2006 Disney Dining Plan FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never had a gratuity automatically included at WDW. (I haven't been on the Dining Plan yet.)

bicker said:
I've never had a gratuity automatically included at WDW. (I haven't been on the Dining Plan yet.)

Me either. I think people automatically assume this because of the DP and also because it's common practice for large groups at so many restaurants. I'd study the receipt carefully to make sure it has/has not been included before paying. That way you're not short changing some poor CM. DDP is included though.

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

bicker said:

If your using your DDE to cover additional items, they will automatically add 18%.

Thanks,
We will be a party of 7 at most places, so I'll be sure to check and make sure. Would not want to cheat anyone out of a well deserved tip, but do not want to be cheated either. :)
Only 15 days to go!!! :moped:

Was anyone told at check in that disney made a mistake in the promotion and tipping would not be included. As I said the tip was included. Was i the only one that was told that.

katelenn said:
Was anyone told at check in that disney made a mistake in the promotion and tipping would not be included. As I said the tip was included. Was i the only one that was told that.

Just back yesterday and tips were included at every meal.

katelenn said:

wow who told you that? what resort?

The young man who registered us. We were ate Port Orleans on 8-13. He said someone made a big mistake on the promo. That the tips were not included as advertised. We only had two bills with no tip - off property.

I was wondering if I should worry about it or not. We are going in less than three weeks. Should I have already called? Is it difficult to get a week's worth of dinner reservations? How much time on the phone?

We would like to eat in Mexico and LeCellier. I don't know where else to plan for dinner meals. What others do you recommend in the other parks? Does Rainforest Cafe work with the DDP?

Thanks in advance. :cheer2:

Definitely make reservations in advance. It just isn't worth the frustration of even just one meal being unable to find a convenient, preferred place to sit down for dinner. (Be forewarned: You may already be too late for Le Cellier.)

Rainforest Cafe does not currently participate in the Dining Plan.

rickandcindy23 said:
I was wondering if I should worry about it or not. We are going in less than three weeks. Should I have already called? Is it difficult to get a week's worth of dinner reservations? How much time on the phone?

We would like to eat in Mexico and LeCellier. I don't know where else to plan for dinner meals. What others do you recommend in the other parks? Does Rainforest Cafe work with the DDP?

Thanks in advance. :cheer2:

Hi Cindy!
We made ressies for about 2 meals per day. I figure that they will be very filling and what would a theme park be if you're too full to enjoy the junk food?! It was hard to get resservations for some of the places. Especially if that park has extended hours that day. Also there is a DDP promotion going on right now, so there are a lot more people making ressies than usual (at least that's what the CM on the phone told me). If you are having a hard time, try an off hour, like we are having dinner at 3:50 pm one day because there wasn't anything after 4 that we wanted. Also, the size of your party MATTERS. I found that it was actually better to team up with other families to form a larger group than try to get reservations for only two. :grouphug: You can make all the reservations in one phone call (and its pretty easy), but I recommend having everythign you want written out in front of you when you make the call. You can check out allears.net for a list of restaurants and menus. That's all I have!! Good luck. :teeth:

Trust me I've read about 30 something pages on this and my eyes are starting to burn... We will be going on a family trip DVC at the Boardwalk in November.
Me, my wife, 3 y.o and 1 y.o daughters in one room
My Inlaws in a seperate room
My Parents in another room
My aunt in another room.
Now if we buy into the dining plan are all of our credits together on one card or are they seperate by room? Also since they do not differentiate between child/Adult table service wouldn't it always be smarter to just pay for the child in order to get another adult TS?
Since I still need to buy tickets for everybody, didn't they have a ticket to the parks that included the dining plan and if so is it just the same price as buying the ticket and meal plan seperately?
Thnaks for all the info!

We are staying in November as DVC members at the Boardwalk, the family includes:
Me, my wife and our 3 yo and 1 yo daughters in one room
My in laws in another
My Parents in another
Aunt in the fourth room
My question is: do all of our credits get pooled together or are they divided by room? Also if there is no differenciating between adult and child table service wouldn't it always make sense to just pay for a childs meal out of pocket in order to have another adult TS?
Since we still need to buy park tickets for everyone is there a park ticket that includes the dining plan and is that price any different than just buying the park ticket and meal plan seperately? Thanks so much!

Credits are pooled by reservation. If your separate rooms are on separate reservations, then you'll have separate pools.

Child meal entitlements cannot be used for adult meals. Sorry. Please contact Disney Dining for more information about this.

The Dining Plan is associated with your hotel reservation, not your admission tickets. As a matter of fact, if you're staying on DVC points, there is no admission purchase requirement.

Joyce: Perhaps it would be best to update the Exclusions section of the OP, to address a few bits of confusion that seem to have been coming up often, recently. Specifically, there appears to be an exclusion at Tony's now, regarding desserts -- Dining Plan folks are reporting that they're only being allowed to order a specific dessert sampler, not any of the individually listed desserts.

Also, I think it might make sense to mention the classification of two of the entrees at Teppanyaki as "specialties", since that seems to cause the most confusion. It's not strictly an exception, I know, since those two entrees are really not listed as entrees on the menu, but still there seems to be confusion.

bicker said:
Joyce: Perhaps it would be best to update the Exclusions section of the OP, to address a few bits of confusion that seem to have been coming up often, recently. Specifically, there appears to be an exclusion at Tony's now, regarding desserts -- Dining Plan folks are reporting that they're only being allowed to order a specific dessert sampler, not any of the individually listed desserts.

Also, I think it might make sense to mention the classification of two of the entrees at Teppanyaki as "specialties", since that seems to cause the most confusion. It's not strictly an exception, I know, since those two entrees are really not listed as entrees on the menu, but still there seems to be confusion.

I didn't see a post on Teppanyaki could you give me more details or a link? Thanks.

Are there any other exclusions besides Tony's?

Sorry with work/school I haven't been keeping up as much lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter