16 nights of Summer fun - Live Trip Report

I think I have put weight on just looking at those pictures! Always good to know different places to try :-)

Another good report. Your thread title is definitely living up to its name :thumbsup2

Hilton Garden Inn looks good - I'm often on the look-out for places to stay for 1 or 2 nights before checking into OKW.

Great food pics! Can't wait for our upcoming trip. You look like your having a wonderful time, how's the weather been treating you? :)

1999-Swan, 2001- Grand Floridian, 2002-Yacht & Beach Club, 2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge,2004- Grand Floridian&Disney Cruise,2006- Off site, 2008- Dolphin, 2009-AKV Kidani, 2010-Saratoga Springs ,2011-AKV Kidani ,2012 - Port Orleans, DCL-Dream & Beach Club, 2013 - AKV Kidani

Great food pics! Can't wait for our upcoming trip. You look like your having a wonderful time, how's the weather been treating you? :)

Typical July weather, nice in mornings, stormy in afternoons. A few torrential downpours but not got too wet, managed to dodge the worst.

First pic is the car we have.
Tuesday was in AK, Started as we always do on the safari, had FP+ for 10:20-11:20 but it was walk on anyway. Good timing for the Lion King show in its new theatre at 11am. On the way I saw and took some photos of a bird (anyone know what? Kestrel?)
Lunch in Restaurantosaurus then FP+ for Dinosaur, this time Matt took a Selfie for the cam.
Watched Nemo show, did Everest a couple of times doing single riders then used our final FP+ on Primeval Whirl.

Evening meal we went out to the Texas Roadhouse, as good as ever, Matt had Ribeye in his Combo which was so good. Then called at Walmart for a few supplies for Wednesday on the road, their inhouse baked doughnuts are as good as any I know. Also saw a good display of boxes in shapes of Mickey and Donald.

Loving the thread and pics

We also rate the Walmart doughnuts and chomp our way through lots of them - looks like they've changed the packaging from those big flat boxes

Loving the thread and pics

We also rate the Walmart doughnuts and chomp our way through lots of them - looks like they've changed the packaging from those big flat boxes

Matt wanted the doughnuts but wasn't happy the expiry date was 10th July and 13 in the box.
He gets his latest Uni results at 5am on the 10th (tomorrow)

He is quite superstitious about the number 13 when its anything to do with exams (he once sat one on Friday 13th at 13:00 :rotfl2:)

Loving reading along. Looks like you had a lovely 4th of July, we'll be there next year for it and have written down Taveres as a possibility! Harambe Nights looked excellent, a bit expensive for an event but sounds worth it especially as The Lion King is a special one for you. I burst out laughing at Matts selfie on Dinosaur, genius!

First of all, well done Matt. That is a great achievement, congratulations.

Secondly, yes Wayne, that was a kestrel, but it is a little different to a British one, so I had to check some images. Well spotted.

Pam

Congratulations to Matt - you must be very proud Wayne! Here's to a similarly positive 3rd year.

Lovely photos over the last few days - the safari ones are fabulous!

Loving seeing all the food too - I can never see enough food photos :rotfl2:!

Thanks for sharing them.

Wednesday we set of with the intention of spending some time around St Pete's beach then the afternoon in Tarpon Springs.
Over the years we have had a few trips to Clearwater which we have enjoyed, after seeing lots prefer St Pete's we thought we would have a look. We got there and drove around for about 30 mins but not sure why anyone goes there, we saw the beach with hundreds of parking spaces but only about 10 cars there, lots of hotels and a few shops. Unless we missed something I don't know. Decided to drive up to Clearwater instead but see what we could find on the way. We came across a great place called John's Pass http://www.johnspass.com/ As soon as we walked onto the Boardwalk I saw a dolphin swimming past. Spent a while there looking around before we hit the road, saw a Sonny's BBQ so decided to lunch there, as good as before.
Last stop of the day was Tarpon Springs, a Greek sponge diving community http://www.ctsfl.us/ Found a Geocache while there which was hidden inside a plastic frog. Bought a sponge which was supposed to be the best quality you can buy. its a really nice place to walk around for a couple of hours. Looks quite a good place to stay if you like a drink, all the bars had either $1.50/pint draft beer signs or happy hour all day etc.
Drove back and filled the car up with gas on the way, done just under 600 miles so far.
Evening meal was at Chili's, All had a great meal as usual.

Sounds like a fabulous day. It's always nice to travel a bit further afield, discover that there is more to Florida than the parks! Must admit, I am surprised at the sponge - I always thought you weren't allowed to bring sponges and sea-life type stuff back to the UK. Or are sponges OK? :confused3 Have always refrained from buying anything like that before as I wasn't sure.

We used to love St. Pete's Beach back in the late 80's/early 90's but it has gone downhill in the meantime, and the last couple of times we have stayed along that bit of coast it has been at Madeira Beach, which is literally just north of John's Pass - last time we were there we had a very nice dolphin watching boat trip in the bay. Ate at Bubba Gump's - a bit touristy but the kids enjoyed it and I found the food pretty reasonable - especially if you like fried shrimp...

Wednesday we set of with the intention of spending some time around St Pete's beach then the afternoon in Tarpon Springs.
Over the years we have had a few trips to Clearwater which we have enjoyed, after seeing lots prefer St Pete's we thought we would have a look. We got there and drove around for about 30 mins but not sure why anyone goes there, we saw the beach with hundreds of parking spaces but only about 10 cars there, lots of hotels and a few shops. Unless we missed something I don't know. Decided to drive up to Clearwater instead but see what we could find on the way. We came across a great place called John's Pass http://www.johnspass.com/ As soon as we walked onto the Boardwalk I saw a dolphin swimming past. Spent a while there looking around before we hit the road, saw a Sonny's BBQ so decided to lunch there, as good as before.

We are staying in St Petes beach for 4 nights at the Tradewinds Hotel. was originally going to be 7 but changed to 4 and spending an extra 3 at our favourite Bonnet Creek. We just fancied a few days at the beach to relax but knew we might get bored so chose a hotel that looks like theres a lot going on. I am really worried my husband wont like it now! Definitely going to Johns Pass as read lots of good reports. The rest of the time just relaxing and going to the nice bars, restaurants along the front.

Are you going to Universal on this trip and new Harry Potter ride. Cant believe people are queuing over 5 hours. My husband would divorce me if I made him stand in a queue for a ride for that long :rotfl2:

Or are sponges OK? :confused3
Bought from a legitimate seller in US and freely available in the UK I don't see a problem, nothing on Customs site, only coral.

We are staying in St Petes beach for 4 nights at the Tradewinds Hotel. was originally going to be 7 but changed to 4 and spending an extra 3 at our favourite Bonnet Creek. We just fancied a few days at the beach to relax but knew we might get bored so chose a hotel that looks like theres a lot going on. I am really worried my husband wont like it now! Definitely going to Johns Pass as read lots of good reports. The rest of the time just relaxing and going to the nice bars, restaurants along the front.

Are you going to Universal on this trip and new Harry Potter ride. Cant believe people are queuing over 5 hours. My husband would divorce me if I made him stand in a queue for a ride for that long :rotfl2:

Maybe there is more to St Pete's than we saw. Even Clearwater where we enjoy 7 nights was too long the first time we visited, a couple of nights would be enough for us at the coast.
Not doing Universal, Matt is trying to get some press tickets for Sept, although that will only be 2 tickets, I will be more than happy to do something else while they go in and see it, no ride in the world will see me line up more than 20 mins.

Thursday, started off shopping at Vineland Outlet, I got some trainers from Reebok, buy one get a 2nd pair for $9.95 so 2 pairs for $60, Matt got some from Nike plus a couple of shirts, we also bought some wine glasses from the Disney outlet.
Called at Sweet Tomatoes for lunch, I had a BOGOF voucher so only cost $28 for 3 of us. Ate so much I couldn't eat an evening meal (Karen & Matt ate in Sunshine seasons)
After some pool time we went into EPCOT for the evening, as we arrived a storm arrived at the same time, crazy rain all evening, we decided to just go for it and get wet. I don't think there was a dry patch on us by the end of the evening, soaked to the skin. Unfortunately the main reason we went in for was the Bee Gees sounds like summer band, they played 3 songs and had to stop, they were very good though so trying to get back on Saturday to see them again, around 4-5 hours in torrential rain was fun though.
There are new drinks in Club Cool and still some World cup displays around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter