Ziplock Bags for Liquids

T16GEM

<font color=blue>I must have a funnel cake when I'
Do the airport give you the bags that you need for the liquids or is it best to take your own?

Sorry if this has been asked previously!

Flew from East Midlands a few week back and they have stopped giving them away. They now have vending machines where you can buy them cost was 50p but dont know how many for, could be each.
I would expect other airports to have gone the same way by now, or very soon.

Flew from East Midlands a few week back and they have stopped giving them away. They now have vending machines where you can buy them cost was 50p but dont know how many for, could be each.
I would expect other airports to have gone the same way by now, or very soon.

Blimey that seems a bit steep! I shall make sure that I take my own then!

When we were leaving Sanford airport a couple of weeks ago I realised the moisturising spray I had put in my hand luggage came into the category of having to be put in a ziplock bag which I didn't have. I asked the lady operating the hand luggage conveyor thingy if she could put it in the bin for me and she very kindly went away and got a ziplock bag for me and said sssh so I assume they no longer "give" them away now.

Not sure about other airports but Belfast Internation Airport now have machines which you have to buy the ziplock bags- 4 for a £1!! Total rip off but you have to buy them if you want on with you liquid. Plus they are very specific about the size of the bag so if you bring your own make sure it's the correct size.

when I went to paris last month I used a sandwhich bag which could be sealed down, I did not see anyone giving them out at the Airport.

i flew out to sanford from gatwick 2 weeks ago, they give you bags there but on the return at sanford they dont so try and save the one you are given before departure as you have to bin everything if you dont have one, also all liquids have to be 100ml or less, no drinks etc over 100ml.
hope this helps!

Just a question, if i buy the small bottle of coke in the duty free shops, do we still have to put them in these bags?

No because you have already gone thru the security scanners at this point. You can take onborad whatever you buy in the airport shops.
You would not get a bottle of coke thru the scanners even in bag they are all more than 100ml. so you have to buy in airport:goodvibes

I went to spain last week and I got a correctly measured transparent pencil case for my make up.

When we got to Luton mine was no good (I assume because it had a coloured zip) and we had to buy 4 for £1. A woman was going mad because she didn't have the change for the vending machine.

I now have the bags for my forthcoming trip in August.

Susan

Found this site on t'internet:

http://www.captainbags.com/q-20-x-20-air-travel/cat_10.html

10 bags for 0.73p

25 bags for £1.74

Captain bags are GREAT! I have posted their link in another thread, I ordered some larger bags to pack outfits in and they sent me a pack of different sized ziplock bags and some airport size bags for free, I got my order 24 hours after placing it too!! Highly recommend them :thumbsup2:

I think the size of the bags are 20cm x 20cm HTH?

thanks! Just had a look at that website and they are very good, I haven't got my credit card with me today but I will be ordering tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter