20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, we have started to lay out our stuff for the trip. This weekend we pulled out the dive bag and took out the stuff we wouldn't need. On a side note, we just realized that we must have left one of our two dive lights on the dive boat in Hawaii...very unhappy, as they are not cheap (at least for the good ones).

Anyway, we decided that we just might need a better solution to our packing dilemmas with the weight limits. While at Target we decided to poke around in the luggage area and found a great suitcase. It is the maximum size allowable to be checked, but unlike a lot of suitcases that large, it only weighs about 8 pounds empty. That leaves me with a whole 42 pound of stuff to stuff in! :banana: Just thought that might be helpful to some of you. If you're worried about weight limits, try weighing your empty suitcase. Our standard cases are VERY heavy, even when empty. Doesn't give you a lot of choices when packing.

Scott H said:
Bill, US Divers is good stuff.

Linda, Thanks for the Captain info. I thought I read some where it was to be Captain Henry. Last May Captain Henry told Kelli and I it would not be him on the repo cruises.

You are a brave man Peter!!!! If you ever noticed inside Walmart’s they have benches for that very reason. Remind me and I will show you and any others the universal man hand symbol to use when your buddies question you about something you did for your wife. It is G rated.

When we were on Christmas Cruise he said it would be him. Then I got conflicting info, so I called DCL last month and they confirmed that it would be Captain Thord Hagen. Hope they didn't lie, cuz I had some stuff done up with his name.

Scott H said:
Hey Ken , are the experts who I think they are, those WDW famous folks we know from doing past scavenger hunts at WDW? If it is who I think they are this will be a real challenge. They have some pretty good stuff.

And to think I have a hard time finding Hidden Mickeys!!! :earseek: :earseek:

Just got home from Walmart and found the light up thingy flippy floppies! Bought 2 pair for DD!

I also bought a bunch more stuff for DD's basket that Shirley at the "The Perfect Gift" is making! Boy is that little one going to be surprised! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I cannot wait to see the look on her face!! :flower: :flower:

Are we having a "light up thingy flippy floppies" meet? Or how about wearing them on formal night?

The scavenger hunt on the ship will be so much easier than driving and parking and walking all the resorts and the four parks at WDW - I will welcome the ship's scavenger hunt. Bring it on............. :jumping1:

Mickey&JoshNut said:
Now it seems that everyone is going to have those blinking flippy floppy thingies but me!!!!!!!

waaahhhhh!!!!! I want blinking flippy floppy thingies :sad1:

Elaine

You guys are the best!!!!

Last night I posted my "whine" and I've already had 2 offers to pick me up blinking flippy floppy thingies. Thanks Kim & Bette (bettemom) and Shari (spros).

Elaine

bonzie1 said:
I'm beginning to feel I am so far behind! :faint:

Me too!!!, I cant believe how much I feel like I need to do and they expect me to work through it all...my work is getting in the way of my vacation....
Lots of late nights and weekends...I can rest on the ship.

Michelle aka NEM

Elaine,

I am so happy to hear your wish is going to come true!! :sunny: :flower:

I couldn't find any light-up flippie-floppies for me, so I bought two for DD instead!

HEY Q
We will personally Inspect Her Basket,
the day before the cruise..little visit to Shirley..

Im Sure it will Be Great ....

Happy Birthday To BETTEMOM / Bette :bday: :bday: :bday: :rose:

Scott H said:
Hey Ken , are the experts who I think they are, those WDW famous folks we know from doing past scavenger hunts at WDW? If it is who I think they are this will be a real challenge. They have some pretty good stuff.

I'll never tell. Well, maybe I will. Then again maybe not. Your guess is probably very good.

Ken

SandraLee said:
I am so excited! I love scavenger hunts. Is this something that my kids will be able to help with? Or, will I need two adult-size brains?? ;)

(Then again, maybe my kids will know more about this ship than me!?)

Since I am just making this up as I go, I would say that it would be an activity for kids of all ages. In many cases, I'm not sure that "two adult-size brains" are any better then one brain of any size. :)

Ken

Hi Everyone

This is just a reminder about the Cabo ATV tour. I will be PMing everyone soon to talk about the cost.

So far we have the following groups lined up to go on the 9:00am Cabo ATV tour:

charwac1 - 2 people - 2 ATVs
Serena6010 - 2 people - 1 ATV
DisneyPinDiva - 2 people - 1 ATV
ennisb - 4 people - 3 ATVs
kpros - 2 people - 2 ATVs
seaulater - 1 person - 1 ATV (one heavy throttle hand)
Bonzie1 - 2 people - 2 ATVs
Hygiene99 - 2 person - 1 ATV

This is for the 9:00am tour. I would like to make the reservation soon, so if you are interested please let me know.

Ken

Happy happy Birthday Bettemom Bette!!!!!!

I hope you're having a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day!!!!!!

Elaine

We finally got our cabin assignment this afternoon! No more lifeboat suite for us! We're in 6114. Kind of out in "no man's land" as far as DIS cabins are concerned, but that's okay. We're on the port side with a plexiglass verandah, which is what we requested (and with our feet facing forward, which my sister needs to help with her seasickness!). And we're only several doors down from DISers in either direction!

This deserves 8 Dancing Banana Men!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Hygiene99 said:
HEY Q
We will personally Inspect Her Basket,
the day before the cruise..little visit to Shirley..

Im Sure it will Be Great ....

Happy Birthday To BETTEMOM / Bette :bday: :bday: :bday: :rose:
Peter,

Cool! :cool1:
I have heard such wonderful things about Shirley, I can't wait to see what she puts together!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter