12/16/06 10-day holiday cruise Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAY ALL
just stopped in. SORRY its STACEYS FRIENDS SHARONS sister past away this morning,
she is on the wonder for the 11 day mom's only cruise with the group.

She got the call about 2 pm they are trying to get her a flight to phenix,

WOW

gaRRy

wow things are so hectic...i need to pm people who apparently missed my huge memo in my siggy

KSDTink said:
Hey, has anyone heard from Sue (dobelover) lately???? I haven't seen her around and she hasn't responded to my pm about the stockings. I am worried that something might have happened to either her or her mother. :confused3

And has anyone heard any word from Heidi or Holly what their status is? Inquiring minds want to know! :joker:
*sigh* I was waiting for a more positive answer to post. But the outlook doesn't look so good. My parents sent an e-mail and got some kind of bogus reply but I guess the coach said he'd talk to Hayley. Ultimately it came down to that it was Hayley's decision. The last I heard from Holly was that Hayley had said just go without her. I think Holly may have said something about we were considering going without her, but I highly doubt that would ever be something we would do. An option that was proposed as an alternative to the cruise was us going to Atlantis (on Nassau) at the end of December. I'm not 100% sure what the final decision is, but I think it's very close to a no cruise for us. :guilty: :sad2:

And I was so looking forward to horseback riding on St. Lucia. :(

KSDTink said:
Speaking of stockings....

I haven't heard from the following about preference in characters on their stockings:

HAPPY-AT-DISNEY
Dobelover
Juletime
Palatkacruisers
Nejthelion
windermerejudy
The Land and Sea Guy
Xmjackson
Belle63
J&Bdisney
mickg7dyd

If your name is on the list and you are still sailing with us and would like to have a stocking to hang on the fish outside your door please let me know which of the following characters you would like:

Hercules
7 Dwarves
Lady and the Tramp
Eeyore

(I just got two Eeyore ones as I was starting to run short so they were not on earlier listings, sorry). They are on a first come, first served basis so please let me know soon!

Thanks!!!!!

Kat, Dobelover had to cancel the cruise. She sent me a message a while ago to tell me she and her Mom had to pull out of the Palo Brunch Room meet.
ETA: They did not have to cancel for health reasons. Last I spoke with her, they were both doing fine.

Can't speak for the rest of the crowd you have listed though :confused3 .

Come on guys...chime on in and grab a stocking so you can hang them on your fish-mail hook and get all kinds of special surprises from your fellow DISers throughout the cruise :teeth: .

Hey, are you making a list of what cabins/DISers will have stockings hanging? That is something that the kids would get a kick out of doing....going around and putting special things in the stockings on their parent's request, of course. They can be like our errand girls/boys :thumbsup2

Kat, are we still using the cable ties to secure them to the fish hook. If so, I would be happy to keep an eye for them. You can usually find them cheap at the dollar stores around here.

PirateCutie05 said:

*sigh* I was waiting for a more positive answer to post. But the outlook doesn't look so good. My parents sent an e-mail and got some kind of bogus reply but I guess the coach said he'd talk to Hayley. Ultimately it came down to that it was Hayley's decision. The last I heard from Holly was that Hayley had said just go without her. I think Holly may have said something about we were considering going without her, but I highly doubt that would ever be something we would do. An option that was proposed as an alternative to the cruise was us going to Atlantis (on Nassau) at the end of December. I'm not 100% sure what the final decision is, but I think it's very close to a no cruise for us. :guilty: :sad2:

we are so sorry to see you go if that is indeed the case...

SUE IS NOT COMING?! WHAT?!!! AH!! another name on my list bites the dust

PirateCutie05 said:

Total Bummer, Heidi. I will still send some Pixie Dust your way in hoping that somehow things work themselves out for your family.

When do you have to decide by....I forget when final payment is due.

DCLgodess said:
we are so sorry to see you go if that is indeed the case...
Yes it will be very sad. And it's not like it's in her coach's hands anymore. It's her choice right now, and she's saying go without her. Holly said that she is trying to see where swimming will take her this year. But sadly since she's a senior it can't really take her anywhere.
I guess the last day to cancel is October 2 so I will let you guys know the final decision then.

magiroux said:
Total Bummer, Heidi. I will still send some Pixie Dust your way in hoping that somehow things work themselves out for your family.

When do you have to decide by....I forget when final payment is due.
Thanks Mary Ann. I am trying to stay very optimistic about it.
October 2nd is the deadline.

wdwgoose said:
HAY ALL
just stopped in. WVMD his wife francis sister past away this morning,

She got the call about 2 pm they are trying to get her a flight to phinix,

WOW

gaRRy

WOW is right gaRRry...That is very sad. I met Francis only very briefly last cruise. She is a very nice lady. What happened???

I'm waiting for the wonder to sail by.

She was only 53 something just happened
she was at her cabin last weekend and got a some leg, they had test set to run on her nexted week.

by the way SuE and them are on the 11 day wonder cruise too.

gaRRy

Oh dear gaRry! That's not good at all. Our thoughts go out to them...

jEn, I'm going to email you about diving. We were actually thinking of diving in Antigua since the waters there were so georgeous the last time we went. Any chance your mom would be interested? If so, we would also dive Key West.

I'm thinking that the answer Kat got from DCL onthe diving is probably more acurate than what you go Jen. But those mixed responses are also classic for DCL...Don't give up yet!

Bummer that Sue isn't going any longer!

tink&cinderella said:
Hi again

This is a bit off the beatin path - but I thought I would ask for some advice.

Does anyone know where to get some Disney items - small in size to fit into a small stocking?? I run a Charity event here as a volunteer on December 2, 2006 for underpriviledged children who come to a "breakfast with Santa" - It's about a 2 hour drive for me to Buffalo so I could go and pick up stuff at the stores there. Last year I had 148 children and their parent/caregivers come for breakfast, each recieved a gift, colouring book etc. As everything is based on donations I need to keep the costs very minimal. I would like to make peronalized stockings for each child with some small treats in it which they would get upon sitting down at the table.

I have a Santa to give out gifts and Belle is coming to sign autographs and sing. So before the Cruise I still have to wrap all those gifts and organize the event. The look on these children's faces are priceless and really brings the spirit of Christmas home to me.

I know that I'll be running around like a crazy person just prior to this, and going on our trip will be a well deserved break.

I was also going to ask the person who is making the stockings for the cruise if there is a pattern that she uses or can point me into the right direction in finding one.

Thanks for any information and sorry for asking an unrelated question on this forum.
Denise

Denise, I don't know how set you are on them being Disney items, but when I do stuff like this I start by cold calling area busineses that may be able to donate...Walmarts, Targets and stores like that. All the big ones have community relations depts. and most time it is just a matter of filling out paperwork on your charity for their accounting/inventory records. I am amazed how much is available for donation just for the asking from these big stores. Since they go for the community relations aspect, I would start where your charity is being held.

Also, I would think that Oriental Trading should have the stockings you describe at a very reasonable price.

Post on the "budget board" requesting a "free shipping" code when you are close to ordering. They usually always have one out there.

Wow - you guys were busy last night. I have updated the yahoo site with what people are doing. We have a few more days before we can book. Keep your fingers crossed that we can snag the am Brig too.

karaeric said:
jEn, I'm going to email you about diving. We were actually thinking of diving in Antigua since the waters there were so georgeous the last time we went. Any chance your mom would be interested? If so, we would also dive Key West.

yeah if you can get someone in Antigua to answer you we'd love to come...we've been trying for 3 months for a response..lol... Send the info for Key West...its a 1 pm dive with Captain's Corner...the more poeple we have...the more personal the experience

wdwgoose said:
HAY ALL
just stopped in. WVMD his wife francis sister past away this morning,

She got the call about 2 pm they are trying to get her a flight to phinix,

WOW

gaRRy

Oh no, GaRy, that's so sad!!!! I hope Frances doesn't have to deal with flight hassles on top of that.

Wow, that's just horrible! And only 53...

i am taking it you all know the person who garry is reffering to

well we met garry during the lifeboat drill so i wasn't a DIS member yet.

magiroux said:
Kat, are we still using the cable ties to secure them to the fish hook. If so, I would be happy to keep an eye for them. You can usually find them cheap at the dollar stores around here.

Hi again

No need to buy the cable ties - DH can get tons at work. The choice is clear/white ones or black ones either from 4 inches to a foot long. Just let me know how many you need and which colour and length you think would be best and we would be happy to supply the cable ties.

Also can someone closer to the date of the sailing or after October 2, 2006 please post the approximate number of cabins and/or individulals that are in the cabins so that we can pack the appropriate number of "treats" and/or special items for the trip.

Thank you to all of you with the great suggestions for my Charity Event in December. I will be sure to check them out.

Denise

OKAY ALL I MADE A BAD MISTAKE I AM SO SORRY

IT IS STACEYS FRIEND SHARONS SISTER THIS HAPPENED TOO

I misunderstood on the cell phone what I was getting told

AGAIN I AM SO SORRY I USED THE WRONG NAME

STACEYS friend going on the cruise with them ITS HER SISTER

I feel really bad to have made this mistake.

but other than the soreness in her leg she was very healthy.

gaRRy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter