“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any opinions on which parade time? We will be attending the first party, it will be our only park day on a 9 Night resort hopping trip so we'd like to try to get as much done as possible in the short party time.

Any opinions on which parade time? We will be attending the first party, it will be our only park day on a 9 Night resort hopping trip so we'd like to try to get as much done as possible in the short party time.
I usually recommend the second parade, as it’s generally less crowded than the first. However, that also eats away your last hour of party time, when lines for characters and rides go down as well. Depending on your priorities, it may make sense to catch the first parade and use that last hour to it’s fullest potential.

After confirmation of entertainment and parade times I opted for the first parade and changed my whole itinerary. I decided to watch the parade as far away from the hub as I can, so not to be stuck waiting behind it in order to accomplish more during the last hours of the party.

After confirmation of entertainment and parade times I opted for the first parade and changed my whole itinerary. I decided to watch the parade as far away from the hub as I can, so not to be stuck waiting behind it in order to accomplish more during the last hours of the party.
Yes, we are doing the same thing. We usually watch from Town Square but we will watch from Frontierland this year so we aren't wasting valuable party time just waiting on the parade.

How are the fireworks from Frontierland? Is it feasible to watch first parade in Frontierland, then stay there for fireworks?

It is possible but your view will be limited. And for anyone doing two parties I recommend getting the best view possible at the first party and on the second party skip it and make really great use of this time for rides/Trick or Treat/Characters.

By watching the first parade in Frontierland or Liberty Square you'll have plenty of time to find a nice spot on Main Street to watch the fireworks. So let's work this out...

8:45 - 9:35 Parade at 9:15
9:35 - 10:30 Fireworks at 10:15

If you watch the parade between Country Bear Jamboree and Frontier Mercantile (magenta dots) there is a breezeway that will give you access into Adventureland.

upload_2018-7-20_23-29-50.png

As seen. Walk through and make your way to Main Street.

upload_2018-7-20_23-33-35.png

Do you see the magenta dot? This is where you should be after crossing over. Now, work your way towards Main Street. You'll have a few choices but go with whatever has the least crowd.

upload_2018-7-20_23-40-51.png

The further back the better the view.

upload_2018-7-20_23-46-44.png

By watching the first parade in Frontierland or Liberty Square you'll have plenty of time to find a nice spot on Main Street to watch the fireworks. So let's work this out...

If you watch the parade between Country Bear Jamboree and Frontier Mercantile (magenta dots) there is a breezeway that will give you access into Adventureland.

View attachment 338348

View attachment 338349

Do you see the magenta dot? This is where you should be after crossing over. Now, work your way towards Main Street. You'll have a few choices but go with whatever has the least crowd.

View attachment 338350

View attachment 338351
I don’t think I’ll ever be able to thank you enough for all the tips and tricks you’ve shared with everyone on this thread!

There’s even time to grab a few more candies, as there will be two candy trail, a dole while and a specialty snack if you use this path, according to last year’s map! This is amazing and I’ve copied it all to my planner! Thank you!

Dreaded FastPass Email - 2018

In 2017 @Queen of the WDW Scene created “Who has had their last day of FP+ cancelled?” thread. It was quite controversial, time consuming and exhausting. In the end she believed it was caused by "people that had made contact with Disney to modify their reservations." but what exactly does that entail?

These resort changes have been confirmed for causing FP issues:
  • If you had two resort reservations at the same time and canceled one of them.
  • If you made a resort reservation and changed to a different resort.
  • If you “modified” your resort reservation including adding a person or changing your date of travel.
Does the FP issue happen to everyone who makes these changes?
Unknown. Many DISers don’t report what happens to them.

When should you make your FP’s before or after you make your resort changes?
Unknown. It’s not your FP’s that are being flagged it’s your MDE account. I recommend you get your reservation in order then take care of your FP’s.

What else can we do?
Try booking your FP’s on park day ticket (s) first, then go back and book FP’s on your party ticket.

If you receive the “Dreaded Email” cancel your Party FP’s immediately and call WDW Tech Support (407) 939-4357. I do NOT recommend calling any other department nor using WDW online “chat”, they cannot help you.

If you’re at WDW, go to the Lobby Concierge at your resort. For non-resort guests, you’ll have to go to Guest Relations located at any park entrance.

One thing is for certain, You will have to monitor your emails and MDE account daily until your trip is completed.

What other options do you have?
  • If you haven’t purchased your party ticket, open a new account under your spouse’s name, using their cell number and email address. Note, you will only be able to book FP’s at 30 days out and when entering Magic Kingdom you will need to scan your party ticket and not your Magicband.
  • Purchase another park day ticket which will give you FP’s at 60 days out with your resort stay. You have better options here including getting into the park earlier and using more FP’s until 6pm. However, the costume rule still applies to adults. The earliest I’ve entered was 3pm in full costume with an 3:20 ADR.
Currently there are six fellow DISers who have come forward on the MNSSHP threads to share with us what they are now going through, their posts can be found on Dreaded FastPass Email - 2018 Post #11 where you can also stay informed.

There are a few fellow DISers I'm concerned for:
@firsttimer4 , @ArielSRL , @LoganBrown1990 and @scrappinginontario because we simply don't have enough data, but we're getting close and we need each other to resolve this.

What we are learning is how this is impacting other special events like MVMCP and most recently DAH and lets not forget @lorilclevelandrn who lost TWO days of FP's!

What it looks like: The Dreaded Email - Post #977

Please show our friends some respect and support.

Last edited:

Keep an eye on the weather.

Last year we opted to watch the second parade instead of the first one, but it started to rain before the second parade. We still enjoyed the parade in the rain, but we missed out on the headless horseman who rode in the first parade that evening.

Hmm. Going along with the FP and reservation change, wonder if that includes people renting DVC points? We, for instance, rent from an awesome guy and he always gets what nights we want and waitlisted is for what he can’t. These usually come through and so he adds them to our reservations. Our FP selection will be coming up in a couple of weeks and just trying to think it through!

Hmm. Going along with the FP and reservation change, wonder if that includes people renting DVC points? We, for instance, rent from an awesome guy and he always gets what nights we want and waitlisted is for what he can’t. These usually come through and so he adds them to our reservations. Our FP selection will be coming up in a couple of weeks and just trying to think it through!

DVC Points, that would be new news to me! Is it through personal ownership or like Dave's Vacation rentals? You have me completely stumped!

View attachment 338348

View attachment 338349

View attachment 338350

View attachment 338351

This is such a great suggestion!! Thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter