10/1/21 (Planning thread for those w/ Magic Kingdom ressies on the BIG 50th)!

Any day outside of 10/1 I wouldn’t have a worry about leaving at coming back. But I’m the one day, once 2pm hits I plan to stay out, if I want to leave earlier I will but I plan to be back in by 2. It’s not worth the risk to me, I have a feeling people may try to hope for the fireworks, and I don't want to risk it. We just don’t actually know how they will handle it.
Agree. Since ours will be a short trip, I’ll have the energy to stay in the park all day. We can find ways to take a break in the park if necessary.

Agree. Since ours will be a short trip, I’ll have the energy to stay in the park all day. We can find ways to take a break in the park if necessary.
Same, just 3 full park days, I’m hopefully I can hang the full day! On 10/1!

also congrats on being able to figure out what I was saying before I edited! Wow that was bad 🤣

We only have two full days and two partial. I’m also currently planning for a full Epcot day on 10/2, but we’ll see…
Planning for the same. Thinking we will try and get one of the dining packages to avoid the crowds for the fireworks.

I'm going solo and just realized I have park pass reservations for 3. If anyone wants to PM me, I can cancel these (the 2 extra) at a certain time.

That’s interesting. I would have thought it’s if you enter and leave, that spot then becomes available for others to “hop” into the park. Some aspect of the reservation count must be what’s used to open availability for hopping since almost every day that reservations were at capacity, you could still hop to the park at 2:00.
They only scan you coming in, they don’t scan that you left. But if you leave in come back - they know who you are and that you are already accounted for in the totals.

Definitely panicking that I won't get any of the LE pins now, hopefully they'll still be in stock this Saturday when we arrive.
I will say they still had a decent amount of pins and loungefly backpacks yesterday at both 130pm and 7pm. Disney springs was a mad house. The only thing I was unable to get between the two trips were the white and gold light up ears.

Is anyone else freaking out that this is happening next week???? I’m like 🤯
Been planning this trip for a year and it’s happening so soon- still with so much up in the air!!

also- is anyone else expecting a genie+ announcement any minute??
Yes! I need to know if we'll have Genie or not! omg! I hate the uncertainty!

I wanted one of the LE Passholder 50th pins. But with only 3000 and us not being there until 10/1, guessing they will all be gone 😞 Has anyone noticed if they are keeping to the 2 per person limit?

How is the stock for the Passholder Button down shirt and the other retro button shirt. Really want both of those but don't arrive until the 28th.

I’ve heard that they’re sticking to the limit, but that’s just per transaction. Since so many of the resellers are local APs, they’re able to leave and come back later that day or the next day, and a lot of them bring friends/family. I’m sure the unannounced drop was probably Disney trying to keep the stores from being overwhelmed and alleviating the merch lines on 10/1, but I was really sad to see the merch drop early like this. Especially with the AP exclusive items, I wish it were like universal where they’d swipe our passes to make sure each AP only got one. And save the LE pins for day of. 😞

How is the stock for the Passholder Button down shirt and the other retro button shirt. Really want both of those but don't arrive until the 28th.
I think at $125 the passholder shirt will at least sell out slower. I don’t think the resellers can risk buying a bunch of those and not being able to sell them, and other people will be turned off by the price. So you should be good there lol.

I agree. I’m also sad they didn’t wait until the 1st to drop some items. I get trying to alleviate the lines, but I feel like there should be SOME merchandise perk for actually being there on the 1st. We should at least have full opportunity to get an item we want.

I think at $125 the passholder shirt will at least sell out slower. I don’t think the resellers can risk buying a bunch of those and not being able to sell them, and other people will be turned off by the price. So you should be good there lol.

Yikes I didn't realize it was that much. I do love Reyn Spooner and they haven't made Disney stuff in some time so I'm most likely still going to get it.

Right?!? And what about alleviating the ride lines lol? Since it’s not likely Genie+ will be going then, they need the hours long merch lines to suck up some of the crowds! 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter