10/22/11 Parley!! Will this get me on the ship any faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are from Phoenix, AZ. DH and I both grew up in Orange County, CA though, so we are very familiar with Disney. I love Northern CA... lived in the East Bay area for a couple years and SIL lives in Fremont with her family. We eat pretty late dinner at home, but are afraid that the kids may be too tired for dinner at that time.

DD and her hubby lived in Mesa (on Baseline) for a bit last year so she could finish school. Love love love AZ! :love: You can keep that summer heat though, we were there in February and March and the weather was awesome. :woohoo:

P1000268.jpg

Patiently (ahem) waiting for this call again!! Got the call for my free upgrade on 9/15/09 for my 10/24/09 cruise. Two more weeks for all of our magical upgrades Parleyers.:banana::banana:

P1000268.jpg

Patiently (ahem) waiting for this call again!! Got the call for my free upgrade on 9/15/09 for my 10/24/09 cruise. Two more weeks for all of our magical upgrades Parleyers.:banana::banana:

Ooohh, I'll take one of those please. I hope everyone gets that magical call.

Welcome to all the new parlayers. WOW what a big crew. I'm Ben and will be traveling with my DW Miranda, DD 14, DS 11, DS 5, and DD Friend 16. I am sooooooo excited for Halloween on the ship. We have had costumes in anticipation for a couple of months.

P1000268.jpg

What is this magical call if you don't mind me asking. Do I have to be available to pick up the phone to get the upgrade? I work pretty long hours, so more than likely it'll go to voicemail :guilty:

Welcome to the other parleyers! I guess I should give more info about us. My name is Daryl (the wife) and will be traveling with my DH, Kevin, and our wee ones who are 3 1/2 and one. We are definitely looking forward to the trip since this is our first Disney cruise (DH's and my 3rd cruise) and our big vacation in 2 years :cool1:

What is this magical call if you don't mind me asking. Do I have to be available to pick up the phone to get the upgrade? I work pretty long hours, so more than likely it'll go to voicemail :guilty:

I am curious about this magical call too...

working all day and no cell phones allowed at work puts me out of contact with the numbers that Disney has....
If I can't take the call, they pass us over??? :guilty:

Hi Peggy & Gary--we are are a Peggy & Russ on the cruise!! :yay:

I am certainly glad that I have read this about the Halloween costumes here. I checked with our DCL reservations---they have my email address...yet I did not receive an email about the costumes!
I wonder why..?!?:confused:

Oh well. It's a good thing I check the thread here every so often!

I was just commented on the FB thread...with Pirate costumes, Halloween Costumes, FE stuff, Door Decorations...how do you 'pack light'?!? hahahaha...that's just impossibility!!!

But--I have a question. If they do the Halloween costumes. Will they still do a pirate themed night???

Hi Peggy & Gary--we are are a Peggy & Russ on the cruise!! :yay:

I am certainly glad that I have read this about the Halloween costumes here. I checked with our DCL reservations---they have my email address...yet I did not receive an email about the costumes!
I wonder why..?!?:confused:

Oh well. It's a good thing I check the thread here every so often!

I was just commented on the FB thread...with Pirate costumes, Halloween Costumes, FE stuff, Door Decorations...how do you 'pack light'?!? hahahaha...that's just impossibility!!!

But--I have a question. If they do the Halloween costumes. Will they still do a pirate themed night???

Hi Peggy and Russ!

Are you a Margaret too?

Last year we did our cruise a week later and were in Key West on Halloween. They had trick or treating set up that afternoon about 4-5 pm for the kids and they still had the pirate night later in the cruise. Awaiting the countdown for 8 weeks, will we all have to wait until 10 tonight??? Since my house is clean and the bushes have been trimmed, edging done and my son mowed the lawn I have an iron and a bunch of wrinkled clothes waiting for me. Before I start I was looking at some threads and came across something about packing cubes. Intriguing. Does anyone use those?

Will post countdown soon. Had to start work early. Will post as soon as I get home. Sorry. I know everybody is excited.:surfweb:

I am curious about this magical call too...

working all day and no cell phones allowed at work puts me out of contact with the numbers that Disney has....
If I can't take the call, they pass us over??? :guilty:

I just happened to be home when they called me in 09'. I've heard different stories though. Sometimes, you get the call, sometimes your TA gets the call and sometimes it just shows up on your reservation. No rhyme nor reason either. I'm not sure if they'll leave a message either. :confused3

Melissa, I can't have my cell phone at work either, but I have it vibrate and just carry it in my pocket instead. Hopefully, I can "feel" when the call comes in. :goodvibes

thats cause its not my birthday....yet.:upsidedow

Close enough. :thumbsup2 I thought you'd be in bed by now so I posted it a couple hours early. :flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter