20041218-cruise-friends-memories Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary,

CONGRATULATIONS on 3000!!!!

See - I didn't snipe it away from you.....

I have my sights set on something bigger.... :p

Of course if I snipe any more away - I might be eating alone..........:eek: :rolleyes:

Well I work 1-10 today - probably won't be on much - this shift is too busy to relax on.....

Oh well.... another beautiful day here in WV.

Virgil
pirate:

Okay, so I'll post each subject in a different message: (you know I need that 100,000)

Lynda-I'm so glad that DCL came to their senses and got Cash a verandah! The tree might be a little hard to come up with, although we could find a chain saw and cut a Florida tree down.....

Which made me think......you know, they have blow up palm trees at Oriental Trading. Do you think Cash could learn to do his thing on a blow up tree?

At least that way you could just have the deck hands spray it down each day! Maybe we could find some evergreen freshner spray, spray the tree, so it smells real.

What do you think?

Linda

Mary-It's amazing what we will do not to miss something. I have set my alarm many times in the middle of the night so I can be the first one in to get something.

Did that recently with all our FF awards for our flights for the cruise. There I was at midnight, first available minute to get the awards! Thank goodness I did, I took every possible seat they had for FF awards on Delta to get everyone except me to Florida and back for free!

Linda

Pretty day here, too. It was supposed to be raining, but it's sunny. It will probably rain tomorrow when I want to fly. Since there's never any "weather" here, one drop of rain shuts down the airport!
The doctor gave me the okay to fly. I hadn't realized just how sick I was until he told me that he'd been really worried about me. I'm feeling alot better, not 100%, but getting there. I always say that it takes getting really sick to appreciate being well! :)

WVMD, sent you a pm.

Sorry Angela, I've never been in that area, so I can't help.
If I end up getting to go on my friend's trip in June, that's where we'll be....I could let you know then. But I'm sure a few of the others here know.

Have to take the doggy to the Pet Resort now, and get back to the office.

Don't tell anyone you "saw" me here!!! ;)

Stacey

Welcome Randy, Annie and family. Randy how old is DD. My DD Jamie is going to be 12 next month. Great picture of your family.
I booked the cruise back in December and gave to all our kids, spouses, grandkids for Christmas. There are 13 of us going. I know some in this group have cruised together before, they have been very welcoming and I can't wait to cruise with all of them. Check out Mary's site monorailgreen.info and look at the t-shirts in case you are interested. Crazy pirate: GaRry is going to order this fall.

Talk to you soon!

Linda

Linda,
I just hope I don't have the balcony below when they hose off Cash's deck!!
Just as a little side-line.....I love Oriental Trading. I went to High School with the gal that owns the company, and check in at her office when I visit back home. (Omaha)

Stacey

Watched Jim last night (and Navy NCIS too). Don't watch Jim but wanted to see the ship again. Even though the horn was cheesy, it still got the family excited!

Thanks Mary for the horn. I have downloaded it. Now if I can just figure out how to have the horn sound everyday at 5 p.m. EST like an alarm clock it will remind me that we are another day closer. Anyone out there a computer genius (unlike me) and know how to do that?

Linda

YIPPEE T.O.P.!!!!

Actually, I think I have one of those palm trees! (There's a long story to that)

Back to work I go.

Hey Stacey-maybe you can get her to donate the blow up palm tree on Cash's behalf?

Linda

I'll look and see if I still have mine. It was never used, so Cash won't have to worry!!:p

Oh, and in trying to catch up on the reading from all the posts last night.......

We spent Christmas 2003 at Disneyland. It was wonderful. There is no better place to be at than Disney for Christmas. Well, okay, a Disney Cruise ship is probably better. I'll let you know after this cruise.

Christmas Eve was wonderful. It was kinda rainy and everyone left early, but us DIS Veteran's had our raingear and we basically walked on every ride!

Since it was still raining it was questionable as to the fireworks, but Disney came through and did the fireworks but no snow on Christmas Eve. The fireworks and the music bring tears to my eyes everytime! Same thing happens when we are at Epcot. Those things just tug at my heart strings!

On Christmas Day the parks were packed. They actually had to not let anyone enter DL for awhile (until 6 p.m.) and people had to go to Calif. Adventure. The lines were 2-3 hours long. Of course, I don't know why people don't use fast pass. Can't understand why they would stand in line for over 2 hours to go on Splash Mtn. when they could come back in three with a fast pass. Well, I guess it does benefit us in the long run. So bring more of those line standers in!

Anyway, it was wonderful. The Electric Light Parade, fireworks, Christmas shows etc. Like I said, nothing beats a Disney Christmas!

Linda

Okay, I've done my fair share this morning. It is now 10:30 and I really, really, really, have to get some work done! And besides, I've been basically talking to myself all this time. (Well, me and Stacey)

I'll check back later!

Linda

I've never stayed out at the port Angela. Always pricelined in by Orlando airport. But I did check out the hotels there before our first cruise. There are many on the beach strip. I think Dave_From_Marietta has them listed on his web site. Of course, i can't remember the web page address, but Barb and Tony have a link on their site www.castawayclub.com

Great idea about the blow up tree! And Stacey, so cool that you know the owner of Oriental trading company. My kids just LOVE looking through the catalog. They spend their money (mentally) about a million different ways!

Here is the link to the resorts page on Dave's site.
Lodging Near Port Canaveral

We've stayed at the Radisson twice and liked it very much. I think we pretty much had the same room both times :D

For December we are spending the night before down at Vero Beach. We own down there and have never been so want to try it out for the day.

Good morning everyone!

Looking for some *pixie dust* and maybe a dose of good luck...
My husband (active duty in the Air Force) just recieved one year deployment orders today with a departure date of June 10th.

Hoping he can retain his leave time so we can meet in Florida for the cruise...:worried:

Keeping our fingers crossed...

jill

Jill: I'm so sorry to hear about the long term deployment! I'm certainly hoping that you can still keep the vacation plans!

Originally posted by two4ruff
Good morning everyone!

Looking for some *pixie dust* and maybe a dose of good luck...
My husband (active duty in the Air Force) just recieved one year deployment orders today with a departure date of June 10th.

Hoping he can retain his leave time so we can meet in Florida for the cruise...:worried:

Keeping our fingers crossed...

jill

Jill definately sending pixie dust your way both to keep him safe and that you can join us on the cruise!

Two4ruff - definitely Pixie Dust on the way......

Hope that things work out! I know how hard it can be as my son is also in the AirForce - currently stationed in England.

Virgil
pirate:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter