Your quickest closing?

bigtony777

Disney Veteran
So we submitted an offer that was accepted. 290 points at BWV for $57 a point. There are 70 points from 2010 that will expire at the end of January. Is there any chance that it will close and the points ill be able in our account to use these for the last week of December? Our signed contract was delivered to the title company this morning.

Call the Title Company and see what their workload and schedule is.

:earsboy: Bill

So we submitted an offer that was accepted. 290 points at BWV for $57 a point. There are 70 points from 2010 that will expire at the end of January. Is there any chance that it will close and the points ill be able in our account to use these for the last week of December? Our signed contract was delivered to the title company this morning.

I think you COULD have your points as early as the first week of December. We passed ROFR in just a couple days, and closed in a few days more. The points were in our account after two working days. It may depend on where you want to stay, and what type of room you want. once the points are in your account, start trying to book. Sign up for two waiting lists, and call at least twice a day. We were extremely lucky. Our points were posted at the end of October, and we needed a two bedroom for the Sat after Thanksgiving. Almost everyone told us we were crazy, but we tried and were able to book one of the only two bedroom villas they had left :wizard:
Good Luck to you, and let us know if you were sucessful!

Tom

When I was considering putting in an offer in Late September, I was considering any points that needed to be used by FEB as stripped, as in not usable. We signed the contracts on Sept. 30, went to ROFR on Oct. 6th. and closed last week. We were told it would be a few weeks for Disney and a couple more before we got our membership cards.

I think you are being quite optimistic about the time frame. Just my opinion based on my limited experience with my first contract. Good luck though.

don't wait until you get your membership cards. We had our points in our account two weeks before we received the cards. When you call MS, they can find your account by name and address.

Here is our timeline for 2 small contract purchases we recently made...

BCV -
9/20/11 Offer accepted by seller
9/21/11 Received sales contract
9/28/11 Passed ROFR
10/05/11 Received closing docs from title company
10/13/11 Contract closed and sent to DVC
10/18/11 Points in system and listed online

BWV -
9/20/11 Offer accepted by seller
9/21/11 Received sales contract
10/04/11 Passed ROFR
10/07/11 Received closing docs from title company
10/14/11 Contract closed and sent to DVC
10/18/11 Points in system and listed online

Based on our timeline, if you submitted the signed contract to the title company this morning then you should have the points available to make a reservation around December 12th assuming it passes ROFR. That's cutting it awfully close to make a reservation for the end of December. Hopefully the seller nor the title company will cause a delay for any reason. This was our 4th and 5th resale purchase. We have had delays for one reason or another in the past. Two things we have done to keep the process going is to keep in touch with the title company and as Ovalhead96 stated, don't wait to get your membership cards in the mail. Give the title company the time they stated until the next step in the process but don't hesitate to contact them to inquire the status of the process. Once the title company has told you the contract is closed, give it a few days and then contact Member Services to see if your contract has been loaded into the system. Don't wait for your membership card. Mbr Svcs can give you your member number over the phone and set up your account. On our first contract we were fortunate to get a real helpful person and she put us on hold, found the paperwork for our contract and loaded it into their system while we waited. It took about 15 minutes. Good luck!

Thank you for all the responses. I know that it will be pushing it to be able to use them for the end of December, but we will not have a chance to make it back down again until March. We can only hope for the best.

I guess if we don't use them we can try to rent or transfer them. It won't be the end of the world if we lose them as the contract does have all of its 2011 points banked for next year.

Thank you for all the responses. I know that it will be pushing it to be able to use them for the end of December, but we will not have a chance to make it back down again until March. We can only hope for the best.

I guess if we don't use them we can try to rent or transfer them. It won't be the end of the world if we lose them as the contract does have all of its 2011 points banked for next year.

I think the more difficult piece will be finding availability at the end of December on such short notice. But, when we bought in 2009, we closed about a week after our contracts were signed and were in the system just 5 days after closing--enough that I could get my membership number and add on new points!

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter