1st week of Oct Crowds

anyone thinking about the 7am open at MK on the 7th? I haven't quite figured out why they opted for such an early open that day? But I am trying to convince my ride junkie children to leave Poly with me at 6:30 to go! My DH will likely sleep in and my 6 year old is on the fence - but my 9 year old is pot committed and is ready to set the alarm! We plan to be in Epcot that afternoon/evening. It would be awesome if we could get a few trips on Space, Buzz, Barnstormer, and ideally atleast one early morning trip on 7DMT, PP, and Pooh as well!

We will be at Grand Floridian on October 7-9 for the conference I attend.

So far we are planning only one park day - in Epcot for October 9th as we are two adults. Hope everybody would go to Magic Kingdom on October 9th, and leave Epcot empty for us :tiptoe:

I was in WDW for New Year once, so no crowds would scare me after that - as long as they would not be the same as for NY :))) But I would prefer empty parks - YES :tongue:

We will be at Grand Floridian on October 7-9 for the conference I attend.

So far we are planning only one park day - in Epcot for October 9th as we are two adults. Hope everybody would go to Magic Kingdom on October 9th, and leave Epcot empty for us :tiptoe:

I was in WDW for New Year once, so no crowds would scare me after that - as long as they would not be the same as for NY :))) But I would prefer empty parks - YES :tongue:

We are also avoiding MK on the 9th - figured the last run of the MSEP and a holiday weekend should be a draw! Fingers crossed we make out okay!

We are also avoiding MK on the 9th - figured the last run of the MSEP and a holiday weekend should be a draw! Fingers crossed we make out okay!

I actually had no idea about holiday weekend so was surprised it was so challenging to get dining reservations. Not surprised anymore :)))

But I didn't have a choice of days anyways. And my husband would not go to Disney World this year, as we were there in November 2015 with the whole family and stopped for one day after cruise in May for Flower and Garden Festival. It's too much of Disney for him :)))

But conference rate for Grand Floridian was so tempting, we never stayed there before and he knew I always wanted to try it, and he wanted to try their golf courses: he actually was the one who gave the idea when saw the conference brochure :)) So lucky me :))))))

October 1st to 8th for our 5. We always go November or December. Wanted to try a new holiday and still get free dining so I will take whatever crowds we get. I am getting a bit scared though. Really hoping it isn't insane crowds. If we can pull moderate levels or up to 7, that would be perfect... But life isn't perfect right??? lol. Hope everyone enjoys their trips. Thinking of adding MNSSHP tix too but not if it will be super busy too.

September 29th - October 4th for us with MNSSHP on the night of the 2nd. We're usually early Dec or early Feb people so this will be our first Halloween trip to WDW (we've done Halloween at DL twice).

anyone thinking about the 7am open at MK on the 7th? I haven't quite figured out why they opted for such an early open that day? But I am trying to convince my ride junkie children to leave Poly with me at 6:30 to go! My DH will likely sleep in and my 6 year old is on the fence - but my 9 year old is pot committed and is ready to set the alarm! We plan to be in Epcot that afternoon/evening. It would be awesome if we could get a few trips on Space, Buzz, Barnstormer, and ideally atleast one early morning trip on 7DMT, PP, and Pooh as well!
That's the same day as the MNSSHP....They might be trying to open early to get those not going extra time.

Anyone wants to help, I'm doubting my park choices? I originally followed EasyWDW recommendation.

I'm sticking with this part:
Thu, Sept 29: Epcot
Fri, Sept 30: AK
Sat, Oct 1 : HS - We will see the SW fireworks
Sun, Oct 2 : MK - close at 7PM
Mon, Oct 3 : Universal
Tue, Oct 4: Halloween party

But from there I'm lost. I have three parameters I need to work with:
1 - I need to be in MK at least once when there is no party (Oct 5 or Oct 8)
2 - We want a second Epcot day (F&W+Columbus day = should probably not do that close to the week-end)
3 - We need a second night at HS to see Fantasmic.

I made preliminary choices, before they announced the end of MSEP. My choice were:
Wed, Oct 5 : Epcot
Thu, Oct 6: Buffer day (extra park or water park)
Fri, Oct 7: HS at night for Fantasmic + EMH
Sat, Oct 8: MK

My new choices would be:
Wed, Oct 5 : MK
Thu, Oct 6: Epcot (heavier crowd then on a wednesday?)
Fri, Oct 7: Buffer day (extra park or water park)
Sat, Oct 8: HS (but loose night EMH)

I'm not thrill at ending the trip at HS.

Any advices? :)

That's the same day as the MNSSHP....They might be trying to open early to get those not going extra time.

Hope they start doing that every day they have a party. Because assuming the park would close at a normal 9 p.m. or so each day, and 4 nights of MNSSHP out of 5 during our trip, i feel like we are losing 8 possible MK hours during our trip. That's almost an entire day, and that doesn't count the increase in crowds and wait times that starts at 4 p.m. each day as partygoers flood in.

Hope they start doing that every day they have a party. Because assuming the park would close at a normal 9 p.m. or so each day, and 4 nights of MNSSHP out of 5 during our trip, i feel like we are losing 8 possible MK hours during our trip. That's almost an entire day, and that doesn't count the increase in crowds and wait times that starts at 4 p.m. each day as partygoers flood in.

Except they aren't doing it any other party day that week- I was hoping for it that Sunday or Tuesday- I think Tuesday is due to the EMH thing, but I don't know about Sunday or Thursday

Except they aren't doing it any other party day that week- I was hoping for it that Sunday or Tuesday- I think Tuesday is due to the EMH thing, but I don't know about Sunday or Thursday

Even the EMM at MK is sold out for the second week, so unless you want to pay $$$ for party tickets, that in our last experience was way too overcrowded (IMHO only), you can't even buy extra time. Keepin' my fingers crossed for you they add it Sunday or Thursday.

I will be there, but it's going to be tough to get up. My family and I are staying at AofA so we will need to be walking to the buses about 5:30. I'm hoping my 6 year old doesn't give me a hard time.

Anyone wants to help, I'm doubting my park choices? I originally followed EasyWDW recommendation.

I'm sticking with this part:
Thu, Sept 29: Epcot
Fri, Sept 30: AK
Sat, Oct 1 : HS - We will see the SW fireworks
Sun, Oct 2 : MK - close at 7PM
Mon, Oct 3 : Universal
Tue, Oct 4: Halloween party

But from there I'm lost. I have three parameters I need to work with:
1 - I need to be in MK at least once when there is no party (Oct 5 or Oct 8)
2 - We want a second Epcot day (F&W+Columbus day = should probably not do that close to the week-end)
3 - We need a second night at HS to see Fantasmic.

I made preliminary choices, before they announced the end of MSEP. My choice were:
Wed, Oct 5 : Epcot
Thu, Oct 6: Buffer day (extra park or water park)
Fri, Oct 7: HS at night for Fantasmic + EMH
Sat, Oct 8: MK

My new choices would be:
Wed, Oct 5 : MK
Thu, Oct 6: Epcot (heavier crowd then on a wednesday?)
Fri, Oct 7: Buffer day (extra park or water park)
Sat, Oct 8: HS (but loose night EMH)

I'm not thrill at ending the trip at HS.

Any advices? :)

Your plan is very similar to ours. I can't help with your decisions but here is my plan:
Wed 28 Sep - MK
Thurs 29 Sep - Epcot
Fri 30 Sep - non Disney day
Sat 1 Oct - HS (for club villain)
Sun 2 Oct - AK
Mon 3 Oct - spare day with park hoppers (dinner ADR at Epcot currently)
Tues 4 Oct - MNSSHP
Wed 5 Oct - MK
Thurs 6 Oct we leave

I will be there, but it's going to be tough to get up. My family and I are staying at AofA so we will need to be walking to the buses about 5:30. I'm hoping my 6 year old doesn't give me a hard time.

Do the busses run at 5:30??

Your plan is very similar to ours. I can't help with your decisions but here is my plan:
Wed 28 Sep - MK
Thurs 29 Sep - Epcot
Fri 30 Sep - non Disney day
Sat 1 Oct - HS (for club villain)
Sun 2 Oct - AK
Mon 3 Oct - spare day with park hoppers (dinner ADR at Epcot currently)
Tues 4 Oct - MNSSHP
Wed 5 Oct - MK
Thurs 6 Oct we leave

I'll be seeing you guys at Epcot on Thursday, HS on Saturday, and MNSSHP.

Gonna be there too. But there's only two of us. We may go in at 5:30 too. PM. Mostly there for F&W but we may go to MK a day or two

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter