Ziplock bag packing question

**pixiedust**

Mouseketeer
I really want to pack in Ziplock baggies for our next trip. :lmao: But after the clothes are worn and dirty, do you put them back in the bag, or do you just repack the suitcase with the dirty clothes in the regular way? I may or may not do laundry this trip, but I was just wondering how you all brought the dirty clothes home.

If you dont like the idea of doing laundry on vaca, and dont mind having to wash everything when you get home (how many days?), then dont do it. I drive up. and keep a box of trash bags for the dirty and wet clothes (1 for each) until I wash. My next trip will be 8 nights, and I imagine I'll wash twice. I feel so dirty if I dont get it done 2x a week. But to each his own. If flying, just toss the dirty clothes back in the suitcase, and lysol/ air out the bag when you get home if it gets smelly :rolleyes1

Trash bags are a wonderful thing. When I'm a counselor at summer camp, I can't do laundry all week, so the trash bags stay inside my suitcase and get filled with dirty clothes. (Wet towels, swimsuits or rain-drenched clothes in one, and if I'm feeling particular good, :rolleyes: I use 1 trash bag for light colors and 1 for darks so that when I head to the laundromat on my day off I can just dump the trash bag into a washer.)

Just wondering how do you pack in ziplock baggies? What size do you use? I have heard of this but not sure how it is done. Do you fit shirt/pants/undies in one baggie per day?

I only use Ziploc baggies for my underwear and socks. I just hate the idea of someone touching those if my bag get's searched at the airport! A gallon size works great for a long trip, I just push all the air out before I close the bag. When I go home, I shove my dirty socks into my shoes (I don't care if they touch my socks now!) and then use the baggies for wet bathing suit, shampoo/conditioner and anything I don't want to get ruined.

I've had clients pack their kids clothes in large baggies too...they put a full day outfit (shirt, shorts, underwear and socks) in a baggie so the kid's can "pick" their own clothes for the day and not have to worry about hunting for that lost sock or whatnot.

Personally I like the trash bag idea too. :-) But sort on vacation?!? :lmao:

I agree with you yellowfish, ziplock bags are the way to go, especially to pack your underwear and other things you wouldn't want anyone else to touch when searched a t the airport. I thought I was the only person that did this because some of my friends think its funny. The bags also keep folded t-shirts looking nicer. When doing my pre-vacation laundry, I just take whatever I need out of the dryer and into a zip bag then stick them in my suitcase. It also makes it easy to transfer things out of your suitcase and into drawers. For coming home I like storing dirty clothes in the new large size ziplock bags because they seem to be a little flatter and easier to pack in a suitcase.

I also pack with ziplocs. I don't want to get to the hotel & have to wash everything because I'm afraid of who touched them. Once the clothes are dirty, they just go into the suitcase. I air the bag out when I return home & use Febreeze on it. :thumbsup2

We ise zip lock bags too, but we also pack a duffle bag (flat on the way down) and fill it up with dirty clothes for the trip back. More room for Disney stuff in the suit cases on the way back and the dirty clothes duffle bag goes right into the laundry room.

Can't have too many zip lock bags on vacation. :teeth:

dumby said:
Just wondering how do you pack in ziplock baggies? What size do you use? I have heard of this but not sure how it is done. Do you fit shirt/pants/undies in one baggie per day?

I use the 2 1/2 gallon bags (you can get them at Walmart, Target etc.) :goodvibes . Sometimes I just use one for my socks/undies, one for DH's sock/undies, etc. to make it easier with packing and unpacking and not having to rummage for the small pieces of clothing. Sometimes I also do an entire co-ordinated outfit (shirt,shorts, socks, undies, hair ties, etc.) in one bag for easy grabbing, especially if I have something I particularly want for a specific park or restaurant. It makes it easier for everyone (and by everyone I mean ME!:rotfl2: since everyone's clothes are apparently my job:lmao: )Less time spent looking and deciding, just grab it and get ready since we're always on the run.
I've also seen commercials for the 2X & 3X sized bags, but I have yet to see then in any store near me. :confused3

:dumbo::smickey:

SomePixiedust said:
I use the 2 1/2 gallon bags (you can get them at Walmart, Target etc.) :goodvibes . Sometimes I just use one for my socks/undies, one for DH's sock/undies, etc. to make it easier with packing and unpacking and not having to rummage for the small pieces of clothing. Sometimes I also do an entire co-ordinated outfit (shirt,shorts, socks, undies, hair ties, etc.) in one bag for easy grabbing, especially if I have something I particularly want for a specific park or restaurant. It makes it easier for everyone (and by everyone I mean ME!:rotfl2: since everyone's clothes are apparently my job:lmao: )Less time spent looking and deciding, just grab it and get ready since we're always on the run.
I've also seen commercials for the 2X & 3X sized bags, but I have yet to see then in any store near me. :confused3

:dumbo::smickey:

Thanks. I looked at our Wal-Mart yesterday and found the 2 1/2 gallon bags. They also had the 1x 2x and 3x sizes but they were expensive. I think like 3-4 bags for 5.96.

I use ziplocs for my shampoo, toothpaste and stuff that could make a mess in the suitcase. I bring garbage bags for dirty clothes and also an extra duffle bag for souveniers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter