyna & Mike :love:

:love::love::love::love::love::love:

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE 23,000 POSTS

:Pinkbounc Yea to Diana and Amy and a good set up to Georgie:Pinkbounc

Wasn't it just this past weekend that we hit 21,000?​

BRRRRRRRR It's a pretty chilly day here. I woke and realized it was cold enough for the furnace to turn on. They are calling for rain and snow flurries today - luckily it's been too warm for any of it to stick, but this is way to early for snow!

That's ok, in a week, I will be back where it's warm and plenty of sunshine! :Pinkbounc

They reported snow at O'Hare airport over night. May get some more this afternoon but nothing that will stick as we are supposed to be in the 40's.

One week from today we begin our drive down!

WDWLVR said:
They reported snow at O'Hare airport over night. May get some more this afternoon but nothing that will stick as we are supposed to be in the 40's.

SNOW!!! ALREADY??? Brrrrrr :cold:

It's really raining here on the East Coast :umbrella:

Can't wait until we're all on Castaway Cay!!! :beach:

ohiominnie said:
Because it's LOADED with commercials. Thank goodness for my Tivo. Now that we are caught up with all of the past Lost episodes, it's hard to wait a week for more!!

It DOES seem to go to commercial more than other shows, doesn't it?

IleneF said:
As I remember towels are available at CC as you disembark you just grab what you need.

Yes. They are. But the CM's look at you very funny if you ask for more than the number of ppl in your family. We all went up once (4 of us) and the CM said "how many?" I said "6." He said "how many in your family?" I said "4"....he gave me 4.

We fixed that the next time.....

I went to one CM and said "4" and Mike went to another and said "4."

DCL, if you're going to give me a towel the size of a hand towel, my larger body is going to need more than one!! :rolleyes:

WDWLVR said:
Wow - woke up to 7 pages to read this morning. Hope you late night (or should I say early morning) poster got some sleep.

After I logged off here, I took a Benadryl. Yes, I took a Benadryl at 3am!! Turned off my alarm and ended up sleeping till 8:30. No way I was going to function and get through today's hectic day without sleep!!

Congrats to Diana on post #23,000!
Congrats to Amy on reply #23,000!

I was close, I figured we'd make it last night, but I didn't account for losing Curt and Karen to the game :teeth:

ohiominnie said:
After I logged off here, I took a Benadryl. Yes, I took a Benadryl at 3am!! Turned off my alarm and ended up sleeping till 8:30. No way I was going to function and get through today's hectic day without sleep!!

So Karen - I meant to post this yesterday. I read Mike's latest article (yes before you even posted the link - remember I am his #1 fan outside of family). Anyway - are the kids getting phones for Christmas?????

WDWLVR said:

Sam Champion of GMA is reporting from Chicago this morning and he said it was in the 30s with a wind chill in the 20s and all I can think of is how good the Florida sun is going to feel to you northerners next week.

WDWLVR said:
Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Tip Of The Day

Today's tip comes from Karen (ohiominnie).

Make sure that one of the FIRST things you do is get your child(ren)s wristband from the clubs....

I remember hearing the story of a smaller kid who got separated, but they were very easy to get back to mom and dad b/c they had their wristband already on.

Great tip Karen - thanks for sharing!

Gosh, with all of these great tips I have, I should cruise more often!! :lmao:

For those who haven't done this....remember, you can register your kids online before you head to FL. It will ask for the child's name, preferred name, any medical or behavioral issues they should know about, which ppl have permission to pick your child up fromt he clubs, and if you want to give your child check in and check out privledges. DO NOT WORRY....all of this information can be changed when you get there if you change your mind.

Then when you get to the terminal, head to the back, right corner and you can finish the process. If you do online check in, it's very simple and quick....you get your kids wrist bands (child MUST be present, do don't leave them with dad) and they'll give you your pager and tell you how to use it. You can also pick up the schedule for what the kids will be doing during the cruise. :)

ANOTHER TIP......this is also an important one....
(lucky you, you get TWO tips today!!!!)
When you return your pager on the last night, they will give you a receipt showing that you returned it. DO NOT PACK THAT RECEIPT IN YOUR LUGGAGE YOU LEAVE OUT IN THE HALLWAY!!! KEEP IT CLOSE BY IN YOUR CARRY OFF BAG!!! I say this because if you do not return the pager, you will be charged $250!!! :earseek: One time we returned the pager and got the receipt. Luckily, I had it close by with me because we got our final bill and we were charged $250 for not turning the pager in!! A quick trip to guest services with the receipt and the charge was removed from our account. Hope this helps!!

ohiominnie said:
I'll tell you, this is the clumsiest cat known to man. He is not in the least bit graceful! He has fallen off the fridge before (NOT landing feet first) when he was asleep and rolled.

DUH!
What I want to know is how the cat jumped up on the fridge in the first place? Does he have springs in his legs or tail or something? :tigger:

Did you all read the reports on the DVC forum that they announced there will be DVC Villas at Animal Kingdom Lodge? Pretty cool. We won't be buying points there but would be willing to try it at some point just like we've tried almost all the other DVC locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter