08 DEC 2007 - 7 Day Eastern Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went on a Disney Cruise on Dec 2, 2005, and the weather was perfect. THe water was cool at Castaway Cay, but we expected that. The water in Grand Cayman was WARM! and it was HOT in Key West and Costa Maya. We're thrilled to get the other itinerary this time around

MY DEAR DH IS TRYING TO GET ME TO SLOW DOWN ABOUT THE CRUISE LOL
WELL - :surfweb: SEEMS I CANNOT STOP SEARCHING FOR INFO - THERE MUST BE A CONDITION ATTACHED TO THIS - WHAT IS IT CALLED? UM
OBSESSIVE DISNEY CRUISE DISORDER (ODCD) - HMMM :Pinkbounc :bounce: :dance3: :woohoo: I JUST AM SO EXCITED!

MY DEAR DH IS TRYING TO GET ME TO SLOW DOWN ABOUT THE CRUISE LOL

He He!! My DH does not like to think about his vacation until about 30 days prior. He said he does not like to be excited for something that is so far away! I'm the complete opposite. We have more than a year to go and here I am on the boards already! The tips I learn from this site are priceless!! It made our last trip this past May amazing!!

well i am glad i am not alone in that lol -
when you went in May did you go east or west?
what was your favorite thing? (if you can pick just one!!)
and what tips can ya give us?
all info is sooooooo much appreciated!
we are going to book VERY soon - we are getting a cat 4 family - since there are 5 of us -
anyway - it is NEVER too early to plan or learn right?

We and a group of family are planning on joining you on this cruise. :wave: DH and myself (both DISers, he is DrHug on the boards). Also joining us will be my DN and her family, she also is a DISer. My DN and his family, my DS and DBIL, DD and DSIL. 10 adults, one 12 yo (or will he be 13 at cruise time :confused3 ) and two babies right at 1 year old.

DH and I are sailing this Dec on the DD Dec 9 cruise with our DGS 7yo, the others were going with us but the two babies that will be right at a year 2007 changed everyone's plans! :teeth: DN and DNIL are both having babies late Oct, early Nov so had to cx this year. So, darn the luck, DH and I will just have to go again next year! :woohoo: :dance3:

hi MrsMork....I believe we sailed together this past Dec 10 Magic cruise! congrats on all the babies coming!!!!!

So at what age are babies allowed on the cruise? My DW and I are going of course next Dec, ('07) and we want to book our next cruise ON the cruise, because we heard it saves $$. But if all goes as well as we hope, we'll have the BEST souvenir from the cruise and I don't know what age DCL allows kids. My DSIL who is also a travel agent, said we can move it forward once and reschedule if need. Does this sound accurate? THANKS!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :Pinkbounc

when you went in May did you go east or west?
what was your favorite thing? (if you can pick just one!!)
and what tips can ya give us?

We did the 7-day Eastern. We liked it so much that we booked the same cruise. We liked the extra day at sea to relax.

My favorite thing was the couples spa villa. We splurged a little because it was our 10-year anniversary. It was the most relaxing experience. We also loved Pirate night. Actually, there really wasn't anything that we didn't love!

My tips are:
1. Use the laundry service to have your dress clothes pressed on the first day onboard. They give you a bag and your room steward can take the bag for you. We had my dh's suit and dress shirts all pressed for a nominal fee. It was so much better than trying to do it myself. This way we didn't have to worry about ironing. I used Downy wrinkle releaser on everything else!

2. If you drink bottled water, stop at a store on the way to Cape Canaveral and purchase a case. We placed that and a case of beer in a duffel bag and used the empty bag for souviners on the way home.

3. Order coffee before you go to bed. It comes in a carafe and stays hot until the morning. You have hot coffee right when you wake up.

4. My dd got a kick out of ordering cookies and milk from room service too.

I'm sure I will think of more. I learned all these tricks from these boards and I was thankful!!!

RBennett said:
So at what age are babies allowed on the cruise? My DW and I are going of course next Dec, ('07) and we want to book our next cruise ON the cruise, because we heard it saves $$. But if all goes as well as we hope, we'll have the BEST souvenir from the cruise and I don't know what age DCL allows kids. My DSIL who is also a travel agent, said we can move it forward once and reschedule if need. Does this sound accurate? THANKS!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :Pinkbounc
They have to be 12 weeks by the date you sail. No sailing past 24 weeks of pregnancy. And yes, it is accurate that you can move to another date if you need. That is what my family did when they found out those babies are on the way.

are you all as busy as me planning this years trip....this is a very quiet board.....has anyone here done royal caribbean explorer of the sea? any pointers??

It looks like we are joining this group! We were on the 8/19/06 double dip and rebooked on board with the intention of moving the ressie to 2008 but we have already decided to try to do both. We have only been off a week and we are already missing it. We are myself, DH, DS(will be 10) and DD (will be 8). This will be our 3rd Disney cruise. No other cruise is the same after you have sailed Disney!!! Can't wait to get to know you all over the next 15 months.

Linda

I will be joining y'all too. I just switched from the 4-night Wonder on the 9th of Dec 07 to this cruise. It'll be my first cruise and I'm planning on doing a couple days at WDW before hand, just haven't made a final decision on which resort yet.

Welcome Linda and Jess! I have not checked in for awhile. We are VERY busy over on the Dec 9 DD thread. My goodness I can hardly keep up there. It's kind of quiet over there today though so I thought I would check in with this group. :wave:

DH (Dennis - known as DrHug on this board) and I will be leaving tomorrow morning for Disneyland. We will be there Fri, Sat and Sun. :woohoo: :banana: :dance3: This will be our 4th trip down there this year. More than usual for us. We usually go to DL once a year and to WDW and cruise once a year. Just special stuff has come up this year like chaparoning our DGS high school band trip to DL in March. This trip we are VERY excited because we will get to have brunch at CLUB 33 :Pinkbounc :bounce: on Saturday. We met at DL 39 years ago this Sat (Sept 9) and never ever in a million years did we ever think we would get to go to Club 33, much less on the anniversary of the day we met. :yay: I can not stand the wait!

We have been on the Eastern cruise twice and once on the 10 day that also went to St Thomas and St Maarten. Last year we did the St John island tour. It is beautiful! But then so is Megan's Bay. On St Maarten we have twice done the Golden Eagle Catamarran tour and it is LOTS of fun. Great crew.

Is it time to go yet. I am ready now. I still can't seem to stop thinking about the one I just got off and I am ready to go again, now!

Linda

I just had a quick question; my DW and I will be celebrating our 3rd anniversary on the cruise, and I just wanted to know when can you book one of the open cabanas on Castaway Cay for a massage? Is it 90 days out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter