£v$ hits 4 month high.

Got a text from mum and dad this morning (they're in Florida) - they noticed it had gone above $1.50 so they're off to the outlets today :banana:

hi...

just ordered our US dollars from crown currency online got a cash rate of 1.4963 ...
but if you dont need them untill june/july you can get a rate today of 1.5200 not bad at all...

Fairfx has reached the 1.50 mark! Woohoo! Now I just need it to stay like that for a few weeks and I'll be happy! lol

I have a full and complete understanding, when I need to pay for soemthing it will be low and when I don't it will be high :lmao:

Here's your mate... We buy a house, market crashes. We book a holiday, exchange rates plummet. I've just learned to live with it. :rotfl:

I've got no idea on how these things work, but I normally look at the £v$ rate every couple of days but I had no idea it was increasing that much, I got most of my dollars last year when the rate was at its best, I don't go until July, so probably will hold off getting more $$ !

x

Here's your mate... We buy a house, market crashes. We book a holiday, exchange rates plummet. I've just learned to live with it. :rotfl:

It could be worse, you could have tied yourself into a five year fixed rate mortagage a couple of months before the market crashed :sad2:

We bought ours Monday on our fairfx card at $147!! knew it would go up after we bought them!:mad:

It could be worse, you could have tied yourself into a five year fixed rate mortagage a couple of months before the market crashed :sad2:

We did... :eek: Friend and I were comparing mortgages at the weekend - she's only just got hers. Lets just say she bought the rest of the drinks that day.

I know its amazing what the market is like we are looking at buying and have been for months and i've seen some on there still that were on last year. We have been watching a really nice five bedroom house with its own land being built and thought that when it went up(private builder) it would be £300000 so thought no chance its just under £200,000 so with sale of dbf's current house( all paid off) we could afford the mortgage of £100,000ish hopefully we are seeing an adviser at weekend about it.

Fairfx $1.5 just now. :) Hoping for an increase.

Islandmum.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

We want $2 to the £1. We got it in July 07, it was wonderful

Steve

I wonder if we (by we, I mean all the Brits travelling to the US this year) could start a rumour on the internet to the point where the Dollar collapsed against the pound.

Steve:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

d'oh! just as it was looking hopeful it would continue heading up, the BoE go and announce more QE and the rate slumps again! :(

back to 1.50s now :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter