Your opinions about Disney Quest?

laurajetter

Mouseketeer<br><Font color="red">The Tag Fairy thi
I was just curious how well you all like Disney Quest. I'm 29 and my dh is 32 and we are kids at heart. We didn't know about DQ when we first booked our trip but before leaving we had found out about it. Since we had an UPH we had free admission so we took advantage of it. Prior to our trip I had read descriptions of the types of simulator games they had and we thought we would have a blast, but I found our experience to be just mediocre. Granted, we weren't able to spend a whole lot of time there; we went twice, but both times we were just waiting for other things (a dinner reservation one night and La Nouba another night). We didn't get a chance to try everything, but I have to say that some of the things we did try we were kind of disappointed with. We thought the Aladdin ride that simulated riding on a magic carpet was just kind of boring; nothing that exciting or fun. The Jungle Cruise simulator ride where you sit in the raft was a little better, but I still felt it wasn't that great. We did the create-your-own-roller coaster and then rode the ride we created...We thought that was fun, but we started out with a rather mild coaster to make sure we could handle the simulation part; the plan was if we handled it okay then we would make a more challenging one. The problem is we never got a chance to. Anyway, I do think this simulator ride and the concept was pretty fun. We did the Pirates of the Caribbean and overall we liked it, I think I was just picturing it differently in my head. My husband was the one steering the boat, and he said the 3D effect wasn't working properly on certain parts of the screen and he could see double, but he still enjoyed it (even though he did steer us onto land at least 3 times!). We quickly had time to play a couple favorite old arcade games (Ms. Pac Man and Marble Madness). I know there are other things we missed, and apparently one of the more popular games was out of order.

Also, I found the layout a little bit hard to follow...I know there is that one room that has the directional arrows indicating where to find the different games, but once I entered a section I seemed to get disoriented especially since there were different levels. Finally we needed to leave quickly because the time was later than we thought and I had trouble finding an exit. I'm sure it's easier once you get used to the layout, but again we were only there for a short period of time and I found it wasn't very intuitive in terms of being able to get around. Who knows? If we had stayed another 30 minutes maybe I'd be navigating around easily, but I found our experience just a little confusing. I'm glad we didn't have to pay extra for it, however if we ever do get the UPH again I'm sure we will give DQ a second chance, and try out the games we missed.

So, what do you all think of DQ?

Laura :D

I LOVE everything about DQ- and I usually hate video games but the ones at DQ are awesome. Its best to go in the morning and you'll have the whole place to yourself.

They should give you a little map when you go in to help navigate, but there are also signs on the walls that say what's on each floor.

We even bought the PAP's just to be able to go an unlimited amount of times.

We aren't at all interested in DQ. We did try it once and have never been back. There are too many other fun things to do than spend our time at a glorified arcade!

I didn't care for it. The lineups for anything that looked worth doing were very long. I think there are some times of day when you can do things without a wait, but unless it's convenient to your schedule to go then, I wouldn't (well, I wouldn't go anyway, cause I'd rather be in a real theme park). Maybe if they had FPs for the most popular simulators it wouldn't be so bad.

Kungaloosh!
Morticia.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter