Zipade Doo Dah - a sad read

stevechase

WDW 2012
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0059934/bio

Have a quick read of this, is Uncle Reamus from Song Of The South, he got the first black acadamy award and couldnt even get an hotel room.

That is really sad, an historic figure at Disney being the first live actor they used. I am surprised that this has not been recognised since.

Steve

yes Steve, very sad, I'd like to say that at least times have changed and at least to some part they certainly have. I really enjoyed song of the south and although I can see why it would upset some people I do believe it was made with good intentions.

I remember watching 'Song of The South' as a child and managed to buy a copy on E-Bay several years ago :sunny:

The story certainly made you give thought to previous racist events but DD (5 at the time) thoroughly enjoyed watching it and it gave rise to a very thought provoking, moralistic conversation about Racism afterwards :)

I thought I'd heard rumblings that it was being re-released?

Will need to keep an eye out for it ~ Never seen it.

It was actually on the Disney Channel about 7 years ago. I wish I'd recorded it now.

Maybe we ought to start a campaign to get Disney to release it on DVD.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Disney had finally relented to Disney fan pressure and would release SOTS with some extras that would allow the black American position to be explained. Uncle Reamus is a fabulous character :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter