Yucca plants- how to get rid of them?!?!?!

lanicastro

Earning My Ears
Dh and I bought my grandparents house 4 years ago, and I have been working on bringing the flowerbeds back up to "Grandma's standards" and I need help. She had a yucca that has overtaken a flowerbed and I cannot get rid of it!!! It is in a part sun/part shade bed that I am trying to revamp, and it just doensn't fit into my plans. I have been battling this monster for 3 years. I have dug it out every year but it keeps coming back. I have dug down a foot into the ground and still cannot get to the bottom of the root. Is there anything that I can put on the root to kill it off? It is in a bed right next to a cement walkway and I can't get down any furter to try and dig out the rest of the roots. On a positive note- this one Yucca of grandma's has given me close to 20 new Yuccas which are taking up space in a sunny raised bed that I haven't had time to do much with. They fill it up nicely and don't make it look like I abandoned it! Anyone need any Yuccas????

Thanks, Lynn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter