£/$ exchange rate

if the subprime market eruopts in the usa,and todays bad housing numbers point to this.the $ might go into freefall ,good news for us tourists but bad news for the ecconomy
Paulh

if your tinking they will stay high get a nationwide cc/debit cardthen you will get the bank rate not the tourist rate
Paulh

Good advice. We used our Nationwide credit card when we were there in April and got over $2 to the £1 on some transactions.

Julie

Just got $1.98 from a new branch that has just opened in our town called Eurochange not sure if they are based UK wide but would expect so as we are normally last to get anything.

Crowncurrency are offering a rate of 2.05 when we go in May 2008 :)

I'm undecided whether to buy £500 of $ now or leave the cash in the bank until we go :confused3

Crowncurrency are offering a rate of 2.05 when we go in May 2008 :)

I'm undecided whether to buy £500 of $ now or leave the cash in the bank until we go :confused3

No way would I give my money to someone I dont know for so long. You would lose interest and maybe miss a better rate next year.
Always a gamble when to change money. I solved it by never bothering. Just accept whatever Nationwide Credit card gives me. Worked in my favour about 9 times out of 10 so far, saved £100's comapred to exchanging money.

No way would I give my money to someone I dont know for so long. You would lose interest and maybe miss a better rate next year.
Always a gamble when to change money. I solved it by never bothering. Just accept whatever Nationwide Credit card gives me. Worked in my favour about 9 times out of 10 so far, saved £100's comapred to exchanging money.

I'm trying to convince myself to hang on, use my NW cc etc but like the idea of tying up loose ends :upsidedow

No doubt common sense will get the better of me (it, usually, does ;) ) so I'll hold fire and keep my fingers crossed :thumbsup2

Thomas Cook are selling at 1.96 today...if you buy £500 worth. not brilliant but better than 1.93. Stick with the Nationwide DD or CC. You get proper exchange rate..not tourist rates!

Just back at the week end and I used me Nationwide Credit Card for just about everything. I got just over $2 to the £1 on all of the transactions. I think that was pretty good.:thumbsup2

Just been looking how the rate has gone up in the past year, Last July it was just over $1.80 now well over $2. Wonder if we are anywhere near the peak or will it continue rising? So glad I am not one for buying Dollars when I book.

Just received my NationWide credit card statement and received a rate of 2.01 and 2.02 for our Universal and WDW tickets :woohoo:

Off to pay the balance in the morning ;)

Just been looking how the rate has gone up in the past year, Last July it was just over $1.80 now well over $2. Wonder if we are anywhere near the peak or will it continue rising? So glad I am not one for buying Dollars when I book.

Looks like i t will stay above $2 for most of the year(watch it crash now)some watchers say it will go over $2.05 before slipping back they reckon it will be about $1.97-$2.01 year end
Paulh

I got a rate of 2.025 with Crown Currency a couple of months ago. I'm still happy with that as I got more than going on the High Street. From what I've read and heard I probably wouldn't get a NW card or a PO card so I'm always looking for the best deal. When I checked a couple of days ago the PO were giving the best exchange rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter