Yourride was a no-show

mommyto3

Mouseketeer
After all the great reviews about Yourride, we decided to use them. Well, we get to the airport.....and no Yourride. As soon as the plane landed we went straight to baggage claim, no bathroom break, no shopping. I walk up and down baggage claim 3 times and there was nobody there to pick us up.

We called to find out why nobody was there to pick us up and at first it was "our" mistake until my husband gave them our confirmation number, then it turned into "oh yeah, well I spoke to the driver and he said he had the party of five".....well partner, it wasn't OUR party of five.

Anyway, we won't be using Yourride in the future.

That is terrible! Did they finally send someone for you or did you have to make other arrangements?

Oh dear...that must have been very upsetting....I hope you were able to make new arrrangements quickly....

We were fortunate, another car service offered us a ride. I must have looked desperate walking up and down baggage claim looking for someone standing with a sign with our name, because he walked over and asked if we needed a ride. So after ONE more search, and 15 more minutes for Yourride, we let him take us to our hotel.

So even though a disappointment with Yourride, it didn't put a damper on our trip.

So sorry about your bad experience with YourRide. We used them on July 29 and again this morning for the return trip. Both times they were right on time and everything was great. I'd certainly use them again and recommend them again.
Glad you were able to salvage your vacation!

mommyto2
So who was the other car services? Did they do a good job? What was their rate compared to what you would have paid yourride?
thanks

I used YourRide last year, and they 'forgot' to pick us up at the WL to go back to MCO. After we called frantically for almost an hour, they sent us a dirty taxi-van with a driver who wasn't paying any attention to the rode - never again for me! I'm looking into another service for our next trip in October. I was thinking about FL Tours.

Sorry it happened to you too!

That stinks! I'm glad you were able to find other transportation.

What an awful way to start your vacation! Would you mind saying who the car service was that kindly took you to your destination?

These stories scare me as I have Yourride booked for the first time in December. I have used Tiffany in the past with no problems and now I am not sure whether or not I should just stick with them!

I hope the rest of your vacation turned out just as you planned it!

Kim, you might want to call Thom at Yourride and discuss your concerns. We were very pleased last week with both trips to and from the airport. I hate that it happened to someone but I guess mistakes do happen. He was sure "Johnny-on-the-spot" for us!

Same thing happened to me with Tiffany, and when I tried to call no one answered the phone. I was traveling with my DS who has special needs alone so I was in a real panic, I couldn't push his chair, carry luggage, and make calls. Someone had pity on me as well.

I posted on the boards when I got back to warn people to have back up, and got totally flamed. Seems that they were saying all kinds of cut throat tactics are used to get business, and it probably wasn't Tiffany's fault.

I say have a back up plan anyway.

So, do they check your confirmation when you show up, or could someone without a reservation just walk up and claim to be "mommyto3 - party of five?"

Sorry to hear about the poor start to your trip.

Originally posted by crisi
So, do they check your confirmation when you show up, or could someone without a reservation just walk up and claim to be "mommyto3 - party of five?"

Sorry to hear about the poor start to your trip.

You're correct, you really could claim to be someone else. :(

You could claim to be someone else, but the driver is supposed to know your destinations. If someone tried to take your ride, I would hope that a driver would notice that the party and destinations did not match with the reservations and ask for ID. At least, I would HOPE so.:D

Just playing Devil's Advocate here on what really could and easily happen --
I know with YourRide they (Jim ;) ) waits at the bottom of the esculator with a sign with our name.
Yes anyone could walk up and say We are So-and-So. (By now Jim knows us. But if he didn't.....)
And luck could have it the imposters ;) meet the requests of the scheduled cutomer.
Our driver has always asked to verify where we are going. If the destination isn't what they were told, they probably wouldn't think a lot of it. People change their plans all the time. Wrong info could be provided.
Seems strange anyone would do that. But we have all seen things we can't believe someone else would do. ;)
Even if a credit card was used and the customer names didn't match, the driver wouldn't know it until drop off and still might not connect it. (Family member, wrong info provided, whatever)

I REALLY sympathize with your plight and glad it worked out. That was a lousy, stressful start to a great trip.
We have used YourRide in the past. (The only town car service we have used.)
We are confirmed with them in a few weeks. It's just the two of us, so I am not too concerned.
I just hope for the same good service Jim provided in the past. I was told Jim still is with YourRide, and they will try to work it so he picks us up.

Hopefully YourRide will provide a better apology, a more firm explanation and a large discount if you book them again.

Just to be sure I always call Thom at yourride the day before our flight to double check our pickup time and so far no problems. Using yourride again this Oct for 4 different pickup times as family comes in. You could also tell Thom to note at pickup that the driver verify your name on the card

crystal,

That seems to be what happened to the OP. Sounds as if the driver did have A party of five, just not THE party of five. I would think that even if the hotel didn't match up, if the destination was the Disney area, the driver might not question, although they should.

And it doesn't mean anyone took the towncar on purpose...they might have made the same mistake. Names on the sign could have been similar or even the same if the name is a common name.

I am sorry that they didn't get a better response from Yourride though. If the driver picked up the wrong party, they should still make alternate arrangements...that is just good customer service.

I've been away from the computer for a couple of days, sorry for the late reply.

I received an e-mail from Yourride explaining what happened. Some family claiming to be "our" family got our van. The driver realized something was wrong when they declined the grocery stop (which we requested) and asked to be brought to a different hotel than the one we were staying at. Ect...ect...

First let me start off by saying......I truly understand that this could happen and Yourride wasn't at fault for being duped by the "lying" family. I think maybe the transportation companies should ask customers for some sort of identification to solve this problem.

My problem was the way it was handled when we called to find out why no one was there at the airport to pick us up. Like I said, at first it was "our" mistake, until my husband provided our confirmation number. Then it was "well, sorry but my driver says he has a family of five." There was no apology or even an offer to send another driver to get us.

So while it wasn't Yourride's fault about the lying family claiming to be us, they definately could have shown some concern for the family "left behind".

Anyway, all water under the bridge. We had a great time and none of this put a damper on our trip.

Padre Disney and Chip126, I "think" the other company was Signature Transportation. I know this is terrible, but I didn't really ask too many questions, I was just happy to get a ride. Our drivers name was Joe and he was very nice. He said he would accept what ever we had agreed to pay Yourride. We asked him to pick us up for our departure and gave him the date and time. We paid him for the round trip, and basically had to go on blind faith that he would pick us up. We paid cash and had no receipt, so Joe could have been a "no - show" and we would have had no proof we paid for anything. But Joe arrived 15 minutes early and got us to the airport with no problems. Thank you Joe!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter