Your View On Cute Or Boot.

Imagineer_Tech

Always And Forever ~ illusionistic
I played a game of it today. I actually found that the remarks and comments now actually hurt. And it's not longer owner to player, people can vote and comment about you adding to the pain. In virtual worlds no one cares about feelings.

I've never actually learned how to play cute or boot, in all of my 2 years of playing VMK. I wouldn't say that it feels like any part of my virtual life is missing because of it. From what you said, I'm glad I never tried.

I don't play often because the prizes are usually not to good. But, I'm not very surprised to hear this because of the attitude of some of the in-game players.I'm very sorry to hear this, ill.

These weren't guests or new players. These were people you heard of but you knew with everything the word it aims to hurt.

I have never participated in a cute or boot game because I believe that there cannot be objective judgement in it, and usually the people with the rarest items make the outstanding impression, which, I think, should not be the purpose of the game.

However, throughout my time playing vmk I have happened to watch some games and let me tell you I was sad and appalled by the way owners treated most players.

Honestly, I like match the hat best.

Not sure why you would even play a game like that, the title alone is expected to hurt someone's feelings. Playing a game like that your only asking for some hurt.

I played it before.

Some people are snobby, others are.. strange.

It's funny how people cry and complain they lost and they beg for items:laughing:

When I first started VMK in February 2007, Cute or Boot was a fun game that I played (never expected to win, and don't remember winning lol) and often hosted. Of course, when I hosted, people were surprised that I actually gave out the prize.... @_@

Just 15 months later, Cute or Boot has turned (more so) into Cute or Insult. It's not nice, really, and even playing for fun seems not so fun.

- Sugar

Lost interest when the full COLORS game out,

no creativity in there to I get called out for boot or watch when I wear a completely different look yet other's wear full costumes and get cute lol.

Oh well

i played it a few times the first year of vmk, BUT i played to lose lol...i liked to dress as awful as i could and watch the insults fly, it was pretty funny and ridiculous....you have to go into that game believing it is a big joke, it's much funner that way...i never saw losing as hurtful, my skin is wayyy too thick to be poked by a virtual "beauty" contest lol....

hey, i'm not ugly i'm just drawn that way!! :rotfl:

i played it a few times the first year of vmk, BUT i played to lose lol...i liked to dress as awful as i could and watch the insults fly, it was pretty funny and ridiculous....you have to go into that game believing it is a big joke, it's much funner that way...i never saw losing as hurtful, my skin is wayyy too thick to be poked by a virtual "beauty" contest lol....

hey, i'm not ugly i'm just drawn that way!! :rotfl:

I tried to do that,

for some reason I won

One time my friend opened up a cute or boot game, and she asked me to come. I'm sure I hadn't played cute or boot in over a YEAR. I didn't play, and I respected how my friend would instead of saying "That is ugly. Boot." she would say "I'm so sorry. I think you look nice though! Would you like to stay and watch and try next round?" I thought it was sweet for her saying it that nicely. While they played a game of "serious" cute or boot, me and my friend were goofing off dressing up in the colors and sneaking in the empty seats for a laugh. Good times, good times.:-)

Anyone remember the game "Colors"? That one seemed to lose popularity after the first year or so.

I LOVE Cute or Boot. No, not the atitude. I just get a huge kick out of going in and dressing as if the theme was ugly (FYI ugly is an Official Cute or Boot theme).

OK, am I the only one who is now considering opening a new game called "Ugly or Boot"? I think this would be great fun! I'm going to try opening up said room later on today, and you guys can all come along for your daily dose of silly!! Who's with me?! :rotfl:

Anyone remember the game "Colors"? That one seemed to lose popularity after the first year or so.

Wow, yes I do. That was easy to play back then because we did not have much clothes. But once we acquired so many outfits I think that is when it stopped. That was fun, I was always the last one tho.

Haha, I must have been cursed since my first game..my friend invited me and I was a guest with barely any clothes or sense of style, and I had no "experience" playing the game. I lost very easily despite the nice owner giving me more chances. Of the many cute or boot games I have played, probably won only ten of them..LOL..I have no patience for playing a longg game so my friend and I have made a tradition by dressing bad and saying "we are hat..close your eyes we are too hat for you!" and we get booted..lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter