12/09/06 Cruise Continued ~ Pirating Bananas DIS Geekorama Part 2 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey y'all! Remember my cousin who is Miss Utah USA? She is in the Miss USA pagent on the 23rd. Here is a link to her contestant page on the Miss USA site. She looks great!!! I so hope she wins!!!!

http://www.missusa.com/delegates/2007/files/UT.html

I know you all have states to route for, but she is sooo nice!!!!

kim

We will be routing for her here. :) She is beautiful! and a fellow geek relative...does she know that? ;)

I was pretty upset about it, I mean, I filled out my application online putting in my availability. Obviously they did not look before they called me. I called HR this morning and spoke with a rep that actually used to work here, she seems to think it isn't an issue and going to have the head guy call me back.

Not sure why it bugs me so....:confused3

It is because you took time out of your day to go meet the person & he didn't even give you the courtesy of reading your app before you got there. :mad:

She is so nice I swear you wouldn't! She spent 2 1/2 hours at Savannahs school signing autographs and letting the little girls try on her crown. She really is down to earth. You wouldn't think it, but she is!

How cool! :) Kaitlyn wants to see a picture of Savannah wearing the crown. :goodvibes

I know my place Brack.

How are things over there at the EB thread?

We have a new saying over at the WB, we are "in Coventry" our friend from the UK says that means we are being politely ignored! Feeling no TF love over there.

John, do you guys realize why the TF hit the EB cruise thread? Trust me....you wouldn't want to be spammed & messed with by people to be tagged. It was more of a moral booster when lots of people were upset & considering cancelling the cruise.

I am glad to be home...but very tired. Being a peace keeper yesterday was exhausting! :( The time change just made it worst. The kids had a ball playing with their friends Saturday & Sunday. We took the early train from Fburg into DC Monday...Arlington, lunch at the A&S museum then DS, SIL, & I went to the National Gallery for 2 hours while DD, DH, BIL & his 2 DSs did the A&SM. We walked down the mall to the WM & the WW2 memorial before returning to the train station. Rode home on a train that lost lights so they handed out light sticks to the kids. OY! Tuesday was another early day. It was good to see some family but I ended up being the one pushing people to behave...then take group pictures with all the GKs & GGKs after the service. I am really glad to be home.

I haven't gone to see the monster thread yet. OY!!! Kids have homework & classwork to catch up on. UGH!

OK, get this...today on the noon news report I heard something that sent my BP up. The legislature is considering a new bill that would return the school calendar to the way it use to be...starting with the 2008-2009 school year. That totally screws us for either of the repos! :mad: Sorry but I have had it with politicians not considering how their decisions affect real lives. :headache:

No, we would not be able to do the May...for one no rooms at the moment...because they probably wouldn't make the decision until 11/07...only 6 months before the May repo. So....if that happens...I will withdraw the kids after they get out of school in 6/08 and sign up to homeschool them the next year...at least until we return from the cruise. I would then enroll them in school. I would start working with them in June to be sure that we would cover enough days for the 3 weeks we will be gone.

Rode home on a train that lost lights so they handed out light sticks to the kids. OY!

Aww come on Lisa...It could be worse....

Dh was in DC today...He got on the MARC train to come home at 5:30 at Union Station. (SHould've been about 1 hr - 1.5 hr trip)

Got to near Rockville. Bomb scare on Amtrak DC to Chicago train in front of them so they sat there for hours..... Turned out to be misplaced luggage or something like that..

It's almost 9:45 and he's still not home...

THis better be billable time.

OK....that one wins! The kids would have been horrible!!! We didn't eat before getting on the train & had no snacks. Any extra time would have been unbearable. :( I hope that Andy gets there soon!

Does this mean that the final four mess is over with now? I really hope so! Hate how the bb games interfere with the TV schedule.

Like Brack said - leeeeeet's get ready to ruuuuuuuumble!

We will be routing for her here. :) She is beautiful! and a fellow geek relative...does she know that? ;)

Now I have to go and buy a router?

(see Caroline, I don't just pick on you!)

John, do you guys realize why the TF hit the EB cruise thread? Trust me....you wouldn't want to be spammed & messed with by people to be tagged. It was more of a moral booster when lots of people were upset & considering cancelling the cruise.

I know, but they don't, and I thought better of trying to explain all of that. They just think the TF likes you guys better, and I felt it better to leave it at that.

Nope, no need for nasty spam on the WB thank you!

So sorry to hear about the school mess too Lisa! Wish I could say or do more!

Oh, and BTW, was at our HS Basketball game, and we won 45-34.

We are now officially part of the Elite Eight!

Now I have to go and buy a router?

(see Caroline, I don't just pick on you!)

See...that looked better to me than rooter. How about just saying that we will cross our fingers for her. YUP! I think that I spelled all of that right. ;)

Actually, from what I hear...we are very lucky to have been given a voice to make changes at the school. It is interesting getting even more info from the inside while making these changes.

The board is moving at a snail's pace tonight

NOT paying attention, that's where!

Playing on the WB thread and giving you an easy pirate: Brack!

DARN!

Not like old times.

I was waiting for more people to post last night...didn't want to have 10 posts of nothing in a row. ;)

Busy morning here...groceries, Target, laundry, Goal Action Team meeting...and I had better put something in the crock pot before I go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter