***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

ATTENTION EVERYONE!
So this is what I have from last night. Please let me know if I got anything wrong or if you want to add anything. tagging @Lisa F so she does not miss this

JibJab Party

11/30 @pigletgirl

12/1 @serenitynow, @nicynot

12/3 @Lisa F, @BDFmom, @PlutosUnDr8d, @areno79, @JamieOak, @Candycane83

12/5 @jillyh, @Maryemcd

12/10 @DisneyBelle27

12/16 @Party.Of.4-NY>>>FL ;)

MVMCP

12/1 @JamieOak, @BDFmom, @Iowamomof4

12/4 @nicynot, @BDFmom, @Maryemcd, @Iowamomof4 (maybe)

12/6 @PlutosUnDr8d, @Mal6586, @jillyh, @Maryemcd

12/8 @Lisa F, @rasadkowski, @Talby, @areno79, @LBlovesM&WDW, @DisneyBelle27, @Candycane83
12/15 @Party.Of.4-NY>>>FL

EMM

11/27 @Iowamomof4

11/29 @JamieOak, @BDFmom

12/4 @rasadkowski, @areno79, @Maryemcd

12/6 @BDFmom, @Iowamomof4 (maybe)

CP

12/2 @PlutosUnDr8d, @nicynot

12/5 @Lisa F

12/7 @DisneyBelle27, @Mal6586, @jillyh

Wishes Dessert Party

11/30 @JamieOak, @BDFmom

Illuminations Dessert Party

12/4 @Lisa F?

12/7 @Maryemcd

12/10 @Candycane83 (might cancel)

USF

11/25-11/27 @JamieOak (think I got this right?)

11/30-12/3 @Candycane83

12/5 @Mal6586, @pigletgirl

12/7 @areno79

Sleigh Ride

12/4 @Mal6586

12/17 @Party.Of.4-NY>>>FL

Twilight Safari

11/29 @BDFmom

Wild Africa Trek

11/28 @JamieOak
12/3 @Maryemcd
12/12 @Party.Of.4-NY>>>FL
I will give this a day or two to sit and then copy it over to the front page. @areno79 is at CP at the same time as I am for example lol

Holy cow, three boxes of baggies!

We have CP on 2 days since they haven't released the narrators, but I'm leaning toward keeping the 11th. We are going to USO, but just to CityWalk and Toothsome. I'm currently on hold for a possible sleigh ride. I would like to meet up at the party, even just to say hello. We aren't doing any dessert parties because M isn't a sweet eater really and is usually forced to eat them at Disney lol.
I'll put you down for 11th then :) Definitely would love to get to meet you on 12/8 :)

EDIT: I forgot I got a box and added 2 more.. LOL but I could use it for home :P or packing DS2's clothes in them, LOL!

this sleigh ride thing is stuck in my head now. Would it be absolutely bonkers to try to book it for after dinner at Narcoossees? it's a 5:30 dinner, I don't know what times are available but we could do it and then head back to the MK to stay until midnight. or too much travel for... what? shoved there right in the middle.

it might have been nice to do first night but if plane is delayed I am SoL :P

Thanks to the confidence-boost from @Lisa F I went back in and completely flip-flopped my HS and AK days. Was able to get all my fp+s again, as well as my Tiffins lunch reservation!

Fri, 12/9
AK
KS - 9:40am-10:40am
EE - 11:35am-12:35pm
Dinosaur - 3:15pm-4:15pm
Tiffins - 1:35pm
Disney Springs?

Sat, 12/10
HS
TSMM - 10:15am-11:15am
ToT - 11:20am-12:20pm
ST - 3:10pm-4:10pm
JBJB Dessert Party

I also did a little Googling and the main loop through the campground is actually even designated as a running path, woot! So now that I've freed up my arrival evening again, I think I might swing over there to get a few miles in and check out all the decorated campsites!

Thanks to the confidence-boost from @Lisa F I went back in and completely flip-flopped my HS and AK days. Was able to get all my fp+s again, as well as my Tiffins lunch reservation!

Fri, 12/9
AK
Disney Springs?

Sat, 12/10
HS
JBJB Dessert Party

I also did a little Googling and the main loop through the campground is actually even designated as a running path, woot! So now that I've freed up my arrival evening again, I think I might swing over there to get a few miles in and check out all the decorated campsites!
So great for you! and nice on the running path too! I'd love to do this if I were solo or adults only! :)

this sleigh ride thing is stuck in my head now. Would it be absolutely bonkers to try to book it for after dinner at Narcoossees? it's a 5:30 dinner, I don't know what times are available but we could do it and then head back to the MK to stay until midnight. or too much travel for... what? shoved there right in the middle.

it might have been nice to do first night but if plane is delayed I am SoL :P
LOL, I actually cancelled mine in favour of more park time. :P Funny thing is, I had it for 8:30 on 12/9! You guys are making me want to reconsider.

they hold it there because that's where they hold it the rest of the year. it is indoors with seating so it is seen as the premium spot. the plaza gardens, while a better view of the fireworks, has no seating and is not under cover so if it is drizzling or even raining but the fireworks still go on it is definitely a premium spot.

take some time and look at this. it is kenny the pirate's review and it shows the halloween wishes (so no spoilers for you for the christmas ones lol) and you can see what you will see there. his review is not very positive but it is being given by someone who goes to WDW ALL THE TIME, has a favorite spot to view the fireworks at etcetc. Also a single guy and not a family of 6.

http://www.kennythepirate.com/2015/09/17/review-happy-hallowishes-dessert-premium-package/

I think that will give you the best idea of what you'll get out of it.

The view of the fireworks were definitely better from the area in front of Casey's than what was from the Tomorrowland Plaza in Kenny's review. The Hallowishes fireworks were perfectly centered with the castle, not skewed off to the side. And for $69 a person I can eat at a Signature restaurant. ;) These parties are usually not as crowded as a regular non - party night. There is plenty of room in the Hub for people to camp out, sit down, spread a blanket, and let their children run around before the fireworks during one of these parties.

The truth is, I don't eat desserts at night very often, so I am slightly prejudice about these parties. ;)

The view of the fireworks were definitely better from the area in front of Casey's than what was from the Tomorrowland Plaza in Kenny's review. The Hallowishes fireworks were perfectly centered with the castle, not skewed off to the side. And for $69 a person I can eat at a Signature restaurant. ;) These parties are usually not as crowded as a regular non - party night. There is plenty of room in the Hub for people to camp out, sit down, spread a blanket, and let their children run around before the fireworks during one of these parties.

The truth is, I don't eat desserts at night very often, so I am slightly prejudice about these parties. ;)
I remember having to camp out at least an hour but maybe more before the parade and it was packed for MNSSHP in 2014. But I will take your word for it if 45 minutes is enough to get a prime main street location. If we decide to all meet up we might want to give it an hour so we can find a big enough spot for everyone together. I am a fan of ON main street personally but I am willing to negotiate :)

I seriously need to cool my jets. Like, right now! I'm freaking out about the sleigh ride thing, I am freaking out about the dessert parties. I just ordered $600 worth of gift cards from target (have to get that 5% off).

I think my plans are fine the way they are and I need to be fine with that. the tweaking this morning set off a firestorm in me!

Fri, 12/9
AK
Disney Springs?

Sat, 12/10
HS
JBJB Dessert Party

yeah I meant to answer this - I don't think it's crazy at all to run! I think it sounds perfect actually. if I ran or anything. which if I don't. but if I did I'd run there. so there you have it :)

I remember having to camp out at least an hour but maybe more before the parade and it was packed for MNSSHP in 2014. But I will take your word for it if 45 minutes is enough to get a prime main street location. If we decide to all meet up we might want to give it an hour so we can find a big enough spot for everyone together. I am a fan of ON main street personally but I am willing to negotiate :)
I'm pretty much back to leaning on this option...

I seriously need to cool my jets. Like, right now! I'm freaking out about the sleigh ride thing, I am freaking out about the dessert parties. I just ordered $600 worth of gift cards from target (have to get that 5% off).

I think my plans are fine the way they are and I need to be fine with that. the tweaking this morning set off a firestorm in me!

Just breathe.... it'll be great no matter what you end up doing! Unless you try to do too much... then it might not be so great. ;)

I know we're not the only ones still hanging, but man, I wish they would announce our narrator already! It's our first time to see it, so I hope it's somebody neat!
I agree! I've done CP before, so I hope it's someone that doesn't suck!!

It's not blocked, it's just a little off to the side under cover. :) It's great it works for you! Honestly, it might work good for me too especially with a two year old who cannot sit still unless in his stroller. But the view is really killing me! I wish they would do the plaza garden view for this too! LOL! (asking too much of course!)
See, this was my reasoning for not doing it. I've seen regular Wishes and Hallowishes from Tomorrowland Terrace...and while you do get a good view of Tink, it's not the best view overall because it's not straight on. For me that was the deal breaker for not doing the party, as well as the not so great dessert reviews. :confused3

Thanks for this info @LisaF! I didn't know about them being 360 at all! ( even for just a bit) So that makes sense! I wonder why they'd hold a special paid event where you can't even see everything? I can definitely understand everyone's thoughts now!!
They hold the event because it's Disney and they know people will pay for it, even if it's subpar. :hyper:Most people just don't know that there's something better. But for a large group like yours, it's probably worth it to have a guaranteed spot. ::yes::

@Candycane83

Here are our "accessories" as I like to think of them. lol They may give the "outfit" a little bit of a different look, but the outfit alone is amazing and definitely stands alone. ;)

12/2 IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party (switched from 12/6)
12/3 Dolphins in Depth
12/6 EMM
12/6 Cirque du Soleil
12/8 MVMCP (no dessert party)
12/9 Pirates and Pals

I'll be back soon to chat!! Hope everyone is doing GREAT!

@areno79 I still have that 12/3 Sci-Fi! I put it on the cancellations thread and no one wanted it, and I actually forgot about it. Shoot me a PM if you want it--I'll be back on here tonight at some point. ;)
Oh yay! Sending a PM now!

LOL, I actually cancelled mine in favour of more park time. :P Funny thing is, I had it for 8:30 on 12/9! You guys are making me want to reconsider.
Don't do it!! Don't fall victim to the dark side!! LOL

Calm down, take a breath... I think your plans are great and the dessert party issue has been going on for months... stop looking at the computer :surfweb:

EDIT: what does your son think about the sleigh ride?

I agree! I've done CP before, so I hope it's someone that doesn't suck!!

See, this was my reasoning for not doing it. I've seen regular Wishes and Hallowishes from Tomorrowland Terrace...and while you do get a good view of Tink, it's not the best view overall because it's not straight on. For me that was the deal breaker for not doing the party, as well as the not so great dessert reviews. :confused3

They hold the event because it's Disney and they know people will pay for it, even if it's subpar. :hyper:Most people just don't know that there's something better. But for a large group like yours, it's probably worth it to have a guaranteed spot. ::yes::

Oh yay! Sending a PM now!

Don't do it!! Don't fall victim to the dark side!! LOL
:rotfl: No I'm not... I need to fix my first MK day and my full day at EPCOT anyway, I'll concentrate on thatpopcorn::

Just breathe.... it'll be great no matter what you end up doing! Unless you try to do too much... then it might not be so great. ;)
yeah I'm thinking maybe things happen for a reason and instead of being done with HDDR at 8:15 or so, hopping a bus or boat back to MK and then monorail or boat back to Poly and probably being there by 9-9:15 in plenty of time to grab a drink at the Tiki Terrace in a souvenir glass on the way back to the room, get back to room, start to pack, get in jammies, and be sitting outside on our balcony in time for the 10-10:15 holiday wishes I'd be frantically trying to get back after the sleigh ride and maybe catching the fireworks on the beach and then frantically packing before an early departure the next day to fit in my Boma ADR. I think it is just a step too far. maybe next time? lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter