12/09/06 Cruise Continued ~ Pirating Bananas DIS Geekorama Part 2 Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
lbgraves said:
Caroline, why don't you call DCL & explain the situation to them. It wont be about your reservation so you should be able to talk to them. I am guessing that with it being a deployed member of the military they would allow them to move their reservation to a different date if they needed to. I am hoping that companies are giving a little more leway to members of the military who are at war since they have no control over when they can come home. I would also call the travel insurance company to see if that would qualify. If his current orders say that he will be home & his orders change, that may be covered. I would get it from someone who knows what they are talking about there though...maybe a supervisor.

Good idea Lisa. I do have to call DCL anyway to see if they lowered my Repo balance from the lowered port charges. I just got an e-mail from DU for their quote, so I will go check that out now.

Hmmmm, the quote is a little more than I thought, but still good. $1,578.24, CAT 11, 2 adults, one 1 YO.

klineyqueen said:
Whoa...did I miss something? Are you saying that your DD got sick after eating a powdered donut at the party???? If so...I may have to scratch that idea!

NO! It was a tummy bug that was going around that's all.

klineyqueen said:
Did anyone see Dancing Wednesday night? I got home from choir in time to see that Jerry got kicked off. I was glad. The others are far better dancers.

dance.gif

Yes, that was a pretty good week to watch. :) I think that Jerry tried as much as he could...unlike that Diddly person last year. OY BOY!

brack said:
Speaking of receiving things ..... shouldn't we be getting our docs soon? Whoever gets theirs first had better yell. I know that I will! :Pinkbounc :woohoo: :cloud9:

:rotfl: I wont be seeing our docs before 12/2/06. We never get them earlier than a week before the cruise.

MrsMork said:
Just this grandma's opinion, but I think we have gone WAY to far with the "no tolerance" c**p. Kids are going to be kids, there are going to be squabbles and occasionally a push or a shove. They get consequences for that and learn proper behavior, but suspending from school at the drop of a hat is obsurd. IMHO.
One of DG's friends was attacked by another kid (this is HS, NOT elementary) and refused to defend himself because he knew he would get suspended if he "fought". He took several punches because he is a very good student and good kid and did not want to risk having a suspension on his record. He was able to get hold of the kid's hands and hold him after a few punches, and they were even threatening to suspend him for THAT!! Now you got me going!

You can get suspended for even being involved but not throwing any punches. Somehow that really bothers me because a kid could get beat up & suspended...like in the case you gave, Angie. His dad was teasing him because he was "beat up by a first grade girl" and he is in 5th grade. She told me today that I don't have to worry about anyone messing with DD or trying to take her away. Her son has a bad bruise on his leg where she kicked him (she was wearing harder Church shoes since it was picture day.)

pyramid2000 said:
Maybe there is something I can slip into everyone's drink CC day that will make them "faint" like the goats on their sprint to the beach! He he :teeth:

You could keep them all up late at the chocolate buffet the night before? :rolleyes1

Just checking in on my lunch break real quick before I have to get back to testing. :sad:

All this food talk on the thread makes me so hungry. I am still trying so hard to be good...most of the time. ;) I have lost almost 8 pounds now and I would like to lose a few more in the next 6 weeks but I might have to attack a chicken pot pie (with crust :rotfl: ) soon!

I did discover another Lean Cuisine that is pretty tasty. I had the Sesame Chicken one today and I really liked it. And it was only 7 points! :yay:

I hope everyone has a great afternoon! :wave:

pyramid2000 said:
You bring up a very good point! What is the victim supposed to do?? Heck, it sounded like Kaitlyn was trying her best to protect her brother!

OK, after a couple days of talking to all four kids we think that we have pieced it together. Her DS said let's wrestle and they started to roughhouse. Totally normal for 5th grade boys. My kids do not know how to "play fight" and when he pushed DS too hard & he fell down DD kicked him in the leg. Somehow my kids started fighting each other & he tried to break them up by wrapping his arms around their shoulders...which ended up being their necks. DS twisted around alot which caused his neck to get red marks on it and then he ran into the school to get us. DD kicked him again because now he was trying to hold her still and didn't like it. That really hurt & made him mad, which is when I ran outside & saw him pinning her down on the ground.

I have talked to both kids about the fact that they could have gotten suspended & still might. I also went over what else they could have done at each step.

GoofyforGoofy said:
Umm...yeah. Queensland Chicken and Shrimp with a starter course of Cheese Fries. Washed down with a Yngling Lager....

When I used to travel for work, we would book our hotels and flights and stuff and always find the closest Outback to our hotel...it was our official restaurant for all out of town travel. :rolleyes1
Do you mean Yuengling? "America's Oldest Brewery." The only reason they are the oldest is due to the fact that they are in the mountains and they never stopped producing during prohibition!!!!! That is about 10 min from my house...people seriously come from far and wide to tour it. I have never toured....I was in it but never "officially!!!!" I went once to take it but I had on sandals and you must have on regular shoes...who knew!

lbgraves said:
You could keep them all up late at the chocolate buffet the night before? :rolleyes1

That would be a site! Everyone sleeping in the stairwell with chocolate all over their mouths! :lmao:

MrsMork said:
Angie's just so nice! :teeth: I don't share with non DISers though. Some guy walked past the hammock I was enjoying about 11 am one year and made some comment about people who get there early then don't let others use the hammock. I managed to open one eye and told him perhaps he should get out of bed earlier. :rolleyes:

:cheer2: :lmao: You know I have been thinking that we should stage a hammock battle. ;) Can you imagine what some people would think? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

MrsMork said:
I heard on the radio this morning that our local HS has the number one team in the state in water polo for BOTH the boys and girls teams! :cheer2: Go Newberg! :cheer2: We have not won one football game, but water polo and wrestling they are great! :cheer2:
I seriously can not name one school that has a water polo team in our area. I wonder if that is a western thing... :confused3

MrsMork said:
I'm just thinking he might get another wear or two from a suit - maybe Christmas, church, etc

Walmart has them for $35. :thumbsup2 They are nice quality fabric & DS looked really spiffy last year.

becka said:
Cruise fever is starting to infect the whole family except for Allie who really does not understand what is in store for her just yet. ;) Nathan keeps asking how many days and I love to see his reactions as he realizes that it won’t be too much longer before we are on the Mickey Boat again. His excitement is contagious. I did tell him about Samantha and Haley (Vanessa’s girls) and how we would be eating dinner with them on the Mickey Boat. I was able to show him the pictures on our website and that excited him even more. He loves that they have been to WDW and on the Mickey Boat before too – just like him. :yay:

We leave in exactly six weeks!!! I know several of you actually have even less time before you leave. I am going to be an absolute mess within a few more weeks. It still does not seem real a lot of the time.
This post just got me so excited!!!! I could jump up and down!!!
stretch.gif

Ok, I just checked the Florida resident rates on Allseasons and the price is comparable. I must have been thinking something else with the price. :rolleyes:

becka said:
Just checking in on my lunch break real quick before I have to get back to testing. :sad:

All this food talk on the thread makes me so hungry. I am still trying so hard to be good...most of the time. ;) I have lost almost 8 pounds now and I would like to lose a few more in the next 6 weeks but I might have to attack a chicken pot pie (with crust :rotfl: ) soon!

I did discover another Lean Cuisine that is pretty tasty. I had the Sesame Chicken one today and I really liked it. And it was only 7 points! :yay:

I hope everyone has a great afternoon! :wave:

I have given up. Between the meds & the stress I just can't worry about losing the 10 pounds that has shown up. I will be buying Spanx as well. :thumbsup2

klineyqueen said:
I seriously can not name one school that has a water polo team in our area. I wonder if that is a western thing... :confused3

My high school in south central PA had water polo (and this is a public high school). But not many other schools had teams; they had to compete against some schools pretty far away.

I have to get the girl's costumes together. We only have about a half an hour from when they get home to get ready before leaving for the GS party. Actually less than that since we have to stop and pick up the pizza. Oh, and I found a black and white striped sweater for Amanda yesterday at Fashion Bug. She can wear it later too.

MrsMork said:
Angie's just so nice! :teeth: I don't share with non DISers though. Some guy walked past the hammock I was enjoying about 11 am one year and made some comment about people who get there early then don't let others use the hammock. I managed to open one eye and told him perhaps he should get out of bed earlier. :rolleyes:
Here Here!!!! Now that is the spirit! If you want it....get up and get it!!!

We went to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade in NYC 2 years ago. Jason and I got up at 3 am and left our hotel room. We walked 1 block to times square. We got curb side spots. We waited HOURS for the parade to start. We had several people try to push in front of us. :furious: I don't think so!!! It was funny there was a wave of people from about 3 - 3:45. We all got curb side. Then at about 6 am everyone else started to pour in. There was NO WAY they were going to push me out of the way!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter