2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonzie1

DIS Veteran
cgcw said:
Is anyone bringing their blinky's from last year? I'm debating. :scratchin I'm not sure I would wear them but if anyone else is bringing them, I might be swayed into at least giving them a try -- although after wearing my Athen's all summer, it would be hard to switch.

I'll be bringing mine! They STILL light up. While they're not the most comfortable things, I can't imagine going on a Disney cruise without them :rotfl2:

Well we've just proven things don't get lost in the fluff. Barb asked some cruise questions and 4 of us tackled them at the same time! :thumbsup2

And on to an early morning milestone!

Dallas92 :wave2:

On bringing wine...
I've brought wine in my suitcase. Put it in a cardboard tube from Michaels so it wouldn't break... had no problem

Konc Kooler from the DCL website...

Konk Kooler
Ingredients
1/2 ounce dark rum
3/4 ounce light rum
1 ounce passion fruit juice
1 pina colada mix
1 ounce orange juice
Directions
1. Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously.
2. Serve in a tall glass filled with crushed ice. Garnish with a wedge of tropical fruit.

WDWLVR said:
Well we've just proven things don't get lost in the fluff. Barb asked some cruise questions and 4 of us tackled them at the same time! :thumbsup2

You know what they say-- GMTA!! :cool1:

Dallas92 said:
Ok everyone...you are all doing a great job getting the post count way up there! Congratulations to you all. Unfortunately I am a little puzzled that I haven't received many details as to the Member cruise itself. I guess i was expecting more details from DVC on tips of what to bring, what to expect, what to be prepared for, etc.

We are leaving on the 17th so i am really in panic mode. As far as the cruise...should i bring beach towels for the ship and the island or are they available? Do adults get dressed up for Pirate night for the most part or do most leave it to the kids to get decked out only?

Nope, you don't need to bring towels, there are plenty. They hand them to you when you get off the ship in Castaway Cay.
Pirate night, it's really up to you. If you want to dress up, go for it!! Not everyone will dress up at all. Heck, I think that it's a DIS thing, more than a DCL thing.

Dallas92 said:
Not that I want to sound like a lush or anything (I am not) but can we bring our own bottle of wine in our suitcase or will they scan, see it and take it away?

You may bring a bottle of wine, but I would not put it in your suitcase. The luggage handlers are not much different than airline handlers. Make sure that you bring it in your carry-on bag, to avoid a broken wine bottle all over your clothes.

Dallas92 said:
Someone mentioned having a Mickey "hand" for autographs which i think is great but where do i get that and do the kids have to hold on to them to get signatures or can you turn them in for signatures on the ship? If so how, where, what?

I know that you can get them at WDW, not sure if they have them on the ship (they probably do). And yes, you can turn them into Guest Services to be signed on the first day, and then you get them back on the last night.

Dallas92 said:
And then...forgive me because I forgot where to get a copy of this threads' meeting places to meet and greet when we get on the ship? Furthermore, we will be getting to the ship fairly early and i'm not quite sure what we should do, sign in with, etc., instead of just being in awe of our surroundings? I figure take care of business first and then RELAX! BY the way what is a Konk cooler anyway?

You can get the copy of Mary's DIS navigator on her website (link to it is on the bottom of all her posts). She'll also give you a hard copy at the DIS meet either on Saturday at the Beach Club if you'll be there, or onboard on Sunday at 3pm.

Dallas92 said:
I don't want to feel lost and stressed when we get there. All I know is that we are wearing our awesome looking members cruise tees onto the ship. Any further help, information, details would be so helpful. :confused: :confused: :confused: PLEASE HELP!!!

RRBB said:
HIP HIP HURRAY!!!!!

Now, everyone join me in a little song and dance...

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
We're going on a cruise! We're going on a cruise!
Robin, much too suttle for this group. Hope you don't mind a little tweeking!

HIP HIP HURRAY!!!!!

Now, everyone join me in a little song and dance...

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
We're going on a cruise! We're going on a cruise!

party: party: party:

:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

:sail: :jumping3: :sail: :bounce: :jumping3::sail: :jumping3:

RRBB said:
I've had our suitcases on the guestroom bed for a month or so already, putting stuff up there/in them as I come across it. But now I'm in a state of panic because we leave in 2 days and I don't think everything is going to fit. It just seems we'll need more clothes for this cruise than our normal trips to WDW, plus all the other stuff to bring. I'm seriously thinking about going out and buying at least one bigger suitcase tomorrow. (All of ours are 22" rollaboards or smaller, for when we used to only take carry-ons.)
Or, you can ship things ahead of time for things that you might only use on the cruise.

Congrats to Diana on post #23,000!

Congrats to Amy on reply #23,000!

:love: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY HALYNA & MIKE:love: (MSTEG)

:love::love::love::love::love::love:

RRBB said:
I finally caught up after falling behind yesterday. But what do you expect when there are over 500 posts in one day to read. So now it's almost 2am and I have a busy day tomorrow, starting with a music class with Ian. Then it's off to find some larger suitcases and major packing. Looks like I won't be cooking anymore before we leave because BIL is in town so we're going out to dinner with him, and whoever cooks the night before leaving town.

Oh, a quick update on our construction. The garage was painted today, but all the stuff that was in it was left outside. :confused3 (David and I were at the musicals so had no clue this would happen until we got home.) Tomorrow (since I haven't slept yet ;)) the furniture in the den and dining room is being moved out to the garage. Monday the process of replacing the hardwoods downstairs begins - not really comfortable with this being done while we're gone but I have a few people planning to check up here periodically for us. Oh, and I think I've finally picked out colors for the new rooms upstairs.

Robin, not cooking is a good thing :thumbsup2 Oh my, I sound like Martha Stewart. ;)

It sounds like the construction is progressing. Just imagine how nice it will be to come home and have the floors done.

Scratch42 said:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1247909

Morning All,

It's gonna take me two days to catch up!

The link up top is a little tidbit for those overplanners!

Looks like the Wonder is already chartered for the same time next year!

;) :lmao: ;)

j
Someone mentioned that about a month or so ago, so I guess this may be a possibility that they'll announce it on our cruise.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY HALYNA & MIKE

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

tinkerbelle77 said:
I feel the same way, I am going to try it with CJ...we will see how bad mine looks!

Bad can't really happen in scrapbooking. Its like art, the beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you like what you have done, that's all that matters. Everyone has a different level of experience. Just because I have been at it a long time, doesn't mean my books are any better than someone who is new. I don't go for the super busy layouts anymore, I just want to get my pics and journaling in while it is somewhat fresh in my mind, with a few embellishments. I have gone to color blocking on the last couple of books I have done and find it much easier and quicker. Scrapbooks are for keeping our pics and memories safe, not stressing over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter