• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any time that is better to do the rides? We're planning to go on Sept 18th, but we're not really interested in doing the characters or much rides. We only really want to do POTC and HM. We want to see the HalloWishes, parade and any shows that might be on, so is it better to do the rides early or late? Or doesn't it really matter?

Is there any time that is better to do the rides? We're planning to go on Sept 18th, but we're not really interested in doing the characters or much rides. We only really want to do POTC and HM. We want to see the HalloWishes, parade and any shows that might be on, so is it better to do the rides early or late? Or doesn't it really matter?

It shouldn't matter for your party all that much. You will see lines early on so getting FP's would be helpful but there is always a sweet spot that opens up for top attractions and you guessed it, the final hour!

Early on I would do my 3 FP's or meet & greets, grab real food via mobile order get into another M&G line, nail the Magic Shots and other photos until it was time to secure a spot for the parade.
I would watch the first parade, then the fireworks and skip the candy because you can buy the darn stuff when you get home. I would focus on the rides until midnight and catch the last Hocus Pocus show and pick up my SotMK card on my way out!

But that's just me. I don't have a sweet tooth. I'm paying $119 for my party ticket, that's $14.88 per hour! Think about it, that bag of candy that I can get for way less will cost approx. $14.88 NOPE! And I have the dessert package too, not sure which one I'll keep but factoring that in woof! That sugar better be made of gold!

I get more of a tickle watching the littles go trick or treating and amazed by all the costumes that candy is the last thing on my wish list.

I’m up to page 20 on this thread. Once I get up to the current page, I’ll post a more detailed itinerary for October 25 and a more laid back one for October 28. I did have a question.. On October 25, we will enter MK with AP’s around 3:30 and head straight for Jack and Sally. At 4, one of us will go to Frontierland to get their Party band and trick or treat bag. The other will go when the first one returns. Since we will miss the PhotoPass at the front gate of the headless horseman, do I have to make sure to get it taken before midnight, or will 12:10 be alright?

I’m up to page 20 on this thread. Once I get up to the current page, I’ll post a more detailed itinerary for October 25 and a more laid back one for October 28. I did have a question.. On October 25, we will enter MK with AP’s around 3:30 and head straight for Jack and Sally. At 4, one of us will go to Frontierland to get their Party band and trick or treat bag. The other will go when the first one returns. Since we will miss the PhotoPass at the front gate of the headless horseman, do I have to make sure to get it taken before midnight, or will 12:10 be alright?

We got our headless horseman shot on our way out last year and it was after watching the 12:00 Hocus Pocus show so it was definitely after midnight

@FoxC63 I have some FP questions for you. I am staying off property so all my FP will be booked 30 days out. My party is in the middle of the trip. So I will book day by day. I don't necessarily want to book all my days and then go back to book party. I have an AP so don't think I will have any issues. However, My nephew and wife don't so if I book their FP for party, do you think we will have an issue with their FPs?

I have seen using mobile order mentioned for the party. I have a quantity it, as I’ve never users it. Do the restaurants that offer it have a special window set aside just to pick up mobile orders? Does it give you an estimated time of when it will be ready? And do most offer it, or very select few? Thanks for any help!

@FoxC63 I have some FP questions for you. I am staying off property so all my FP will be booked 30 days out. My party is in the middle of the trip. So I will book day by day. I don't necessarily want to book all my days and then go back to book party. I have an AP so don't think I will have any issues. However, My nephew and wife don't so if I book their FP for party, do you think we will have an issue with their FPs?

@MusicalAstronaut just posted she's having issues booking her husbands FP's, she's an AP he isn't as seen here. If you book all your park day FP's first and then go back to book all the party FP's most have not had issues and this is what I recommend. By all I mean you, your wife and nephew. Stay as a group in your MDE account.

I have seen using mobile order mentioned for the party. I have a quantity it, as I’ve never users it. Do the restaurants that offer it have a special window set aside just to pick up mobile orders? Does it give you an estimated time of when it will be ready? And do most offer it, or very select few? Thanks for any help!

Here's a step by step how-to with photos:
https://www.disneytouristblog.com/mobile-ordering-disney-world-tips/

And WDW official list of participating restaurants:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/mobile-food-orders/

I'll add you might not see the area roped off so early, but stay there! Once the CM's come out people will come out from the wood works just to get in that line. Don't be surprised if they ask to see your party wristband either. If you don't have it you might not be able to get in line at all. ;) Your best off getting your wristbands first.

@MusicalAstronaut just posted she's having issues booking her husbands FP's, she's an AP he isn't as seen here. If you book all your park day FP's first and then go back to book all the party FP's most have not had issues and this is what I recommend. By all I mean you, your wife and nephew. Stay as a group in your MDE account.
It seemed to work when I did that. The app/website is still having issues so they aren't showing the same thing...but I'll give it a day and check again under My Plans.

With the first MNSSHP less then 24 days away I've noticed more "Halloweenish" merchandise becoming available. Let's take a look see...

Hocus Pocus

Hocus Pocus Spirit Jersey for Women $59.95
upload_2018-7-24_16-27-24.png

Hocus Pocus T-Shirt for Women $26.95
upload_2018-7-24_16-28-8.png

Hocus Pocus Thackery Binx Tank Top for Women $26.95
upload_2018-7-24_16-28-54.png

Hocus Pocus Faux Leather Bag by Loungefly $64.95
upload_2018-7-24_16-28-36.png

Hocus Pocus T-Shirt for men $24.95
upload_2018-7-24_16-29-6.png

Hocus Pocus Pin Set $16.95
upload_2018-7-24_16-29-16.png

Hocus Pocus Mug $14.95
upload_2018-7-24_16-29-27.png

Hocus Pocus Journal $16.95
upload_2018-7-24_16-29-34.png

All items can be purchased via Shopdisney.
https://www.shopdisney.com/search?query=hocus pocus

NOTE: The above items are NOT party exclusive.
Special thanks to @TISHLOVESDISNEY for posting :thumbsup2

Last year Disney offered a nice selection of MNSSHP Exclusive Hocus Pocus merchandise which was pulled on the first day of the party due to copy right issues.
upload_2018-7-24_16-35-1.png

Personally I wasn't a fan of the old hag images but others who had their heart set on picking up a few items were very disappointed. In terms of Exclusive merchandise if you see something that you like buy it asap. Items do sell out and those who attend the later parties are often left empty handed. Disney has a limit on how many you can purchase and that is set at 10 for the same item. The Exclusive Magicbands are capped no word on what that limit will be this year.

This post has been added to Post #4: Sorcerer of The Magic Kingdom Card & Merchandise
Under "2018 Non Exclusive Halloween Merchandise"

Last edited:
Haunted Mansion - Released July 23, 2018

Youth Baseball Cap $21.99
upload_2018-7-24_16-44-19.png

Plastic Tumblers $17.99
upload_2018-7-24_16-44-30.png

Leota Tombstone $29.99
upload_2018-7-24_16-44-37.png

Mansion Maid Long Shirt $49.99
upload_2018-7-24_16-44-50.png

Ladies Shirt $32.99
upload_2018-7-24_16-46-25.png

Child's Shirt $19.99
upload_2018-7-24_16-46-44.png

Gargoyle Ornament $24.99 / Hitchhiking Ghosts Doom Buggy Ornament $21.99
upload_2018-7-24_16-47-16.png

Mini Ornament Set $24.99
upload_2018-7-24_16-47-24.png

The above items are found at Disney Springs and Magic Kingdom. They are NOT available online at this time.

Thanks to WDW News Today! :thumbsup2
Link: https://wdwnt.com/2018/07/photos-ha...erchandise-follow-you-home-from-disney-parks/

Last year Magic Kingdom stores debuted the Halloween merchandise 5 (five) days prior to the first party :eek:
Link: http://chipandco.com/2017-halloween-merchandise-now-available-walt-disney-world-279210/

This post has been added to Post #4: Sorcerer of The Magic Kingdom Card & Merchandise
Under "2018 Non Exclusive Halloween Merchandise"

Last edited:
What time does the bypass open--is this at 4:00 or at the official start of the party?

More information and photos can be found on: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/page-34#post-59174165"]Post #665[/URL]

Things are going to start picking up speed as we near the first party, all I ask from everyone is to refer to the Main pages of this thread prior to posting questions. I've spent a great deal of time and energy to make this site user friendly and provide you the most accurate and up to date information to help you plan. It's all here, just take the time to look through the pages. Please. :flower3: Also anything new and confirmed will be posted in RED, making it easier to spot.

Lastly, the new posts regarding Merchandise that I just posted above have been added to:
[URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989838"]Post #4: Sorcerer of The Magic Kingdom Card & Merchandise“[/URL].

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter