Your Predictions re Changes to DVC now that Iger is back as CEO

I expect major attraction announcements in the next 6 months. Iger was never afraid to spend. WDW can't just remain idle with Epic Universe getting closer. Major Dinoland replacement for 2025/26 is the most obvious project. DAK needs help and the space is ready and waiting.

Other smaller projects like Epcot's Play Place and replacement for Stitch's Great Escape could arrive sooner.

Paid ride reservations won't go away but it would be a good opportunity to dump the Genie / Lightning Lane branding which is forever tarnished. Tweak the product to something more palatable. Seems like even a paid version of FP+ (with the pre-scheduling aspect) would be viewed as an improvement.

DME seems unlikely to return. I'm assuming its value (to Disney) was diminished by the grocery delivery / rideshare generation which defeats DME's intended purpose of keeping people captive at WDW.

If restaurants are filling up, not sure there's any justification for bringing back dining plans or TIW.

Park Pass may go away and APs return. But make no mistake: both of those moves would result in even more people in the parks.

Eliminating 2pm hopping and some tweaks to EMH seem like consumer-friendly moves they could make which wouldn't add massive expenses.

My thoughts are all over the place. I have seen the parks very busy even with the madness of Chapek. I would think that Iger needs to go into the company and fix the streaming/movie side. The Disney+ movies that have been released are lack-luster.

If restaurants are filling up, not sure there's any justification for bringing back dining plans or TIW.

My mom was just there over a week ago and outlined how there was a bunch of seats still open in various restaurants and CMs saying they were only allowing reservations on a portion of seats.

This is the same as we saw in July as well in various resturants.

Bringing back the dining plan possibly gives them the security that they will be able to fill those restaurants moving forward if that is why they have been shy on hiring.

I honestly don't think much will change with DVC. Now DVC members might be impacted because APs go back on sale but its not anything specific to DVC.

What is even the craziest idea of how we will be impacted? Most every change that has impacted me negatively or positively around DVC actually derives from Parks.

Of maybe they can do a hybrid of FP+ and GP+,?

Allowing some rides done ahead..less popular with other day of?
That would be a helpful fix without throwing in the towel on that big investment and as said above, maybe rebrand it to get rid of the bad taste so many have.

Also nothings stopping them from giving it away to those staying on property at moderate or deluxe. If attendance begins to diminish, Isee that as a quick and easy change.

My mom was just there over a week ago and outlined how there was a bunch of seats still open in various restaurants and CMs saying they were only allowing reservations on a portion of seats.

This is the same as we saw in July as well in various resturants.

Bringing back the dining plan possibly gives them the security that they will be able to fill those restaurants moving forward if that is why they have been shy on hiring.
Fair point. I shouldn't assume.

We last visited during a slow period in September and many restaurants had no ADRs available and QS where it was hard to find a table. There could still be locations which are under-performing.

If lack of staffing is contributing to empty tables, I'm guessing Chapek's ouster will help employee morale & hiring.

To my eyes, the dining plans long ago reached a point of dubious value. Disney may be able to justify their return under the premise that few people dine in a manner which would optimize the value, while it reduces competition from the likes of Doordash + grocery deliveries.

I'm not so sure about TIW. Though that was always a fairly niche program, IMO.

It's almost a little sad that we just want things back that we had for years - not even asking for anything new, just asking for things that we loved that were taken away. This would require no creativity on the part of Disney, and would make loyal customers (like DVC owners) instantly happy -
- bring back AP's - sold w/ DVC discount AND includes memory maker
- bring back magical express
- bring back FP and dump Genie +
- no more park reservations, and definitely no limits on park hopping

Just 3 years ago, we had all of these things, the Disney company was doing well.
It’s not the same world as 3 years ago, you can’t just turn back the clock. The economy is not the same, hard to get people to work. Magical Express likely cost them millions, what’s the benefit for them to get a return on that money? With Uber/Lyft, no one is stuck on property. Resorts are full. They aren’t going to give up revenue streams as long as people are coming.

I love Joe, he's an absolute genius. but as CEO? Nah it's a completely different skill set. Now if Joe could somehow be talked into coming back as head of Imagineering, with someone like Iger as CEO that values creativity and "magic", that would be amazing. I don't see it happening, but I would love it.
I agree with you, he is definitely a creative genius, but I'm not sure he is business savvy. Not likely he would be the best person to be analyzing balance sheets! I would love to see him return in a creative aspect.

I don´t see any changes to DVC. Disney´s reputation has taken a nose dive with Chapek and hopefully Iger will improve the image. He needs to see how the public views The Disney Corp and start work there. To me, it was all the nickel and diming after taking away ¨perks¨, and involving itself in politics and woke culture.

My useless predictions: Park reservations allow WDW to staff just enough people; hence I do not see it going away fully ever again. What might happen is that 1) qualified DVC members 2) staying on DVC points would be allowed to park hop without reservation. By restricting the population to a small one, no staffing change is needed.

Next and as the economy cools down, I can see WDW bring dining reservation back to keep restaurant staff fully employed. UK guests on 1wk 2wk travel packages probably will get it first, since they were so used having a fully paid 3 meals a day experience. TiW card might return for FL residents only with blockout dates and cheaper to fill restaurants during weekdays.

Lastly, DVC will announce pool hopping returns but at discretion of the resort. Basically a random crapshoot much like a diamond elite guest asking a hotel for late checkout. With these 3 changes I'm sure it'll cost WDW/DVC nothing, but members will be so happy some will cry tears of joy.

Rather than specific changes, I would imagine it more being a directive for DVC leadership to do whatever it takes to restore the relationship and trust with direct members, and though it will probably include AP I would expect most of the changes to come in the form of new perks that creatively provide low cost high value experiences.

I'm in the camp that nothing will change. Iger is here for PR only.

I think that Disney knew that they had an image problem, that finally impacted the stock price, so they needed to act.

So, basically, what they did was say "Hey! Look at us! We fired the guy that everybody hates! Now please like us again!"

APs return at the beginning of the year. This quarter is done. It would be a nice revenue bump in the parks division Q1 next year with no cost. Just bringing revenue forward.

I'm not a DVC member, but I have friends that are, and we spent a week with them last month @ WDW. In old-fashioned business terminology, y'all are what's referred to as "repeat customers." IIRC my old business 101 classes from fifty years ago, I was taught those are your most important segment.
and when we are not treated well, year after year, many sell off and go to universal, LOL. Read the boards, ( I hope someone over there does), DVC people who have been so for years are unhappy. WE going to follow the herd and sell in this next spring, but now maybe we will give it another year and see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter