12/09/06 Cruise Continued ~ Pirating Bananas DIS Geekorama Part 2 Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
lbgraves said:
Today when I returned the DVD player I picked up Twister & Cadoo. IDK if I will save them for Christmas or take one out for us to play this weekend.

DIS Geeks playing twister in the atrium at midnight . . .

Anyone game?

John1

Jhalkias said:
DIS Geeks playing twister in the atrium at midnight . . .

Anyone game?

John1

It would be fun ...... until I dislocate my hip! :rotfl2:

bubbasmom99 said:
Hi everyone. Ernie hadn't really moved since Wednesday, except when we forced him to stand up and go outside. I don't think he was eating either. We decided to take him to the vet this morning. We also decided to bring the kids with us to say goodbye. I told them that the vet was going to send him away so he could feel better (not a lie, right?) but Nick (7 1/2) was a little too smart for that story -- he's really very empathetic -- and started crying when we told him it was time to say goodbye. Which then set me off. I was just fine up until that point. He's still a little sad -- he said "it's hard to say goodbye to an old friend." Ugh. But I think he'll be okay and I felt it was important that we didn't rob the kids of a chance to say goodbye. I think, in a few years, they would have been sad that they didn't get the chance to, otherwise. Sarah doesn't really understand -- she just knows that Ernie was sick and he's gone away. Nick hasn't said the words but I think he knows he's gone. DH and I have made our peace. We went to the gym to workout afterward and I spent a good half hour just sweating it out. I know it was the right thing to do... Ernie had been sleeping on his paws so much the last few days that he was surely going to lose them to gangrene or something. Anyway, thanks for all the well wishes and hugs -- I really appreciate them! I joked to DH that I needed a canine grief counselor, and he said "do you really?" and I said "no, I've got friends on the DIS for that". He said to go ahead and post away!

Ernie.jpg

:grouphug: Brought tears to my eyes Joy . . .

Take care.

John

5.gif

14 days on deck 9 ..... be there or be square

elaineteresa said:
I was going to ask everyone a favor since the topic has come up.

DMIL - Ken's Mom will be with us on the trip - she is 85. She will be celebrating Hanukkah and since I know there will be an abundance of xmas related things going on - I am sure she would appreciate anyone remembering to wish her a Happy Hanukkah. Hanukkah begins on friday evening, Dec. 15th - the last night of dinner - we have late dining.

You can't miss his mom she is 4'11" - very tiny. and as I said 85. ;) Her name is Martha.

The other thing is that she doesn't see very well so even if she has met you before she will not be able to recognize you unless you are very close. As with most people her age - her hearing is not that great either. Please don't be offended - just introduce yourself again. If you see her and she appears to be lost - she probably is - LOL. Just point her to deck 5.

Other than that she is pretty spry and loves meeting new people, parties, fun, the pool etc.

thanks all.

elaine

Elaine,

I hope I get a chance to meet Ken's mom. Several of our friends are Jewish, and the company I work for is owned by a Jewish family. I would love to wish her happy Hanukkah.

John1

Does the amount of luggage you pack stress anyone else out? I just can't pack "light" for a 10 day trip, especially when I have to pack formal wear, semi formal wear, cruise casual, beach attire and shoes for all of the above... oh and pirate costumes. :crazy: I'm about 90% packed but it just seems like it's going to be such a pain hauling all this luggage from the airport to car, car to port, etc. :faint:

1.gif

that we have just 14 days! After almost two years that sounds so soon now.

tynkerbell said:
Does the amount of luggage you pack stress anyone else out? I just can't pack "light" for a 10 day trip, especially when I have to pack formal wear, semi formal wear, cruise casual, beach attire and shoes for all of the above... oh and pirate costumes. :crazy: I'm about 90% packed but it just seems like it's going to be such a pain hauling all this luggage from the airport to car, car to port, etc. :faint:
yes!! :crazy:

1.gif

We haven't talked about this since Halloween

dh chrisva said:
BOO HOKIES!!!!!

GO GATORS!!!!!

GO Orange!!!!!
13.gif
:cool1: :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

All wondering for who gets to play the #1, undefeated team in the Nation, the Buckeyes!

Go Bucks!

football_th.jpg

John1

MrsMork said:
Safeway gave me a card for five free Itunes downloads. DrHug is getting some Bobby Darrin with it. :thumbsup2 And he said he has gotten five and it is telling him he still has one more. Six free, he's happy. :sunny:

Our newest iPod addicts! :thumbsup2

John1

the answer is that they do not have the summer stuff out all year long Caroline. when I forgot my bathing suit in Jan. at WDW everything was gone and I was hard pressed to find one bathing suit in the stores. I mean they act like Jan. is cold when it is really almost 80 every day.

1.gif

deck 9 on the Magic 12/9/06. Have I said this before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter