2006 Disney Dining Plan FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I've read this as well. The only places where lobster is included on the Dining Plan is Cap'n Jack's at DTD, and the signature restaurants.

Well, I was looking at the menus on Deb Wills site and she hasn't updated it, those are the menus we used to decide.

Okay I have a few more ??

Wolfgang's - Which Wolfgang's IS included in the table service dining (on the plan) is it the upstairs one? Is there 3 Wolfgang's???

Okay I figured out there are 3 Wolfgang's...which ones take the dining plan??

At Teppanyaki - can you get the salad as your app. on the plan??? Or is those bean pods the only thing???

TIA!!!!

There are just two Wolfgang Pucks on the Dining Plan: Wolfgang Puck Cafe (TS) and Wolfgang Puck Express (CS). The "upstairs" Wolfgang Puck does not participate in the Dining Plan.

jjohnson said:
Other than using the bakery for a CS breakfast the only other place nearby is BC marketplace. The best option would be to go to Stage Door & use a bunch of snack credits for breakfast items in the room & have an early CS lunch.
That's what I thought. Thanks for confirming it. Looks like bagels and juice in the room and an early counter service lunch.

The deal that is going on during free dining - where you trade 1TS for 1CS and snacks, pins and so on , is that only during free dining, or a permanent part of the DDP?TIA!

snowwhitesmom said:
The deal that is going on during free dining - where you trade 1TS for 1CS and snacks, pins and so on , is that only during free dining, or a permanent part of the DDP?TIA!

Right now it is only during free dining.

Gymbomom said:
At Teppanyaki - can you get the salad as your app. on the plan??? Or is those bean pods the only thing???

TIA!!!!

Thanks for the help on the Wolfgang question....

Can anyone confirm that a salad can be an app. on the dining plan??
TIA!!!

Gymbomom said:
Thanks for the help on the Wolfgang question....

Can anyone confirm that a salad can be an app. on the dining plan??
TIA!!!

Salad is considered an appetizer on the plan. I thought Teppanyaki only allowed the seaweed salad as an appetizer :confused3

Teppanyaki is one of our FAVORITES, but I wish they were not always so difficult. The past few times we have been there (not on Dining plan) they were so rude. :(

I really want the salad with the ginger dressing, so if anyone HAS been able to get that and report about it, I would really appreciate it.
If not, we might switch our dinner table service.

Gymbomom said:
Teppanyaki is one of our FAVORITES, but I wish they were not always so difficult. The past few times we have been there (not on Dining plan) they were so rude. :(

I really want the salad with the ginger dressing, so if anyone HAS been able to get that and report about it, I would really appreciate it.
If not, we might switch our dinner table service.

You may want to ask this as a new post. You will get more replies. I also have read that the dessert here is only ginger ice cream.

We should create an online calculator for people to use to decide whether or not the meal plan is for them. :teacher: I am having such a time trying to figure out what (or even if) we should do. The first problem is that we are Florida residents, planning on staying at CR for four days :sunny: . We have AAA Florida resident park tix for the last three days. I don't even know if we are elegible to add the DDP or not :confused3 . If yes, I am still thinking that since there are only two of us, and we do not need to eat elaborately for three meals a day popcorn:: , that it might not be worth it. Can anyone help with figuring out the answer to the first problem so I can start overannalyzing the second??? :badpc:

Does anyone know if they are going to let you use snack points at the Food and Wine Cart? This was nice last year!

When we checked in 8/13 we were told there was a mistake in the free dining plan and tips were not included. All dis park and resort tabs had tip included. Wolfgang and jack's did not. we went back to jacks later in the week and it was. My son went to planet holly and it wasn't. He left some big tips when he probably didn't have to. anyone else encounter this.

That stinks........Oh, is this for FREE Dining or the regular Dining Package ??
We have the Dining Plan, and both Tax & Tip are INCLUDED ! I Love that !
HOWEVER, I could totally understand if it was Free Dining.....

WE cannot wait to stuff our little faces and dine like royalty on our November vacay !! Woooooo Hooooooo :cool1: :tinker: :earboy2:

I don't believe the restaurants have any means of knowing whether a patron is getting the Dining Plan for "free" versus paid for the Dining Plan.

katelenn said:
When we checked in 8/13 we were told there was a mistake in the free dining plan and tips were not included. All dis park and resort tabs had tip included. Wolfgang and jack's did not. we went back to jacks later in the week and it was. My son went to planet holly and it wasn't. He left some big tips when he probably didn't have to. anyone else encounter this.

the coupon for the free meal at planet hollywood states, gratuity not included.

this is the only place i am aware of that you would need to tip at if you are on the dining plan

We had the free dining plan and on all of our receipts it stated 18% tip and gratuity included. It even had how much tip was being added. The DDP with free dining was great. It worked out perfectly for all of us. We ate restaurants we normally wouldn't have eaten at. We were all left very full! We had lots of food. ;)

Is 18% gratuity included in all bills or just when you're on DDP? I'm curious because I wonder how many people don't notice it, and then end up tipping twice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter