you're offered $25k to permanently move to the home directly opposite you would you accept?

No we love our townhouse most of the others would be the same inside with different furniture. We are on an end and have a bay window.

Absolutely. They have the exact same size house as ours, however they have the best of everything. It’s probably the nicest house in a our neighborhood. They just redid the kitchen, ripping everything out and changing out the entire layout. They finished the entire basement. They also have a what I like to call the playboy mansion pool. It is gorgeous. The only downside to their house is a one car garage vs our two(no room to expand it).

Dh would not make that deal though. Their pool takes up quite a large chunk of their yard and he is all about outdoor space to play. They also have a very open concept and took down a bunch of walls to open up the main floor. He is a fan of having rooms sectioned off so he would say no way.

There are no houses across from us....just a huge cornfield. I would not move to the houses on either side of us as they're both much smaller than ours and about 20 years older than ours. Same with the house that's behind us (but it's about 1/2 mile behind us...beyond a field). The $25K wouldn't be enough money to do anything substantial to any of those homes. Plus, we just put an addition on our home, so I'd like to enjoy that new space for a few years.

Absolutely. Living in it would be equally as depressing. The $25k would get me 1/4 of the down payment on a house and reduce the time I need to save.

Umm, yes. It's a giant mansion with 2 people living in it while my family of 6 is cheerfully squeezed into a house half the size. You wouldn't even need to pay me.

I just looked on Zillow, it’s estimated to be valued at $300,000 more than my house, I’ll take it.

Yes in a heartbeat. Beautiful home and on riverfront property! We’re across the street from the riverfront lots and often regret not building on the river side but those properties were too expensive for us back then!

Nah, it's probably worth that much less than mine. My house is a bit larger and has a bit more land.

Nope. The lady that lived in the house just moved out when her husband died at least 10 years ago so its been deteriorating. Not real sure why she never just put it up for sale. I called code enforcement on her 4 or 5 years ago cause of crap in the driveway. On a plus note she did clean all that up. Plus the house sits behind a bunch of trees so you really can't see it. I forget its there half the time

Although it is a bigger house with lots of renovations there is not much yard at all. I like having a big yard. So no.

Yep. They have done many upgrades/renovations/upkeep through the years. Theirs is total brick while ours is mostly hardy plank with some brick. Their driveway is practically flat while ours is uphill, which means we can't even bring our RV to the house even for the day to work on it or pack it, we could there. (can't leave it parked there because of dumb HOA rules) They have a new roof, we need a new roof. They back up to the pond, we can see it from our upstairs (we can also see the pond behind us since it's in a field but I'd trade).

HECK NO! In 2019 the house was foreclosed on and a flipper bought it. When he went in he found the skeleton of a man who had died 10 years earlier. His brother had lived with the corpse all that time and just left when the house was foreclosed. He didn't get charged with anything when they found him. The house was in such bad shape that they had to pretty much gut the whole thing I have no idea if the young couple living there now knows or not.

There mare two directly across from me. I probably would as they both have a fireplace and I do not. I have not been in the other houses but I'm guessing my model was the smallest model, so my answer is yes.

Nope! Not enough money to convince me to move. They have the same number of bedrooms, one additional powder room, a smaller kitchen, no pool, and no garage.

We actually viewed their house before we toured ours when we were house hunting. Their house is nice, but ours is home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter