Your thoughts...buying DVC... BWV vs. BCV???

r3ngels

<font color=darkorchid>I am a bit odd! But in a cu
I am not in the position right now to buy DVC but we are in the investigating point... :cool1:

I have a question but let me give you guys a bit of background....

My parents are DVC memebers at BWV, which we love. We (Me, DH, DD-8, DD-5, DD-3) go with them (and my brothers and their families---it ends up to be at least 14 people)every other year and stay there we love being on the boardwalk it feels like home to us.

We are thinking of buying our own contract so that we can go every year. Would you buy BWV or BCV we love the location so I don't want to consider any other (even though I have heard good things about the others)

If you were buying your own contract would stay at the same resort or would you buy at another?????????? :confused3

What are you thoughts? :goodvibes

buy BCV for SALB.

your parent have BWV - so you don't really need to buy it. Although those standard rooms have come in handed a couple of times.

We own at one of those resorts. We have stayed at both and like both. If you have time you should book a stay at BCV just to be sure and make up your own mind, you could rent points if need be. Everyone has their favorites, and the reasons will be different than yours in some cases.

That said, with that many people the only thing i will point out is that BWV has Grand Villas and BCV does not. This may be to your advantage at some point. There are other differences but you'd find that out with a stay.

r3ngels said:
I am not in the position right now to buy DVC but we are in the investigating point... :cool1:

My parents are DVC memebers at BWV, which we love. We (Me, DH, DD-8, DD-5, DD-3) go with them (and my brothers and their families---it ends up to be at least 14 people)every other year and stay there we love being on the boardwalk it feels like home to us.

We are thinking of buying our own contract so that we can go every year. Would you buy BWV or BCV we love the location so I don't want to consider any other (even though I have heard good things about the others)

If you were buying your own contract would stay at the same resort or would you buy at another?????????? :confused3

If I were in this situation, I would buy at the BCV. With the young kids they would prob. like the pool better. With a combo of banking, and borrowing points, you could stay at the same resort as your parents but alternate who pays for the rooms so you change up stays between each others home resort for variety.

r3ngels said:

Would you be using any of your own points for those "family" trips?

If not, I might consider BCV as others have pointed out for the variety for those big family trip off years.

If you will be using points during the same time as your parents' family trips, then I would definitely seriously consider BWV because:

1- ease of combining points with your parents for a family trip (parents book 4 nights and you book 3 nights and link the reservations)

2- ensuring that the entire family trip can be booked together at the 11 month window to ensure that everyone will be staying at the same resort without potentially relying on the wait-list

3- ability to reserve standard views units (especially if your parents' normaly do) consistently in order to save on points.

Even if your parents will be footing the points for the bi-annual trips and your points will be used for the off years, if they are short a few points one year, or vice versa, it is nice to be able to "borrow" from each other. Make sure that this borrowing if spelled out clearly between the two of you as to not cause bad feelings.

My aunt and I do this frequently. I bought a resale contract loaded with banked points a few years ago that I didn't want to use immediately. My aunt "borrowed" a bunch of points by having me book a trip for her with my banked and expiring points. Then she returned the favor about a year later when I had a big family trip planned by reserving a few nights in an OKW GV which I linked to my OKW GV reservations. While we didn't need to have the same home resort, it sometime helps for reservations involving GV's and standard views.

Good luck!

Good luck!

We are fortunate enough to own at both. They both have their advantages: BWV has the cheaper "standard view option", more chance of seeing fireworks from your room, GV's; BCV has SAB, Beaches and Cream :) , shorter walk to EPCOT. I would choose BCV, as I prefer the architecture, design and "feel" of the place. Plus, as others have pointed out, between you and your parents you can then use the 11 month window at both resorts.

Hope this helps!
Mike

I would go with how the points fall...

- do you want to be able to combine points at BWV to have large family vacations?
or
-do you want to alternate where those large family vacations at different resorts ?
or
-do you want to be able to have your family vacation close, but not too close, to the rest of your family?

BCV advantages: SAB, close to Epcot, 2 bd w/2 queens, close parking
BWV advantages: Std. View pts, GV's, closer to MGM, at the BW, Community Hall

Humm...

Thanks for all of your help.

Your questions have made me think of a couple of other questions....

-we are not planning on combining points right now but if we did would I have to wait to buy with the same use year(is that the correct term)?

-Does anyone think it is a pain to own at both (well I guess pain might not be the right word... because I would love to take your "pain" away :teeth: ) I ask this because my parents joke when they are too old to go to WDW the BWV points would be mine (I would just buy them) but is it hard to juggle 2 contracts at different places with different use years?

-I have never seen SALB :blush: is it good for kids of all ages? or do kids out grow it?

Any other thoughts :listen:

r3ngels said:
-I have never seen SALB :blush: is it good for kids of all ages? or do kids out grow it?

go to www.tagrel.com and watch his great slide show of SAB. There is quite a bit there for all ages.

Having the same use year would make things slightly easier, but we have two contracts at the same resort with different use years and it's not that bad.

Buy where you would be happy, if it's two resorts all the better.

r3ngels said:

I still enjoy it! ;) It is great fun for kids of all ages! (sometimes hard on parents of young children)

We bought BWV on the resale market when we could have bought BCV though Disney. We like the point structure over at Boardwalk better. I like BCV and I like SAB. We have a reservation there in August booked at about the 5-7 month window, so it can be done.

DaveT1 said:
go to www.tagrel.com and watch his great slide show of SAB. There is quite a bit there for all ages.

Having the same use year would make things slightly easier, but we have two contracts at the same resort with different use years and it's not that bad.

Buy where you would be happy, if it's two resorts all the better.

I just looked at the slide show... big mistake :cloud9: I even showed the girls... they want to go now. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter