£1000 to spend on solo trip, where would you go?

:rotfl2: that's so funny, go on holiday, get a husband!
I do know what you mean though about the staff travel bargains - too many and too little time!
I've had good single adventures through Wildlife Worldwide, Explore, Exodus, GAP adventures etc

actually - try GAP their 8 day sailing adventure departing 26th august, trip code GVA08 price £380 plus flight and local payment.
www.gapadventures.com

I know what you mean about single supplements, they wipe you out sometimes :Pinkbounc Italy may be the way to go, I've always wanted to see Rome and Venice, so i may investigate a train pass, accomodation is very expensive though, will keep searching, thanks again for all your wonderful ideas :thumbsup2

Have you thought about the Youth Hostelling Association? cheap accom and sometimes in very beautiful buildings?

Carol, that site is great, very affordable mini-adventures. I'm going to explore it properly, thanks so much :goodvibes

I agree that the ocean village is a great ship - (I took Callum on it last year) but we spent a fortune on extras as there was so many exciting excursions to do in every port and the drinks/fine dining extras added up to. Also it was VERY much a family cruise, in the height of august I can't imagine anything worse than cruising by yourself surrounded by families with children

I also did the train thing around italy - great holiday.

I stopped in youth hostels including one run by nuns in venice. just beware - I nicked my leg shaving in the showers and you know blood in water - looks far more than it really is - needless to say all the nuns came running in - whipped the shower curtain back to find me finishing my other leg! :rotfl2:

They thought I was committing suicide! At least we all had a laugh about it afterwards!

fabulous holiday though - I loved Italy!

:rotfl: :rotfl: poor you, I don't know who would have been more traumatised after that :teeth:

I've had another idea :rolleyes: I could use some of my Virgin miles and get a cheap airfare to LA ( quote is £436.90) and see Disneyland, Universal and Knotts Berry Farm. I've put in a request with Dreams Unlimited and had a look round the Disneyland board to get a feel for it. Anyway, will let you know how I get on.
I don't know, I try to stay away from Disney for a year and I just can't do it :confused3

fizz13 said:
:rotfl: :rotfl: poor you, I don't know who would have been more traumatised after that :teeth:

I've had another idea :rolleyes: I could use some of my Virgin miles and get a cheap airfare to LA ( quote is £436.90) and see Disneyland, Universal and Knotts Berry Farm. I've put in a request with Dreams Unlimited and had a look round the Disneyland board to get a feel for it. Anyway, will let you know how I get on.
I don't know, I try to stay away from Disney for a year and I just can't do it :confused3

Now that sounds like an idea, Hollywood, the beaches and even San Diego plenty to do for 7 days :)

Claire ;)

Hi

Great idea Claire. Love it. Let us know how you get on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter