Your reason of choosing dedicated and not lockoff? Advantages?

Jillpie

Can you package some Main St. music and send it to
I just finished our first DVC trip at the BCV's last month. We were in a 2 br. lockoff and we loved it. But I don't know anything else at this point. What exactly are the advantages of having a dedicated or are there any other than having a door seperating the studio part of it in the lockoff? Is that the only real difference? We'll be booking a 2 br. for next April (2005) and if you convince me that dedicated is any better, I will request that. We have three boys, ages 15, 12 and 11. thanks.

Dedicated advantages:

No 2nd door (good if you have kids you do not want leaving without you knowing)

More closet space in studio portion due to no need for 2nd door and no need for kitchenette area

25 of the dedicated 2BR at BCV have 2Q beds in the studio part as opposed to 1Q and double sofa but a dedicated 2BR with 2Q beds needs to be a specific room request and is not guaranteed

Of course given the ages of your kids, you might like having two entrances and a separate "snack" area for the kids.

I think for you, lockoff is the way to go

Cheers
jaysue

At OKW, we almost always have a dedicatedk, and we love the extra walk-in closet and all the extra storage.

Jaysue, that was an excellent description, thank you. I really, really love the idea of having extra closet space, but I would love even more having more drawer space. I also love the thought of 2 queen beds, that would be nice. Although I doubt I could get 2 of them to sleep together at this point. Ok, this is good food for thought.
Thanks Diane. :D

At SSR, the dedicated 2Bs will have two queen beds in the second bedroom. The lockoffs have one queen and a sofabed.

Originally posted by tjkraz
At SSR, the dedicated 2Bs will have two queen beds in the second bedroom. The lockoffs have one queen and a sofabed.
Unless you are at OKW, where all second bedrooms have 2 queen beds.

I'm not sure about the other resorts, but my understanding is that the dedicated 2 bedrooms at OKW do not have a balcony/patio off the second bedroom. The lock-off units do have their own balcony.

I'm not sure I remember this correctly, but I think the dedicated 2nd BR does not have a fridge or microwave. These are nice to have when you have guests rather than family.

JR

JR -- You're right. The kitchenette is only in the lock-off versions.

We just stayed in a dedicated studio - and the issue for us was quiet and privacy. We are two adults, and seems like we always end up in a lockoff with a noisy family. I know it's hard to keep kids quiet - but it is amazing how much noise seems to come through those connecting doors!

Also, we liked having a balcony that we didn't have to share with neighbors we didn't know.

I was told by DVC that at the BCV you could reserve a dedicated 2-bedroom with 2Q's and it was guaranteed. I was told this both times I made my reservations, last May and just this month for next Jan. Were both CM's wrong?

Originally posted by shelly3girls
I was told by DVC that at the BCV you could reserve a dedicated 2-bedroom with 2Q's and it was guaranteed. I was told this both times I made my reservations, last May and just this month for next Jan. Were both CM's wrong?

That's correct. When you reserve a two-bedroom at BCV they let you know lock-off or dedicated and whether or not it has 2 beds or the bed/sofa combo. There are fewer with the 2 beds and I believe they try to give them to members first.

At all the resorts, they will let you know if it's a dedicated or lock-off when you reserve. Sometimes you do have to ask to be clear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter