• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Zone 8 veggies

marydmjj

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know when to plant vegetables outside in zone 8? I have starts going in the garage and bunches of seeds. I would hate to jump the gun but I'm getting antsy!

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy:

Good morning, Mary. :)

I was going to direct you to Dixie's post about the spring push, especially this part,
"The vegetable garden is rototilled, and the onions, spinach, lettuce, and tomatoes (in wall of water protectors) are planted. I also planted out 10 canes of Heritage raspberries in the back section of the garden. "

but I just read your new thread, and realized you already got started planting! :)

I know you two could be hundreds of miles apart, but if Dixie has started planting, I'd say go for it!!! :)

Snowwark: Dixie is on the other side of the Cascade Mtns. She gets hot summer & cold winter. I get cool and wet winter & mild summer. Either way, I think you are right because she most likely freezes more than I do. I also checked humeseeds.com which is a local seed company. He has a monthly to do calendar on his site and it listed what cool season veggies to plant. Fortunately most of mine that I started were cool season so I was able to plant them out. My neighbor has a bunch of raspberry canes sprouting up that I'm going to transplant soon. I'm also planning on beans, tomatoes & squash when it warms up a bit. Can't wait to get a taste of home grown veggies!

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter