10/1/21 (Planning thread for those w/ Magic Kingdom ressies on the BIG 50th)!

Something else just occurred to me. Usually MK has the BEST Halloween/fall snacks. I haven’t seen any listed this year except the Boo Bash exclusives. Every other Halloween cut has supposedly been to emphasize the anniversary more (like fewer decorations). I’m really disappointed I won’t be able to grab the pumpkin spice Mickey waffle sundae while I’m there, but do y’all think this might mean there will be an explosion of special anniversary treats starting 10/1?!?

Any thoughts on getting to MK on 10/1 for rope drop from the Polynesian? I am having concerns that the boats and monorails will both be full due to stopping at other locations prior to arriving to the Polynesian.

Something else just occurred to me. Usually MK has the BEST Halloween/fall snacks. I haven’t seen any listed this year except the Boo Bash exclusives. Every other Halloween cut has supposedly been to emphasize the anniversary more (like fewer decorations). I’m really disappointed I won’t be able to grab the pumpkin spice Mickey waffle sundae while I’m there, but do y’all think this might mean there will be an explosion of special anniversary treats starting 10/1?!?
That would be awesome!! I hope so!!

Any thoughts on getting to MK on 10/1 for rope drop from the Polynesian? I am having concerns that the boats and monorails will both be full due to stopping at other locations prior to arriving to the Polynesian.
Now that the walkway has opened up for the GF you can walk from the poly to MK. Poly to MK is about a 25 min walk

Can walk from poly to MK now, I'd probably take that option if I was staying there.

Now that the walkway has opened up for the GF you can walk from the poly to MK. Poly to MK is about a 25 min walk
Can walk from poly to MK now, I'd probably take that option if I was staying there.
I would definitely walk on that day, no doubt in my mind. I would probably walk a lot of the time, but on that day that is a huge perk of staying there. No wait at all, no stress over lines or crowded transportation, and you can go at your own pace.

I was just looking at my touring plans dashboard for our upcoming trip, and it has the WDW crowd level at an 8 on October 1st. I know it isn't exact, etc, but I would have assumed they would have it at a 10. They also have it as a 4 on Sept 30th, which I don't believe even a little bit. Just interesting, that's all.

Is anyone else freaking out that this is happening next week???? I’m like 🤯
Been planning this trip for a year and it’s happening so soon- still with so much up in the air!!

also- is anyone else expecting a genie+ announcement any minute??

Yup - we've had our package and the MK park reservations for 10/1 at least a year. Had no idea where we might all be but booked it anyway knowing it wouldn't have to be paid off until end of Aug 2021. I'm retirement age but still working full time, Sister is retired last Fall but didn't know if the part time job she was planning to get would allow her the time off. My nephew graduated college in May and the seasonal job he worked for summer is ending and he is starting a new job mid-October. So we are all good to go. Can't believe it's just a week away!

People from CR will walk , you wont have many on the mono so I disagree with others and I would do that. If the line looks HUGE and I mean HUGE then walk. However even NYE and 4th july I always got on the mono from poly or gf.

Boats are risky rope drop IMO.

Came back to add. Mono comes every few mins. If one pulls away often you can see the next arrive just after. I would still do mono over walk from poly. Cr and Gf will be walking , that leaves mono mostly poly guests.

People from CR will walk , you wont have many on the mono so I disagree with others and I would do that. If the line looks HUGE and I mean HUGE then walk. However even NYE and 4th july I always got on the mono from poly or gf.

Came back to add. Mono comes every few mins. If one pulls away often you can see the next arrive just after. I would still do mono over walk from poly. Cr and Gf will be walking , that leaves mono mostly poly guests.

Good insight! Would resort monorail be picking up guests from the TTC or would they only be allowed to ride the direct monorail?

Good insight! Would resort monorail be picking up guests from the TTC or would they only be allowed to ride the direct monorail?
I can't remember a time where people at TTC weren't allowed to board the resort monorail, so I'd imagine that it'll fill up pretty heavily there.

All good points! I myself would probably still lean toward walking just so I control my own fate, but those are excellent reasons that the monorail might not be all that bad! We just always (well, almost always haha) choose to walk when it’s an option.

Good question. They shouldn’t but ya never know. I never had a problem getting on from a resort. Sometimes at closing there is a big line.

At least if the monos look full upon arrival a person could decide to walk.

All good points! I myself would probably still lean toward walking just so I control my own fate, but those are excellent reasons that the monorail might not be all that bad! We just always (well, almost always haha) choose to walk when it’s an option.
I walk from Cr but even from gf sometimes I mono over but walk home. It’s never been an issue getting 1sr or 2nd mono.

I walk from Cr but even from gf sometimes I mono over but walk home. It’s never been an issue getting 1sr or 2nd mono.
I can’t even describe how much I wish the walkway had been open for our GF stays when we had a double stroller! Our last stay was Feb 2020, and the partially finished walkway was taunting us there when we had to wait for a monorail and find one with room for 6 including a double stroller. Being the last stop made it a little tricky sometimes. I doubt we ever had to wait for more than two monorails, but I would just much rather leisurely walk and take that stress/worry and waiting away. We were in the main building and I think we still would have usually walked.

I was just looking at my touring plans dashboard for our upcoming trip, and it has the WDW crowd level at an 8 on October 1st. I know it isn't exact, etc, but I would have assumed they would have it at a 10. They also have it as a 4 on Sept 30th, which I don't believe even a little bit. Just interesting, that's all.

Looking at mine, the overall for WDW is 8/10 but MK is 10/10 for 10/1. I'm surprised at 9/30 also but hope it is because that's are park hopping day.

I don't know what that day will be like, as we are in a strange pandemic sort of time, but I assume it will be super busy.
We accidentally were there for the 40th anniversary day. This was before we were as well informed Disney travellers as we are now. Anyways, it was the busiest day we have ever been to the Magic Kingdom. We got a button and a fun park map with references to how the park looked on opening day. The lines for merchandise I remember were insane, and the fireworks at night were scary and not enjoyable. Too many people for the cast members to control, so they were constantly yelling at people the whole way through the show. It was so cramped and confined that even I was anxious and I don't have claustrophobia.
So when the 50th came around, we went the opposite route and decided that we would avoid the day and watch the fun from afar.
I hope everyone has a great time. I hope everyone stays safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter