10/24/2009 - Bash on the Boat (I'm with B.O.B) - Thread # 30

What do we do after #30 ends?

• B.O.B. Thread #31

• An after B.O.B Thread

• Group on FB

Results are only viewable after voting.

GOS

Livin' for Disney holidays with great friends
This is Thread #30 of the BOB threads and our cruise starts this Saturday.

Welcome to the "I'm with B.O.B., are you?" Cruise Thread. This cruise has been dubbed the BOB cruise because there are so many cruisers who are celebrating something on board and because of this, it was originally called Bash On the Boat which eventually got shortened to B.O.B. There actually is no one named Bob on this cruise (our KK1 Bob is sadly not joining us this time) but I'm sure all the non-bobers on this cruise would love to be with Bob too :goodvibes

If you're new to our group, you're not alone. Several of us have sailed together before (on the 10/20/07 Western Cruise - a.k.a. Konked Kruisers) and several more are new. To indicate the ones new to the group, we have put an * infront of their DIS name.

Here is the link to Thread #1

Here is the link to Thread #2

Here is the link to Thread #3

Here is the link to Thread #4

Here is the link to Thread #5

Here is the link to Thread #6

Here is the link to Thread #7

Here is the link to Thread #8

Here is the link to Thread #9

Here is the link to Thread #10

Here is the link to Thread #11

Here is the link to Thread #12

Thread #13 was omitted to not inject once ounce of bad luck into this cruise!

Here is the link to Thread #14

Here is the link to Thread #15

Here is the link to Thread #16

Here is the link to Thread #17

Here is the link to Thread #18

Here is the link to Thread #19

Here is the link to Thread #20

Here is the link to Thread #21

Here is the link to Thread #22

Here is the link to Thread #23

Here is the link to Thread #24

Here is the link to Thread #25

Here is the link to Thread #26

Here is the link to Thread #27

Here is the link to Thread #28

Here is the link to Thread #29

The following is the same as the other first posts. For those of you new to our DIS Meet thread - WELCOME. There is plenty of good info in this post.

As usual, I'll be back here to update this post periodically. I will try to keep important information up here for all to reference as well as for all our new friends who come to cruise with us. If something of importance comes up, PM me and I will add the link.

We have dubbed this cruise "The Bash on the Boat" because so many people are celebrating birthdays or anniversaries on this cruise. You will also see "KK2" in the title. As you will read, many of us just sailed together on the 10/20/07 Western Cruise. So, with many of us returning here, we are dubbing this KK2. For those of you who didn't sail with us, please don't feel that you are not part of the group. We are a very open and welcoming/friendly bunch. We had such a great cruise last time, but feel it will be even better this time. Come along and enjoy the fun. We will get off-topic many times over the next 2 years, but it is a great way to get to know everyone.

First, here is the list of Characters:

*2Princes_&_1Princess = Brandee and Justin and their 3 kids. Florida.
A Fat English Gent = Chris and Hazel and their 3 kids. England.
*aquaholics = Alysoun and Russell DD 7 and DS 4. Arizona
B9erSteve = Steve and Laura. They will be traveling with their DS and DD. California.
*Brisully = Brian and his GF Sue. Chicago.
*captchris = Christian and Elaine and our DD 9 and DS 7. Connecticut. (also) Christian's parents and sister.
*CarrianneB = Carrianne and Rob with their 2 DS who will be 7 and 9. Wisconsin.
Cheryl N. WI = Cheryl and Al with their DD Rachel 15. Wisconsin.
*ciao_gina = Gina and Douglas with their DS who will be 7. California.
cntkg1 = Nancy G. and Chuck (a.k.a. Charlie Tuna). Wisconsin.
*danandnan = Dan and Nancy K. Maine
*Dee73 = Ron and Diane and their DS(10) and DD(8) and Diane's parents. Canada.
Disgrits = Paige and Rob. Virginia.
dizneycrazy4 = Janice and Mark with their DS(14) and DD(10). Wisconsin.
Dyerneeds/Tart Annihilator = Mike and Robin. Ohio.
*EPCOT_VA/Tinkerbell.RN = Matthew and Beth and their DD's who will be 10 and 12. Virginia.
*firefighter chris = Chris and Melissa and DD 8. Wisconsin
*Goofy4Ever = Lisa and Quincy and DS(14), DstepS(14). Wisconsin
goofyfreak = Lori and Scott with their 3 kids (also extended family). Virginia
GOS = Heather and Rick. England
*goslingl = Leisha and Tom from Kentucky
*gstroop28 = Angie and Dave and DD's (11 and 8-bday is sailaway). Virginia
*hockeychic = Kim and Mike and their DD who will be 17. Canada
*JENNANDJARYD = Jenn and her DS who will be 12. Colorado
JLDSMD = Jeff and his wife Suz and their DS who will be 9. Wisconsin
*JOANNEL = Joanne and Roger. Florida
Karen Mouse = Karen and Neil and their DS who will also be 9. England
*krazy4cruising = Jennifer and Ariel and DS (5) and DD (6 months). Toronto,Canada
*LeesyUD / DasBeast = Lisa and Dave. Pennsylvania
medicalman = Sean and Cath with their DD. England
*mickeyluv = Pam and Glen and their DD (12). North Carolina (traveling with Jill and Steve and their DD from England)
millerpjm = Jen and Pete with their DS who will be 6. Wisconsin
Morsel = Chris and Lynn. New York
*Nerbie Pie = Bernie and Sean and their kids Bailey and Gary. Calgary, Canada.
*NOKIDZ = Chris and Lori. Wasaga Beach, Ontario, Canada
Scouter = Rose traveling w/ her friend June (Bob is not coming ). New York
ST Cruisers = Tony and Stacy. Wisconsin.
*sunshinegirl = Tricia and Kevin and their kids Jillian (8) and Cassie (6). Indiana
Timon/Darkrobe = Cass and Rob and their DD Kira (2 at the time of sailing). Calgary, Canada
*tinkerbellmom1 = Sheri and Pat with their DS Dakota and DS Austin 15. Nevada
*tomspixie = Tiffany and Tom. Illinois
Walt & Di = Walt and Di (pretty easy to remember that one). Texas
*larleo = Leona and Larry, Kaylee (18) and Hannah (11) Texas.
*MrPink = Chris, Stacy, DD Rebecca
*QJ411 = Queenie & Dominick with DD3 - Central NJ
*JADA = Angie, Jeff, Dustin (14), Adrienne (11)
*KSFrogge = Angela, Tracy (DH), Chris (17), Rhiannon (10), Hagan (7) - Wichita, Kansas
*thegrays = Chaz (42), Teresa (40), Heather (14), Emily (9)

Friends of the Bash on the Boat--Friends that cannot join us this time around. You will all be missed!
arielhead = Tanya and DH with their DD (will be 14) and DS (will be 9). West Virginia.
CRSNDSNY = Melody and EB with their DD (4) and DS (2). Pennsylvania.
disney1990 = Libby and Skip. Maryland
DISNEYDUET = Shelley and Woody. Virginia.
minnieandmickey = Becky and Sean. California.
mohrt2 = Frank. Connecticut
njprincess = Kathy. New Jersey
Oybolshoi = Brenda and Jason. Missouri.
Team Fun Pants = Kristin and Jesse. Wisconsin.
tikimimi and tikimack--Mimi and Mack. Georgia
kdzgon = Laurie and Chuck and their DGS's (6 and 4). Florida

I will try to update that list as we go. If I forgot anyone or if you want different info posted, please PM me. I will NOT be putting room numbers up on this post.

A good place to start for planning this trip would be Cass' website. She has done a great job to organize almost everything you'll need for this cruise and posting here on the BOB board. Here is the link to Cass' site Cass B.O.B. Information Site

http://www.cassworld.ca/bobers.htm

Here are links to posts that we found important through this and the previous threads.

TRACKING YOUR DOCS
About 2 weeks before your cruise follow this UPS link.
http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/reference?loc=en_US

In the shipping reference put your cruise confirmation #. In the zip code put your zip or if you used a travel agent put their zip.

This will track your documents. It will give you up to date delivery information. If you used a travel agent it will be sent to them and they will have to get it to you. Most of the stuff that is in the pack you can do online ahead of time now.

IMPORTANT DATES
Online Reservations

SIGNATURE LINE LOGOS
Besides the logos you can find on Cass' site, here are the ones with the "Ship in the Bottle".

DIS TAG
As of August 13th, 2009, Dis Tag participation is CLOSED. In order to give everyone sufficient time to buy and prepare their Dis Tag gifts, we needed to have a cut off date and that date is now passed.

If you have any questions or concerns about Dis Tag, please PM Karen Mouse or millerpjm.

Dis Tag List

CLIP ART FOR DOOR MAGNETS
Door Magnet Clip Art

EXCURSIONS
St. Thomas and St. John DCL Excursions

Non Disney Excursions for St. Thomas and St. John

In case you're wondering how the points work for the Googley Eye Game (click here). For the final official post on the thread, click here.

In case anyone is wondering what the FO game we play here on the B.O.B. cruise meets thread, here is the explanation:
FO is a game (for lack of a better description) that was started on the Konked Kruiser thread that some of us belonged to for the October 07 cruise. The term FO was started by afeg.

Anyway, the game in a nutshell....if you post, and your post is the beginning of a page, then you try to get the second post on the page also. It means you have started a "Fresh One".

Now, this isn't always as easy as it seems - if there are multiple posters on at the same time, and someone else gets the second post, you don't get to "claim the FO". The 40 second rule between postings comes into play.

And finally here are two very handy links for your cruise...

DIS DCL FAQ
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2068966

List of DIS Tips
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2227769

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Tips and Tricks

Remember, you can gain entry to MK as early as 4pm on the day you are attending MNSSHP. Use the turnstyles to the very right-hand side
and don't forget to get your wristbands and TOT bags when you enter!

Here's some tips for those of you who have never gone....

-Get there as early as 4pm, use the entrance at the very far right. Make sure they give you your wrist band and trick-or-treat bag!

-Between 5pm and 7pm is the best time to do the rides as most people are leaving the park!

-If you think you will be there until the end of the party, do the second parade as it is less busy. During the first parade, do the rides as everyone is at the parade.

-If you are watching the first parade, make sure you claim your spot about an hour before the parade!

-Watch the fireworks near the hub/tommorowland entrance to get a good view of the witch flying down from the castle! (The witch takes Tink's place during mnsshp)

-Check out the storefront windows along Main Street, they are decorated for Halloween!

-Make sure to ride Haunted Mansion, it is a totally different atmosphere there during the party.

-You can only buy the mnnshp merchandise (pins, t-shirts, music) during mnsshp party hours, so if you want something party specific, check the stores after 7pm.

-If you want to see characters, there's tons in Tomorrowland (near Carousel of Progress usually) and Fantasyland! Some are only ever seen during the party!

-Don't waste your time getting your fortune told, it's cheesy and the lines can take forever!

-If you want lots of candy, stop by the treat stations near the end of the night, they usually give out handfulls then!

-Make sure to enjoy the atmosphere on Main Street USA and the entrance area, especially if you got there at 4pm when the Halloween decorations weren't all up!

BOBer Celebrations

Timon-Anniversary-Rob & Cass October 17th-11 years
Timon-Kira's birthday-November 23rd-turning 3
Morsel (Chris/Lynn)- 39th Anniversary-October 24
Karen Mouse-Neil's 40th - 22 Aug
Karen Mouse-Karen and Neil's 16 year anniv - Nov 22
Karen Mouse-Ellis' birthday September 15th
Karen Mouse -Karen's birthday - September 5th
Disgrits - Anniversary Paige & Rob- Nov 9 - 19 years
millerpjm - Anniversary Jen & Pete- November 28th - 11 years
millerpjm - Jen's Birthday - October 17th
millerpjm - Pete's Birthday - November 14th
JLDSMD - Anniversary Jeff & Suz- October 2nd - 16 years
cntkg1 - Nancy & Chuck Celebrating 30th anniversary a little early - June 14th
ST Cruisers - Stacy's 27th birthday October 21st
ST Cruisers - Tony's 29th birthday November 20th
dyerneeds/ tart annihilator- Mike & Robin 34th anniversary -October 18th
EpcotVa/Tinkerbell.RN - Megan turns 12 and Sarah turns 10, both on October 28th
Cheryl N. WI - Cheryl & Al -22nd Anniversary September 19th
danandnan - Nancy K's birthday October 29th
goslingl - Leisha's birthday August 11th
goslingl - Tom's birthday November 2nd
goslingl - Leisha & Tom 28th Anniversary September 19th
Ciao_Gina - Gina & Douglas 10th Anniversary October 15th
B9erSteve - Anniversary Steve & Laura November 30th
gstroop28- Dave & Angie - 15th Anniversary December 17th
gstroop28- Dave's 42nd Birthday October 19th
gstroop28 - Becca's 8th birthday October 24th
dizneycrazy4 - Janice & Mark - 20th Anniversary June 10th
KSFrogge - Angela & Tracy's 14th Anniversary - September 2nd

Please don't post until #29 is officially closed

Just testing......:thumbsup2

Please don't post here until thread #29 is closed

Page?? Not closed by moderator but I just posted # 3751 on other thread so I wanted to pop in to say hi and good night!

Norty dawg!!!!!!!!

Checking in...

Nancy, I read your post about your car and garage door breaking. I smiled and nodded....Rob went and had four new tires put on our Suburban.:scared1:

....and my washer is acting up a little.:headache:

You have to laugh, right?...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Page?? Not closed by moderator but I just posted # 3751 on other thread so I wanted to pop in to say hi and good night!

Norty dawg!!!!!!!!

Okay Angie... have a good night. I need to at least look like I'm doing something productive when Matthew gets here!!:lmao:

Saw your post about the cats and the luggage. Ours will be doing the same as soon as we make some progress on packing! Matthew hates it, but I do better packing the night before. I'll need to wash some things Thursday, so I can't pack completely. But we are starting a staging area!

Saw your post about the cats and the luggage. Ours will be doing the same as soon as we make some progress on packing! Matthew hates it, but I do better packing the night before. I'll need to wash some things Thursday, so I can't pack completely. But we are starting a staging area!

I know what you mean, Beth. We put everything in the family room downstairs.. to minimize the "intrusion" I usually wait till the last minute too, but it seemed easier packing ahead for summer when it's getting cold here now! :) The cats are so funny about the luggage.. they KNOW something's up!

I know what you mean, Beth. We put everything in the family room downstairs.. to minimize the "intrusion" I usually wait till the last minute too, but it seemed easier packing ahead for summer when it's getting cold here now! :) The cats are so funny about the luggage.. they KNOW something's up!

Ours usually get suspicious too. And the family room is our packing place, too. I'm gradually getting things down there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter