Your ultimate DVC perk.

I think, for us, the FPs are the best and most practical perk. Of course this doesn't account for everyone who attends different times of the year, but when you are at the park and it is crowded and lines are long, it is nice to have those FPs.

Discounted tickets - of course that would be good. We already get a discount on the APs. The last few years we have been going down for 2 week stints, so the AP has been useful. While a discount on the other tix would be cool, they have the discount onthe AP to encourage you to buy it. I can't see them doing more on that.

As for the preffered seating/viewing, will never happen. IMHO, way too many DVC members for this to work out in any beneficial way.

I wouldn't mind a discount on the Photopass CD. We like to get one every year. Maybe even some free prints. Also more discounts at better restaurants. We like to try different ones every trip, but still have our favorites. However, more people might be inclined to try all of them too if they had some kind of discount at each.

That's all i can think of at the moment.

Rob :)

I don't think we'll get much in the choice of perks that actually costs Disney money, so how about a perk that doesn't cost Disney anything:

Fast Passes: Maybe 3 to 6 anytime fast passes/per person/per day when staying at DVC on points. This perk would be extended to members only, using their own points. Not eligible to family members when the member is not staying with them, or renters.

This would be in-line with Universal's Front of the Line access perk for those staying in their hotels.

We agree with the Fast Pass Idea.
That one perk is why we stay on site at Universal when we visit their parks.

Also instead of limiting the number, just allow the DVC ID to be the fastpass for you and up to say 3 or 4 others and then have Disney limit the number of fast passes handed out to the non-DVC on-site and all off-site patrons of the parks. While this may not sound fair to non-DVCers it would provide incentive to buy into DVC which Disney would love.

It would be a nice way for Disney to thank everybody who bought into a little piece of magic.:love:

We agree with the Fast Pass Idea.
That one perk is why we stay on site at Universal when we visit their parks.

Also instead of limiting the number, just allow the DVC ID to be the fastpass for you and up to say 3 or 4 others and then have Disney limit the number of fast passes handed out to the non-DVC on-site and all off-site patrons of the parks. While this may not sound fair to non-DVCers it would provide incentive to buy into DVC which Disney would love.

It would be a nice way for Disney to thank everybody who bought into a little piece of magic.:love:
luv it:thumbsup2

I would like to see my WDW annual pass accepted at both FL and CA for no additional charge.

I would like a discount on 10 day nonexpiring park tickets. We no longer buy the parkhopper option.

Dream fast passes for any ride. We have been there many times, so we spend fewer hours in the parks and more time eating leisurely meals.

Ok, really dreaming here- fewer points needed for last minute stays. I would like to be able to grab cheap airfare at the last minute and call to see if a room is available for fewer points at the last minute.

Ditto - Due to the cost of admission, I can see myself in the future with DVC trips w/o trips into the parks (there's plenty of things in the Orlando area to do at half the cost). That'll be missed income opportunity for Disney.

We're already there. We go once a year, in the summer, due to kids' school schedules. Last summer, we used our Busch Gardens' season passes for Sea World, and purchased the killer 7 day Universal pass. If they would give even a minor discount on day passes, I'd give WDW another look. If not, we'll just continue to spend our money at the other parks.

Another vote for the Fast Pass!:thumbsup2

I would like to see a "permanent fast pass". What I mean is a fast pass that is an automatic feature for Members only who stay at a DVC/Disney resort. So when you check in, your KTTW card will have "DVC member" as well as "Fast Pass Privileges" on it. So Disney would not need to give you an extra pass to carry around. It would save on cost. And it would let us as members know that they appreciate our business and for those who are not members, it would be a great incentive.:)

(and now, I'll wake up and get back to reality...:lmao: )

Fast pass idea is a good one. Some possible modifications...

They could charge members for the "fast pass option" as a way to generate additional revenue. I think if it were an open offering to the general public it would not work at wdw as the volumes are too large. Free would be better but I would be willing to pay a small fee for this option as I think many would. They could make it a requiremenet that it be for the length of stay only as is with the DDP - at say $5 per person per day. Think of the revenue that would create

Another alternative would be to add it as an option to the DVC DDP(+FP). Example - Standard DVC DDP = $34.99, DVC DDP+FP = $37.99/day ($3/day/person) for the length of stay if bundleded with DDP. This would entice members to purchase the DDP after they were already sold on the fact you are reducing your food costs while on vacation by having your own kitchen (has anyone saved a dime by having their own kitchen? I know I havent).

If the overall lines and wait times were affected they could limit it to a single park per day to which the majority of DVC members would go, on that given day. This would also help them get better control of the buses during busy seasons as they could increase the bus volumes to the "dvc fast pass park of the day" and reduce the volumes to other locations to and from the DVC resorts on each day.

The more I read about it, the more I like the fast pass idea. It meets the requirement of being free to Disney, and gives us more of a reason to want to spent time at the parks. After all, Disney doesn't make any money if we do non park days at our great resorts.

I think I'll join in on the DVC dreaming:wizard:
-I would love some kind of discount on the 10 hopper/non expire tickets. Right now my DH and I have the annual pass,but we only purchased this b/c we used them in the begining of the November(adult only trip), and are going with our kids in October 2009-so was a great deal to get $100 off each. We will need to buy our kids (6,10, and 13) the 10 hopper/non expire tickets b/f we go.....this is going to cost a small fortune. They have already been told we need to stretch those tickets, so we will only be using 5 days, and saving 5 for another year. Sorry for blah, blah, blahing...
-I really wish when they run the "free" dinning plan promotion-either late summer/early fall, or how they were/are doing for Disney Visa card holders, DVC members could be included.
-I love the fasspass idea
-Early or late times in the park
Hey......I girl can dream can't she:thumbsup2

A meaningful discount on park hopper tickets -- like 50%.

A DVC only lounge area in each park.

Yeah! That was the other thing that i was thinking of!

Rob :)
Ditto

We live in the west and in many ways enjoy DL more than WDW. Having an annual pass for WDW influences where we go. In addition to our trips to the World we would probably take one or two short trips to DL a year if there was a North America Disney Annual Pass (NADAP). Some how paying for park hoppers for DL when we have an AP for WDW is hard to do.

I would pay slightly more for a NADAP or maybe include it as part of the PAP.

I would love a TIW card for Owners. I could get 20% off of what I spend. Sounds like a win win to me

I like that idea! It is simple to use, applicable at all almost all sit-down and a few counter service restaurants.

It would also be nice if they extended DVC a 10% property wide shopping discount (some reasonable restrictions would be needed, but it would be good in the parks, resorts and DD).

The discounts they have now are ever changing and extremely limited.

A DVC only lounge area in each park.

A lounge is a nice idea as well, but it would cost money.:guilty:

I am going to vote again for FP's for DVC owners and up to 3 or 4 others, but I do like a number of the other ideas here as well. Just don't think any others stand a chance due to cost.

I like the unlimited fastpass for DVC Members idea. It could somehow be tied to the room key. I think this would be an inexpensive perk and it might generate more money as we DVCers are more likely to do other things at WDW that cost money and this would give us more time to do them.

A lounge is a nice idea as well, but it would cost money.:guilty:
If the lounges were paid out of the Marketing budget of Disney Vacation Development as a way to get current DVC members interested in doing add-ons, then the lounges would not be an expense against the operating budgets that we fund through our annual dues.

DVC member lounges could be a good idea.

I am going to vote again for FP's for DVC owners and up to 3 or 4 others, but I do like a number of the other ideas here as well. Just don't think any others stand a chance due to cost.
To everyone who has suggested unlimited Fast Passes for DVC members, how would you sell the idea to the Disney Parks & Resorts executive management?

DVC executive: "We think DVC members should get unlimted Fast Passes instead of having to use the Fast Pass machines and Fast Pass rules like all other guests."

Disney Parks & Resorts executive: "Currently, Fast Passes are the same for everyone, except for a limited number of Dream Fast Passes and a few special Fast Passes for VIPs. Why should we drastically reduce the number of Fast Passes for all other guests? DVC members bought into a timeshare program, and all they're now paying is their annual dues fee to operate their resorts, with a small management percentage for Disney. If anyone deserves special Fast Passes, it's the guests who buy expensive packages at deluxe resorts. But we treat them the same as other guests because the Fast Pass program is a benefit for all guests, not for one population of guests at the expense of all others."​

How would you convince the Parks & Resorts executive that it makes business sense to provide special Fast Passes to DVC members?

I like the unlimited fastpass for DVC Members idea. It could somehow be tied to the room key. I think this would be an inexpensive perk and it might generate more money as we DVCers are more likely to do other things at WDW that cost money and this would give us more time to do them.
Today, all guests, not just DVC guests, "are more likely to do other things at WDW that cost money and this would give [them and] us more time to do them."

How is reducing the number of Fast Passes for other guests good business for Disney?

How is giving DVC members the ability to go from attraction to attraction to attraction, without having to wait 2 hours for another Fast Pass, going to make DVC members spend more money?

How about:
1) seperate entrance to the parks?
2) first priority booking at resturants
3) DVC only lines for table / counter service at parks
4) another vote for fast passes

to me there are lots of things they could do at no real additional cost to them that would provide us with some nice "time saving" benefits

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter