10/22/11 Parley!! Will this get me on the ship any faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be my very first cruise! I am so excited! Me and my husband are huge Disney Fans! We will be celebrating our 1st Anniversary on this cruise! 50 Days! Can't wait! :yay:

Welcome to all the new Parleyer's
I'm Becky traveling with my DH Sean and DD Sarah, as well as this cooky group. If you have any questions please ask. I guess people are getting deals!

I am a computer idiot so I am replying to multiple quotes.

Welcome to all of the new cruisers. We are Gary and Peggy. We started cruising three years ago when our youngest graduated high school and we were done with band, Boy Scouts and hockey. We were able to take one cruise with the boys and hope to again but right now it's just us. :cool1:

We plan on arriving at the port for our 11-11:30 AM check in, as far as what people look like, we will probably be the two people watching episodes of the Office on our portable DVD player. (or everyone loves raymond) If you see us say hi. We are looking forward to meeting everyone, we are going to try to stay up late to enjoy some of the nightlife on this cruise. I may try Karakee again but I did try it once and the bar I did it at is out of business, I don't want to sink the boat!

We will certainly meet NJPrincess at Mass on Sunday morning and will wish your Mom her unnumbered Happy Birthday!

And Robb from Chicagoland we will hopefully meet you before stargazing, we have a Northwestern/Close Encounters of the Third Kind Story for you. We are Chicago born and bread and would still be there except for a job transfer folks. :dance3:

Everyone know Dyerneeds and TartAnnihalater so no words needed there!:rotfl2:

And last but not least, we will follow the two bottle limit but want to know how the Bushwacker taste tests are going!:cheer2:

Alright we booked, yahoo! :banana:

my head is spinning trying to get all the details organized. I see all the Cabanas are booked. If by chance anyone is planning to drop one, would you mind shooting me a PM before hand so I can be sure to grab it? :goodvibes

Is anyone staying at the Ron Jon Resort before hand? I'm looking at that or Country Inn & Suites. CI will take my amex points but Ron Jon has a fun waterslide for the kids.... decisions!!

:banana: WELCOME TO ALL :banana:

I can't wait for this cruise! I will be cruising with DH and DD (5).

Question... can any age run the 5K on Castaway Cay? DH and I were both planning on running and letting our 5 year old run the beginning and them taking turns carrying her on the remaining run (some added weight - like running with a weighted vest!)

Melissa, I don't think there are any age restrictions. You can run/walk it at your own pace, it's not a race as such so I can't see any reason why she woulnd't be able to take part.

Welcome to all the new Parleyers! pirate: I'm Wendy, traveling with my DBF, Rich, and his mom. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

I'm Becky traveling with my DH Sean and DD Sarah, as well as this cooky group.

Did someone say 'cookie'? As in, Oreo?!?! :love:

And last but not least, we will follow the two bottle limit but want to know how the Bushwacker taste tests are going!:cheer2:

:rotfl2:

OK Gang!! Its Sept 1st !! you know what that means???

We can officially say " We're Cruising NEXT MONTH!!"

hehehe! - did everyone see the email that just came out?!! dbf is going to FREAK when he finds out that we get a Halloween party!! I can't wait to watch him giggle like a schoolgirl and start eBaying to find a costume! ...perhaps a few of us should try to put together "Best Group" or something, as I see that is one of the prize categories?

Just got this in our email

Thank you for choosing a Disney Cruise Line® vacation. We look forward to sailing with you and want to take this opportunity to share with you some important information as you prepare to pack for your vacation.

We’ll be celebrating Halloween on our ships this year with several themed events, including traditional trick-or-treating and a special costume parade for children on the following sail dates:

Disney Magic® - October 22, 2011 and October 29, 2011
Disney Wonder® - October 23, 2011 and October 30, 2011

Though not required, we encourage Guests of all ages to bring along their costumes for these special events. There will even be a costume contest for our adult guests on one evening with prizes awarded based on the following categories:

Funniest
Best Group
Most Spooky
Most Original
Most Disney

More information on themed nights, times and locations will be available onboard in the Personal Navigator that will be delivered to your stateroom.

All Guests are invited to wear costumes; however, we ask that you choose costumes which are not obstructive or offensive. To avoid any disappointment or delay in your boarding process, we ask that when considering costume options you refrain from bringing toys or props that resemble guns, knives or other related implements, as these items will not be allowed onboard.

Again, we look forward to sailing with you and hope you have a magical cruise.

Sincerely,

The Cast and Crew of Disney Cruise Line®

Our traditional Halloween costumes are the meanest Mom and Dad in the world. (At least when the boys were in middle school:teacher:)

PS: somewhere along the line I missed the details of the CC 5K race... I've been doing 5Ks at home lately, so I'd love to participate - can someone fill me in on the details?

Just got this in our email

Yup! We just recieved it, too! We dressed up 2 years ago on the 3-nt. but will have to see what luggage space is left after packing for a 7-nt. w/all the FE supplies! :rotfl2:

PS: somewhere along the line I missed the details of the CC 5K race... I've been doing 5Ks at home lately, so I'd love to participate - can someone fill me in on the details?

We've run it several times. It's very informal. It will be announced in the CC day navigator. It now begins about 30-45 min. after the ship docks and the meeting place is in the intersection by the bike rental hut.

A cast member leads it but the turns are all marked with circular red arrow signs. From the bike hut, you start off towards the airstrip. Then the path runs around the Lookout-tower/circular bike path loop, then back onto the airstrip down to serenity bay, back to the Tower/circular path (and around that loop a second time) then back to the bike hut. (Some CMs lengthen/shorten the route but that is the basic path.)

It is not timed, so it's a run, not a race. Sometimes they give out certificates or souvenirs and sometimes they do not. I read recently that they do give out race numbers now. (Now THATS a cool souvenir!) :goodvibes

Yup! We just recieved it, too! We dressed up 2 years ago on the 3-nt. but will have to see what luggage space is left after packing for a 7-nt. w/all the FE supplies! :rotfl2:

We've run it several times. It's very informal. It will be announced in the CC day navigator. It now begins about 30-45 min. after the ship docks and the meeting place is in the intersection by the bike rental hut.

A cast member leads it but the turns are all marked with circular red arrow signs. From the bike hut, you start off towards the airstrip. Then the path runs around the Lookout-tower/circular bike path loop, then back onto the airstrip down to serenity bay, back to the Tower/circular path (and around that loop a second time) then back to the bike hut. (Some CMs lengthen/shorten the route but that is the basic path.)

It is not timed, so it's a run, not a race. Sometimes they give out certificates or souvenirs and sometimes they do not. I read recently that they do give out race numbers now. (Now THATS a cool souvenir!) :goodvibes

Love that we get a race number - I have a bib from all of the races I have done

Welcome to all the new Parleyers! pirate: I'm Wendy, traveling with my DBF, Rich, and his mom. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Did someone say 'cookie'? As in, Oreo?!?! :love:

:rotfl2:

I tried the new triple Oreo today... Double Stuff is still tops in my book.

Welcome aboard to all the newbies on the thread!! :)

While I don't have little kids with us....we are cruising with friends who have children. We too are coming from the west coast. We have late dinner seating --and prefer it. So do our friends.
I think it depends on your eating style.

Where on the west coast are you from? We're from the Stanford Univ area. Our friends are from the Disneyland area...

We are from Phoenix, AZ. DH and I both grew up in Orange County, CA though, so we are very familiar with Disney. I love Northern CA... lived in the East Bay area for a couple years and SIL lives in Fremont with her family. We eat pretty late dinner at home, but are afraid that the kids may be too tired for dinner at that time.

We are from Phoenix, AZ. DH and I both grew up in Orange County, CA though, so we are very familiar with Disney. I love Northern CA... lived in the East Bay area for a couple years and SIL lives in Fremont with her family. We eat pretty late dinner at home, but are afraid that the kids may be too tired for dinner at that time.

West Coaster here too; central valley. Grew up in what was considered east bay I guess, Fairfield. Hubby is a deputy sheriff in the county your sister lives in.

Hi folks received this from DCL:

Thank you for choosing a Disney Cruise Line® vacation. We look forward to sailing with you and want to take this opportunity to share with you some important information as you prepare to pack for your vacation.

We’ll be celebrating Halloween on our ships this year with several themed events, including traditional trick-or-treating and a special costume parade for children on the following sail dates:

Disney Magic® - October 22, 2011 and October 29, 2011
Disney Wonder® - October 23, 2011 and October 30, 2011

Though not required, we encourage Guests of all ages to bring along their costumes for these special events. There will even be a costume contest for our adult guests on one evening with prizes awarded based on the following categories:

Funniest
Best Group
Most Spooky
Most Original
Most Disney

More information on themed nights, times and locations will be available onboard in the Personal Navigator that will be delivered to your stateroom.

All Guests are invited to wear costumes; however, we ask that you choose costumes which are not obstructive or offensive. To avoid any disappointment or delay in your boarding process, we ask that when considering costume options you refrain from bringing toys or props that resemble guns, knives or other related implements, as these items will not be allowed onboard.

Looks like we've got us a partay :yay::yay::yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter