2 questions

raammartin

DIS Veteran
  • Should my azaleas and pixie lilies be trying to bloom...again this year/season?
  • I have the usual green shrubs along the front of my house. I'd like to plant some colorful perinneals in between them for color. Is it too late in the season to do that? What perinneals would y'all suggest?

TIA!

Your azaleas and lilies are done for the year, sorry. :sad2: Unless some miracle happens and you have a second set of blossoms! :thumbsup2

It's never too late to plant!!!! Just need some basic info, as to if your area that you like is in complete shade, full sun, afternoon sun, etc.

PrincessMommyof2 said:
Your azaleas and lilies are done for the year, sorry. :sad2: Unless some miracle happens and you have a second set of blossoms! :thumbsup2
Well, they've both bloomed once this season. We've had a lot of rain in the last few days so I walked around yesterday to pull new weeds and check my flowerbeds and some of my azaleas have new little buds on them. Same for my lilies. :confused3

It's never too late to plant!!!! Just need some basic info, as to if your area that you like is in complete shade, full sun, afternoon sun, etc.

Oh thank you! I'm the world's worst at choosing plants. I'm in zone 8. The beds in the front get sun most of the day. It may be more shaded in the afternoons.

raammartin said:
Well, they've both bloomed once this season. We've had a lot of rain in the last few days so I walked around yesterday to pull new weeds and check my flowerbeds and some of my azaleas have new little buds on them. Same for my lilies. :confused3
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: Enjoy those extras!!!

Zone 8 is great for tons of different perennials! Coreopsis is one of my favorites; they have some new, great varieties with cute tiny maroon ones being my favorite. There are the coolest cosmos out now, "Chocolate" and I kid you not, they smell like chocolate! :thumbsup2 Penstemons are becoming a favorite of mine. For pretty foliage, I like Russian sage or lavendar (so pretty and silvery).

Here's a link to Better Homes and Garden's top 10 perennials: www.bhg.com/bhg/story.jhtml?storyid=/templatedata/bhg/story/data/top10perennials_04012002.xml&catref=cat720003 . So many to choose from! Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter