Your Vacation Box

Thank you! I am feeling better now that I'm not alone! :thumbsup2

My DH may possibly pass out when he sees all the stuff I got. He has so far only seen the girls gowns to wear to CRT. He will probably be like," WTH is all this?" LOL :rolleyes1

Hi ladies,

Can you please PM your etsy vendors....it's my dd's first trip and looking to have some custom outfits made for her.

Thank you!!!:thumbsup2

So Um...I started my box...we leave in 10 months...sad I know. BUT in my defense, I am making my parents who are going with us (their first time) a gift basket of things like this they'll need for Xmas...so I need that in 6 months...:rotfl2: i also am a serious bargain hunter so the sooner I start the more I save.

So far:
Kool Aide packets for h2o bottles
Kids new Disney sunglasses
4 Disney Beach towels
Sunblock
4 custom polymer Disney clay necklaces for DD
Disney bows (I run an Etsy boutique LOL, this is an essential)
Misty Mates
packing Cubes
Quick Dry polos for DH
dollar store glo stick and glo wands
dollar store ponchos
new water bottles
Mio for my parents
a new cosmetic bag
dollar store mickey nite lite for hotel

....and a STACK of fabric. Yes fabric LOL. I have my kids' custom outfits already planned.....that is half the fun of trip planning for me!

Will add lots more, baking powder for sunburns, bandaides, moleskin, bodyglide, tiny umbrella, sample sized medicines as I get them in the mail, etc etc etc

I am useing a cooler for my box,but i thought about useing it to ship our stuff(thats not going to fit into our luggage) down to our room. We are staying at the Poly,and to save on room in the fridge thought about getting double the use of our cooler(its the longer one). Shipping our extra stuff and then useing it to store our soda from garden grocer. My question has an one ever ship a cooler through UPS?,do the allow that?.:goodvibes

I pack just about everything I saw in pp but also zip loc bags, large mugs and Downey wrinkle release. I really don't want to iron on vacation and this works really great.

Also followed advice on our last trip and packed a power strip. Great idea!

Can someone tell me where to find the Purex sheets? I looked in the detergent section of Target and Walmart and couldn't find them.

Thanks everyone for the great ideas. I've started putting small things in a large ziplock like small deoderants, sample toothpaste, etc. I guess I need to find room some kind of larger container.

So, this thread is still going, huh?

Our vacation box is actually our largest suitcase. We are leaving in 2 months but 6 months before you can find everything but our clothes and electronics in there. But everything that we will need that is not in the suitcase is on a special list so we don't forget it.

In fact, my husband got himself in a world of trouble for using the sunburn lotion from the suitcase since we didn't have any in the house. He didn't understand that once it's in there, you do not take it out. We might forget it!

Our weirder items are:

Toothbrush holders (one for each bathroom)
Tooth fairy box (just in case)

:goodvibes I have a few things scattered in drawers and in my living room I am going to take this idea and run with it! =)

Well, I started a Disney box in January. It has now become about a dozen Disney bags and boxes. LOL

General:
I have all the miniature toiletries, sunscreen, Purex laundry sheets, mini febreeze and disinfectant spray & wipes,Tide pen, ponchos.

Touring:
Mickey mouse messenger bag,mini princess backpacks for girls, lanyards and a couple dozen pins, cardstock,stickers, markers,ribbon etc. for making autograph books,set of colorful retractable sharpies,mickey heads for decorating door and stoller, binder for our trip plans, (2) sets of maps, a huge stack of Mapquest maps for directions to misc places.

Fun stuff:
Disney coloring books, markers, crayons, Color Wonder sets, stickers, Disney activity and sticker books, Disney silly bands, Disney Pez, Mickey & Minnie lollipops, cookies, candy that I got after Valentines on discount, glow sticks, necklaces and glowing fairy wands, Princess puzzles and games. Mickey Mouse party supplies to decorate room, Stick on Princess place mats for 2 year old, Princess, Pooh, and Mickey figure sets.

Clothes:
Custom Minnie mouse outfits- a red/black/ white set and a pink/black/white set for each DD,Giraffe dresses for AK,tutus and misc.Princess tops,Princess dresses for Akershus,Princess gowns for CRT,sparkly shoes,other misc Character tees,Ariel outfits... and TONS of ribbon to make custom matching bows (I better get started on those. huh?!).

Well, I think that about covers it. If you can't tell, My name is Michelle and I am officially insane. This is my girls first trip and it is a surprise! I went a bit overboard.

(I copied this from the other thread so I didn't have to type it again.)

You are going to have sooo much fun! Good work!

I bring a cheezy wicker-like basket with me, the kind you get in the dollar store. When we arrive, I put the basket down on the counter and that is where everything goes. Room keys, cameras, money, memory cards, photo pass etc. This way we always know where the important stuff is.
I also buy disney themed items from yard sales and pack them...things like fanny packs, hats and sweatshirts. Saves big bucks.

Ok, I spent FAR too long catching up on this thread and promptly started my own box! :) I haven't read everything, so forgive me if this one has been mentioned, but I found hand sanitizer on carbines at Big Lots today. $1.50 for a 2 pack! This was a great find for my DH as he is a stickler for having hand sanitizer.

Love the power strip idea - I'm a techie and can't go anywhere without my electronics.

Can someone tell me where to find the Purex sheets? I looked in the detergent section of Target and Walmart and couldn't find them.

Thanks everyone for the great ideas. I've started putting small things in a large ziplock like small deoderants, sample toothpaste, etc. I guess I need to find room some kind of larger container.

I found some in my Walmart store, but they were a little tricky. Seems like it was closer to the fabric softener than the detergent? :confused3 I needed them when I sent my boys to the laundromat a few weeks ago with a ton of stuff to wash! Now I have about 1/2 a box left to throw in my Disney box!

Here is their website, so you can see the box. That helps me find stuff sometimes!!
http://www.purex.com/products/detergents/purex-complete-3-in-1

I just added two Tinkerbell and one EEyore lanyard that I bought on ebay for me, my daughter, and her girlfriend for next April's trip. Staying at AKL.:cool1:

I just added two Tinkerbell and one EEyore lanyard that I bought on ebay for me, my daughter, and her girlfriend for next April's trip. Staying at AKL.:cool1:

I just got a few there, too! I liked that they had a little zip-pouch on the end for their tickets or whatever. We got Toy Story, Lightening McQueen, HSM, and Mickey.

I just got a few there, too! I liked that they had a little zip-pouch on the end for their tickets or whatever. We got Toy Story, Lightening McQueen, HSM, and Mickey.

I just love the pouches, too!!! I think it's an awesome idea!!!! :hippie::hippie:

Which eBay vendors did you all purchase from? I am shopping eBay right now for new lanyards for all of us. We have our last ones hung up with the pins like to display, so we all need new lanyards.

I don't think I've seen this on the thread yet, but if I'm repeating something, ignore. For all of you who hate the coffee supplied in your rooms at Disney as much as I do: I have a supply of coffee filters only for the small pots in the rooms (I have an espresso maker at home, so don't use filters on a daily basis). Then the day before we leave I will grind up a weeks worth of coffee and put it in a sealed container to bring with us. I do love me a GOOD cup of caffeine when I first wake up!

We leave In just little over two months:cool1:, and i have yet to even start our box:scared1:, i am still debateing what typ of box to use. I am thinking of useing a cooler (double use, i would ship this down and use it to keep our drinks cold) by the way. Oh well something else to look forward to planning:cool1:.

Thanks, i remember this trip, as it was , as it turn out the last WDW trip. Me,My DS and his now wife stay at the Poly. If I new then It was going to be my last trip with my DS i would of soak it in a lot more. Now my DS and his wife have move on from Disney, and i have been trying to get back ever since. I keep planning and can not get my self to go forward with a solo trip!. This thread gives me a little more strength, i can go back and find the joy of Disney and bring it back again. Build that vacation box again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter