12/09/06 Cruise Continued ~ Pirating Bananas DIS Geekorama Part 2 Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
3.gif

bubbasmom99 said:
We had horrendous winds here today. Our freestanding canopy in our backyard flew across the yard, (probably tumbled over and over) and wound up next to the fence (about 40 feet away)... knocking over everything in its path, and shattering the glass top patio table. I guess we should be lucky it didn't flip over the fence into the neighbor's yard.

That canopy was over $300 and we've only had it since August :( It's all bent up now. It gets windy sometimes but it's never been bad enough to blow stuff like this around, ugh.

Wind? Glass table? Been there, done that.

We came home one afternoon after a high wind day (was it Isabel?) and found that our glass patio table (with umbrella) was dragged across the deck, slammed up against the deck railing, the umbrella flipped upward and destroyed, and the glass part of the table was obliterated into thousands of shards that flew to the ground, 10 feet below into the grass. I spent an hour trying to pick up the pieces and then said forget it....invested in a shop vacuum at Home Depot which helped a great deal. I bet I looked funny in the yard vacuuming the grass.... :rolleyes1

pyramid2000 said:
:lmao:
Go ahead, run, run, as fast as you can! I'll just stroll over an hour or so later and ask one of you fine, nice, generous people if I can have a sit in one of those there hammocks! :thumbsup2

Hope you like sitting in the sand...bring your sand toys. :p

Castaway Cay, Take what you can....

klineyqueen said:
I feel as though I wasted my brain watching that pathetic movie. I think the only people on earth that would find it to be a good movie are 13 year old boys! My DH and I both thought it was totally useless. I gave up valuable Dis time for that!!!!

I think the only reason I watched it at all was the guy from Napolean Dynamite was in it....<gosh>.

klineyqueen said:
Personally I would be picking the Outback over goulash...but hey...that is just me!
eat.gif

Umm...yeah. Queensland Chicken and Shrimp with a starter course of Cheese Fries. Washed down with a Yngling Lager....

When I used to travel for work, we would book our hotels and flights and stuff and always find the closest Outback to our hotel...it was our official restaurant for all out of town travel. :rolleyes1

klineyqueen said:
Me too! I never get to see the youtube things. It bogs down my connection. It really is a shame!

Sounds like someone needs a CD of YouTubes Greastest hits for Xmas....

OK, people, what do you say....send links to good videos, etc and someone maybe the GoofyCrew, could burn a CD for the Dialup-ers...

becka said:
Who puts BAKED BEANS on a baked potato? :eek: That just sounds like one of the worst food combinations ever! For that matter cottage cheese doesn't sound too good either. :sad2:

Actually refried beans (the low fat ones) sounds like a tasty idea.... Hmmm i may have to try that....... But cottage cheese Yuck....

goofyforlife said:
Actually refried beans (the low fat ones) sounds like a tasty idea.... Hmmm i may have to try that....... But cottage cheese Yuck....

She said Baked Beans, not refried beans. Beans are not beans. I know beans. How about Limas? Would you put Limas on a potato, would ya? would ya? ..yeah, didn't think so. :p

Beans, beans, the magical fruit...

becka said:

Let's see now. Angie lives in Oregon and I really liked the NW went I lived there. She does not have preschoolers roaming around her house so I am betting it is quiet. She cooks and I bet she would even understand my DIS addiction. I'm THERE!!!! :thumbsup2

Off to misbehave some more so I can get sent to Angie's!!! :yay:

Lots to catch up on....

...so Angie's inviting us all to Oregon.

lbgraves said:
Yes, he called at 7:45 am Monday to tell me that he had to go to MD that afternoon for the week. If things didn't start hitting the fan it would be better. I tried calling him. He will be home Friday night but we wont be able to discuss anything until Saturday. I am praying that the kids don't get suspended tomorrow...that will only make it worse. Yesturday when they were fighting with my friend's DS they were on school grounds. A talk DS had today with the counselor about other things brought that "disagreement" up. I never thought that it could affect them all that way since it wasn't during school. I am praying that nothing else is done about it. :(

Wow - Lisa. What's happening?!! Hope all is okay. Do you mean that fight might get them suspended?

pyramid2000 said:
Go ahead, run, run, as fast as you can! I'll just stroll over an hour or so later and ask one of you fine, nice, generous people if I can have a sit in one of those there hammocks! :thumbsup2
We will be happy to share with our DIS friends! :sunny:

GoofyforGoofy said:
She said Baked Beans, not refried beans. Beans are not beans. I know beans. How about Limas? Would you put Limas on a potato, would ya? would ya? ..yeah, didn't think so. :p

Beans, beans, the magical fruit...
EEEWWWW! NO! No lima beans on potatoes!

pjpoohbear said:
I Got My Dme Tags Tonight, Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
famous21.gif

Pj

Speaking of receiving things ..... shouldn't we be getting our docs soon? Whoever gets theirs first had better yell. I know that I will! :Pinkbounc :woohoo: :cloud9:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter