08 DEC 2007 - 7 Day Eastern Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flagger said:
It is never too early to start a meet thread. So who is cruising with us?

We were all set for the 12/8 but couldn't get one of the SVRs so we moved to the 11/10 Eastern. BUT, we may move back if we can get a totally better deal booking onboard when we're there Nov 06.

So....we may see you anyways....but if not....have a great time and I'll be sure to post live from the ship so that you know what's happening before you get there.... :thumbsup2

We booked 2 weeks ago for our 10th Anniversay! I can't believe that it's still 1 year and 9 months away! It's going to be a long wait!

We booked while we were on board Magic Western two weeks ago! We cannot wait, but we had to space it out since DW is due in October with baby number 2 :yay:

We will be DH (29), DW (29), DS (2), and D?(15 mos). We might be brining some family along as well.

I'm so upset! :mad: I just knew I would get to start this thread! Oh well, the early bird... :rolleyes: We, too, were on the Magic Western April 8th and booked early. First, we were booked for the same time next year. However, after we got home and saw the credit card bills ( :eek: ), we decided we'd better push it back. While cruising the site, I noticed the great prices for the Dec Eastern and just moved our ressie. Very excited! :jumping1:

Will be me (29), son (9), mom (she'd kill me if I said), dad (let's just say, older than mom) and maybe sister (slightly wiser than me). (All ages at time of cruise). Well, time to start packing. Kidding. Sort of. :rolleyes1

I've been searching and researching and checking the stateroom reports to fnd a good room. We want something quieter than we had on our first cruise. We were in room 6543 with the kids clubs right below us and they were very loud at nap times and even at 10/11pm. This time we are looking for an outside room on Deck 2 but are having a hard time finding one that sleeps 4. Apparently most sleep 3. That seems weird to me! Anyways, hopefully the time flies!

Holly

Don't tell me that! We have rooms above the club this time! :sad1: Maybe I should talk to our TA about switching... It was hard for us to find three rooms (two cat 6 and one cat 11) together. More research is in order! :surfweb:

disney_mommy said:
Don't tell me that! We have rooms above the club this time! :sad1: Maybe I should talk to our TA about switching... It was hard for us to find three rooms (two cat 6 and one cat 11) together. More research is in order! :surfweb:

I don't know abput other rooms though. My inlaws had 6583 I think and they didn't hear a thing! I'll go to the deck plans and see exactly where we were.

Looks like we were right above the LAB.The noise wasnt all the time. It was only when they were useing microphones etc that it was loud. We didn call down to guest services to comment and it was turned down. But I would rather be there than below Rockin' Bar D. too.

It looks like it would be good to be above the Forward or aft areas since there are other rooms there and It also looks like being above most places (minus the Lab would be good too). Sorry to scare you before!

Holly

Alrighty then where is everyone? The threads for the cruises pre and post this one are now several pages long. Let's not let them show us up!!!

It's hard to wait so long!! :hourglass

We decided to keep our original rooms (6536, 6538 and 6539). We weren't in our rooms much during the day and at night, we're so tired that no noise would keep us up!

I've read up on the new ports (we were on the Western first, so this time we're doing the Eastern) in my Passporter. Trying to decide if I should get their new cruise book or wait and see if another one comes out before our cruise (which is sooo far away!). Does anybody here read the Passporters? I love them! We used one for our DW trip two years ago and it was indespensible. :thumbsup2

Very excited about having verandahs this time. Has anyone here had a verandah room? How do the two compare (with and without verandah)? Now I need to start thinking about door decorations! :hyper: I'm glad we have a (long) while to get to know each other before our cruise. :grouphug:

June 2003-Disney World Animal Kingdom Lodge for DS's 5th birthday :bday: The very first time I ever met :eeyore: :cloud9:
April 2006-7-Night Western (our first cruise!) :sail:
December 2007-7-Night Eastern :hourglass

DD will be 4 when we go and Ms. Flagger and myself will be in our late 30's. We have one of the reclassified Cat 7 rooms with the partial obstruction but not the full navigator's verandah. Since we booked so early, an upgrade would be nice, but we are sure not counting on it.

I know we want to head to Orient Beach on St. Maarten, and we plan on taking the ferry to St. John. I am just so not looking forward to that EARLY wake up call at St. Thomas though.

We will be driving down on Tuesday evening to Orlando. I would like to stay at the Poly, but we might stay off property. It looks like we will just do the Holiday Party instead of trying to do all of the park(s) this trip, but that may all change. We will be staying at the Residence Inn Friday night. Ms. Flagger has/will have tons of Marriott points which will help on pre-cruise costs.

We have one cruise already booked on the Freedom of the Seas this coming January to get in our cruise fix.

We do have to start this thread up....I have been busy planning our 10 night trip to DW in Sept first......can't pass up that free dining!
My son will just be turning 6 by the time we cruise, we went on this same cruise this past December after 8 nights at DW and he loved it...it was 2 weeks of Mickey...really fun!!!!!the mickey pool is a bit crazy though...not looking forward to that....but he will be older so hopefully not as stressful.
talk to you all soon

I was kinda hopin for a little less crowds between thanksgiving and christmas since school will still be in session.

That pool was a madhouse! I was shocked. We tried the "get there right after you board when it's not crowded" idea, but within half an hour, it was mobbed. My DS-6 loved it, so we had to go all the time. :rolleyes: I gave up trying to get a lounge chair and just got a table along the railings. I saw lots of people saving chairs and it really aggravated me! :mad: Sometimes I only saw five or six people actually sitting in them but every other chair had something on it like a book or towel or a tee shirt. I felt okay, though, sitting not quite in eyesight. I could see the lifeguards were actually paying attention (all but one, more on him later). I've read that when a chair is being saved, to just move the stuff and take it, but I was afraid someone would come running over and holler at me, so I never did. :confused3 The first day of the cruise, my DS was in the pool (running up the stairs, down the slide over and over and over... :bored: The lifeguard wasn't paying attention to the kids. They would stand there and wait for him to tell them to go down the slide and they would finally have to get his attention to ask. It looked like he was playing with some sort of cell phone. I was just about to say something to someone when another lifeguard climbed up there. The first one looked surprised, but he left. I'm sure another parent complained so they got him out of there. It's nice to know they take the kids' safety seriously. :)

Saving deck chairs... If I see a towel on it for more than 15 minutes, I remove it and just plop ourselves down. DD is really working on her swimming this season, so we will see if she can handle the goofy pool next year.

we went to Disney from Dec 2nd - Dec 10th then on the cruise from the 10th - the 17th and school being in session didn't seem to have any advantage. The ship was packed with kids! But it is a Disney ship, it's to be expected....it was really great though!!!!

I expect kids to be on a Disney ship, but I know the parks at least have a bit of a lull which will be nice.

Well, only 17 months till our cruise. I went on the Disney site and noticed that our room is already assigned....crossing my fingers for a little teeny upgrade! We also booked a room at the AS Movies for December 5th-15, 2006. Only 5 months to go. Hopefully the boss will give me the time off ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter