Your Typical DVC stay - which nights?

Which days of the week do you typically stay at a DVC Resort?

• Sunday to Thursday

• Sunday to Thursday plus 1 weekend night

• 7 nights

• More than 7 nights

Results are only viewable after voting.

DebbieB

DIS Veteran
Which days of the week do you typically stay at a DVC Resort?

Sunday to Thursday (check-out Friday or another weekday if less than 5 nights)
Sunday to Thursday nights plus 1 weekend night
7 nights
More than 7 nights
Other (Explain below. Sorry I left it off!)

Generally we stay Thursday to Thursday, 8 nights.

Dennis-

We travel a long way to get there so tend to try and arrive on a sunday and stay until friday week - so a total of about 12 nights with only one weekend.

We stay for two weeks - Sat - Sat as flights are quite pricey now and to make it worth it we need to spend 14 nights at OKW.:thumbsup2

None of your options fit us. We generally do Wed or thurs to the next Mon or Tues. In other words, 5 or 6 days including a weekend.

We generally stay 8 to 12 nights, with one Fri/Sat stay in the middle of the trip.

Generally, we stay 10 nights arriving on a Thursday and leaving Sunday a week later (4 weekend nights, 6 weekday nights). Yeah, we are so comfortable with weekend points that we'll burn two weekends in a single trip. Better weekend points than our limited vacation hours from work!

we usually go 7 nights Sat to Sat. 7 nights....like having one day at home to catch up before back to work/school etc.....

Other...

Wednesday through Sunday, usually two trips per year.

Yes. We use our points on Friday and Saturday.::yes::

We have only taken 5 DVC trips so far, of which 3 were Sunday through Thursday. The others were 6 nights with either one or two weekend nights, one starting on Sunday and the other on a Tuesday.

There were only 2 rooms to choose from on Tuesday. Not sure if I would arrive on a Tuesday again.

We are Sunday to Thursday people. Yes we are "thrifty" :goodvibes

This allows us up to three trips per year!

This year will be FANTASTIC- Feb, May/June, & for the first time..
CHRISTMAS!!!!!

I think all our DVC trips have included 3 weekend nights. I do not see the changes as a bad thing.

Laura

we used to only stay Sun-Thur to save points and pay for a cash non DVC room on 1 weekend night.

but hey, why was I paying cash, when I had points I could use??

So now we just stay at our DVC our whole trip. I try to think of the points as a whole week, and not worry about individual night costs.

We are weekenders & stay in a 1 bdrm... arrive on Friday and depart on Monday

I tried to get enough points to allow us to do this 3 times a year - maybe with the new changes - we can do it 4 times :scratchin

None of the options...with DH, they've been mostly Thursday night to Sunday night...with Sunday to Friday, with the whole family, but groups of us coming the previous Friday night, so Friday to Friday for some of us.

Bobbi:goodvibes

The past few trips have been 8 nights. Usually that first night is on the DVC cash discount. This last trip that night was Fri., but the following days were all on points.

We usually stay Sun-Thur to save points for more trips, usually with a night or two elsewhere. But it looks like that'll be out as of 2010. We'll be DVC-ing less often.

DisFlan

Sun. - Thurs. comes closest... my preference is a long-ish weekend, so it's usually a Fri. or Sat. plus a couple weeknights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter