08 DEC 2007 - 7 Day Eastern Magic Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys, I haven't been on this site for quite awhile. Paul has been sick and in the hospital since we came home from our great cruise. If you don't remember us, I wouldn't be surprised. We were unable to do all of the great things that we had planned to do on the cruise. Paul had some complications from his CABGx5 just before our trip. We more or less stayed in our cabin most of the time. He did get out to dinner every nite and did the shows every nite with Mikaila and me. Mikaila's mommy apparently is very sensitive to sea sickness and now land sickness so she didn't make most of the shows. Mikaila had a blast and loved the Stocking event especially. Thanks to all of you who participated. Thanks to all of you who make this a great site. Hope to explain more later. Paul and Cheryl Lattin

We have the Oct. 10, 09 St. Croix booked right now, but that is subject to change. You never know. We booked on board thinking the rest of our family might get to go at this time. When their school calendar (09/10) comes out, then we will know for sure. Sure would love to sail again with all of you. :thumbsup2

Hi Guys, I haven't been on this site for quite awhile. Paul has been sick and in the hospital since we came home from our great cruise. If you don't remember us, I wouldn't be surprised. We were unable to do all of the great things that we had planned to do on the cruise. Paul had some complications from his CABGx5 just before our trip. We more or less stayed in our cabin most of the time. He did get out to dinner every nite and did the shows every nite with Mikaila and me. Mikaila's mommy apparently is very sensitive to sea sickness and now land sickness so she didn't make most of the shows. Mikaila had a blast and loved the Stocking event especially. Thanks to all of you who participated. Thanks to all of you who make this a great site. Hope to explain more later. Paul and Cheryl Lattin

I'm sorry the cruise didn't turn out like you had planned but I hope you enjoyed it enough to do it again.

Blessings to you and Paul. :hug:

I am thinking of booking a cruise over Halloween. Anyone cruised over that holiday? Thanks

We were booked on the Western Double Dip for next Halloween, until we decided to do the Member Cruise instead. I think it'd be fun, and something I'd definitely like to do one year.

Cheryl,
I'm sorry things didn't turn out as you'd expected, but it sounds like the magical moments with Mikaila made the trip worthwhile. I hope Paul is better soon.
Wendy:grouphug:

We have the Oct. 10, 09 St. Croix booked right now, but that is subject to change. You never know. We booked on board thinking the rest of our family might get to go at this time. When their school calendar (09/10) comes out, then we will know for sure. Sure would love to sail again with all of you. :thumbsup2

Nanatink,
Stacy and I are both doing B2B on Sept 12 (Tortola) and Sept 19 (Western) in 2009. If the October date doesn't work, we'd love to have you join us in September!
Wendy

Hello, fellow cruisers. I haven't been able to post since the cruise due to all the craziness of the holidays and all since we debarked.

I want to say thank you to everyone who put something in our stockings. :hug: More than once it was the thought of what was in there that got my son out of his bad mood after I had to drag him out of the Lab when he wasn't ready to go! And I only caught someone once! Everyone was very sneaky! And I don't think anyone ever saw my son and I (he in a santa hat:santa:) sneaking around with a bag of goodies. We did get smiles from neighbors, though.

And, just like I predicted over a year ago, I got all shy and didn't make it to any of the meets. :blush: I did see a few green shirts and green lanyards (thank you, Wendy!) around but never introduced myself. I recognized Brack outside of the adult pool area and sat behind he and his lovely wife at the second Ducky Williams talk (congratulations on winning that drawing :thumbsup2 ).

The cruise was great, over all. The first few days were rough, of course. Not only the weather, though...

Wednesday, I was diagnosed with a sinus infection and received a prescription for antibiotics. Friday morning I woke up and the lymph node in my right cheek was swollen. So I got in to see the doc (again!) and she told me she had no idea what was causing it. But she also said the antibiotic I was on was very strong, so it should take care of anything. Well, it only got worse. It swelled up so much it hurt to chew, and my jaw wouldn't close on the right side - my teeth wouldn't touch. So, if you noticed someone on the first few night with an absurdly swollen right cheek who was slurping soup and crying while chewing bread, that was me! Then the rocking started. So I was laying on my bed with a hot water bottle on my cheek and a trashcan nearby. Not fun! :sick:

But then my jaw stopped hurting and my cheek went down and we docked and it all got better. We snorkeled and shopped and walked and played bingo and drank champagne and saw movies (loved Enchanted!) and shows (loved The Golden Mickeys and Jeff Civillico) and saw butterflies and traded pins with officers and saw Don "Ducky" Williams (twice) and learned to fold towels and took tons of pictures and got sunburned and so much more... It was wonderful. :thumbsup2

I was one of the ones watching us leave that couple on shore, only to scoot back in and allow them to board. What a hassle.

Last week I received the Shoreside Survival Kit and my CD was cracked! I'll email DCL and ask for a replacement.

The strangest thing happened to me yesterday...:confused:

When I came home from an outing, there was a message from the Disney Cruise Line Lost and Found saying they had found a blue suitcase with my name on it. I had to name something in it, and I mentioned the portable DVD player I lost. I assumed I had left it in the hotel room the night before the cruise. Well, that was in the blue suitcase, so they're sending it UPS on Monday.

On the cruise, I ran out of clothes for my son near the end and had to do unplanned laundry, and I kept telling my family, I can't believe I didn't pack enough, I am very organized and that's not like me.

Well, it turns out it's not like me! The suitcase never even made it on the cruise and I never even noticed. I guess there were only clothes, nothing I absolutely needed. And the DVD player was never on the cruise, which is why I thought it was left at the hotel. :confused3

So I can't wait to see what is in there. It will be like Christmas morning again! And now I can return the new DVD player I bought since then.

Well, I wish I could say I'll be seeing you guys on the next cruise thread, but with finances as they are, it will be a long while before I cruise with DCL again. But I'll keep poking my head in here to say howdy.:wave2:

:thanks: Thanks again to everyone for your friendliness and invitations and ideas and suggestions in the months before our cruise. l:disrocks:

And, just like I predicted over a year ago, I got all shy and didn't make it to any of the meets. :blush: I did see a few green shirts and green lanyards (thank you, Wendy!) around but never introduced myself. I recognized Brack outside of the adult pool area and sat behind he and his lovely wife at the second Ducky Williams talk (congratulations on winning that drawing :thumbsup2 ).

l:disrocks:

I'm glad you had a good time. I hope that next time you do cruise that you are not shy. I've been playing the two times that you mentioned in my mind to see if I remember you.

I'm glad also that your lost items showed up. My lost item has still not surfaced. :confused:

Blessings to you and your family. Maybe the next cruise will be sooner than you think. :thumbsup2

We .... played bingo....

Did you by any chance bingo? We went to almost all of the games and just trying to see if I remember you.
If by any chance you went to the bingo where they played the STINKER bingo that was me that won....Yes I won the game where the worst player is the winner.....:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I'm very good at blending in, so good luck! :laughing:

I have a picture in my mind but I can never be totally sure without a real photo. :rolleyes1

I hope you're lost item finds you soon. :wizard:

My duffle bag should arrive soon from my friend. Any hope that the card will be found will be in that bag. :hug: I'll be sure to post one way or another.

The one thing that I know for sure is that it will never happen again! :headache: The "A*** R********" part of me is going to be really strong when it comes to my CF Cards from now on. :idea:

Jason, are you and your family all right after the terrrible storms that went through Kenosha County last night?

Hi All... :wave: Checking in.. :yay:

Working today 10 - 2 and helping with shipment.. :headache:

I've been busy lately.. Work, Getting ready for the weekend in WDW :woohoo: Shopping for MORE furniture at Direct Buy.. the odds and ends that we knew we'd need, oil changes, Dr's and lots of other Real Life issues that just keep me from the Dis :surfweb:

Went to DS's NJ choice college, Brookdale, to walk the campus and Pre Apply/Register for September

Hey :furious: Who move the smileys?? :confused3

Emi & Randy.. You have "officially" been married a month now.. do you believe it?? :eek: How are the Newlyweds??

I've been busy lately.. Work, Getting ready for the weekend in WDW :woohoo: Shopping for MORE furniture at Direct Buy.. the odds and ends that we knew we'd need, oil changes, Dr's and lots of other Real Life issues that just keep me from the Dis :surfweb:

Went to DS's NJ choice college, Brookdale, to walk the campus and Pre Apply/Register for September

Emi & Randy.. You have "officially" been married a month now.. do you believe it?? :eek: How are the Newlyweds??
Brookdale is great! A friend of mine is the comptroller there (at least for now). If your son takes any classes at their Long Branch center, let me know--it's directly across the street from their building. They offer some of their courses here in Long Branch because it's very easy to get here by train and bus.

Have a great time in Florida! I'll be doing fun things like ripping the carpet out of my living room;).

Beth

Hey, my eldest ds got his degree from Brookdale...dh went there too for a bit :).

Thanks Everyone !!! :cool1:

I went to Georgian Court & Ocean County College :teacher: There is also some classes DS can take in Howell.. It's a bit closer the Brookdale.. :thumbsup2

Funniset was when the woman told him NOT to take classes that start at 7am cause his Travel time is almost an hour Plus traffic at that time off the Parkway is Crazy... :headache: DS seemed NOT to have a problem with THAT... He wanted afternoon classes anyway.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter