11 yr old-can she use the kids menu?

jenanderson

DIS Veteran
We are planning a trip to WDW next August and my DD will be 11 at the time. I know the way she eats - it will be from the kids menu. Is this allowed?

Another Dining Plan ethics delima...can we pay out of pocket for her kids meal at a counter service restaurant and save her adult CS credit for her father and I? I don't think this would really count as "stealing" since we will be paying the adult price and using the credit for an adult meal.

What about at a table service restaurant? Again, I know that she will not eat items off of most of the table service menus. If it is a buffet or she tries an adult meal, I know we will be charged the credit.

Has anyone every experienced this?

My brother is 12 so is considered an adult. He would prefer the food from the kids menu, so we will pay OOP for him for a childs meal and use his TS credits. We are using the extra credits to go to a Signature resturant.

Our DS(10) ate off the kids menu at all the TS restaruants. We would usually order him an adult appetizer and a kids meal. Then whichever dessert appealed to him. The only place that didn't want to cooperate was Whispering Canyon. The waiter had to talk to his manager but they finally let us order off the kids menu.

We have done this many times. My DS who was 17 on our last trip and 2 step grandchildren, 13 & 16 all ordered off the kids menu. The boys sometimes got 2 kids dinners. And we payed OOP for these.
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

My 11 year old also preferred the kid's menu, but in our case it worked out well, because my 4 year old hardly eats anything, so we used his kid's credit for her, ordered him something small OOP, and had the 11 year old's extra adult credits to treat our older daughter's boyfriend a couple of times. (He joined us for a couple of days, but wasn't on the reservation.) There were also a couple of times though that she used her adult credit, got an appetizer and dessert from the regular menu, but ordered her entree from the kid's menu. No problems with that either.
Laurie, DH David, DD 19, DD 16, DS 14, DD 11, DS 4

Your paying for the 11 year old as an adult so ethically using them for yourselves and paying OOP for her kids meals only makes sense. That's what we did last year withour 10 year old.

Okay, so at CS why would they make you use the DDP when you can just pay. So no worries there. And I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would give you a hard time ordering a kids meal with an adult credit.

"No, I'm sorry, you can't pay too much for that. That is a kids meal and you only have an adult credit. If you do that, we will owe you a little more food and we can't keep track of it"

Just doesn't make sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter