Your Next Trip......Fly Out Of Canada or USA

riu girl said:
alicia68:
thanks for the info. I will stop trying to find good Mexico AI deals out of BUF. I have been looking for about 3 years and YYZ always works out to be less expensive.
Thanks to you, now I know why! :goodvibes
You're very welcome! Not sure where you are located but if Hamilton is close this is a great option for packages to Mexico and Dominican Republic! Parking is cheap and the airport is never busy!

Joann said:
alicia68 what is open seating mean ?
Open seating means you don't get a seat assignment. With Southwest you check in online and print your own boarding passes. This is convenient if you are at home before you leave on vacation. It is sometimes hard to find interent access with a printer while on holiday where you can print your return flight boarding passes. When you check, depending when it's done you getting boarding passes in categories A.B or C. When you are at the airport you line up in line A,B or C depending on your passes. The plane is boarded A first then B etc. A's get on first taking which ever seat they want then the B's go next and C group gets whatever is left. Usually these are middle seats scattered about the plane. Not bad if you are travelling alone or don't mind having your travel party scattered from front to back not sitting with each other.
Alicia

I live in London, so it's closer for me to fly out of Detroit. Even with paying Robert Q shuttle it's still almost $1000.00 cheaper.

hugs
GrannyEv
:Pinkbounc

US for sure! We saved over $2500 for our family of 6 by flying out of Buffalo to Orlando instead of Toronto.

Now get this! We are going to travel within our own country this year (first time ever - we are bad!) So anyway, I have been pricing 1 way tickets from Toronto to Vancouver and then Calgary to Toronto. We are going to drive from Vancouver to Calgary.

I have been doing a lot of number crunching because the taxes to fly within in Canada just bite my butt!

So as of right now we have decided to park in London, ONtario - take the Robert Q bus to Detroit ($250 for the 6 of us) fly to Seattle ($600 US for 6 of us), take the Amtrak Train through Puget Sound and the Washington Mountains ($120 for 6 of us) and arrive in Vancouver to our awaiting rental van.

Total with exchange $1114.

Cost to fly to Vancouver from Toronto $2289.

So for a savings of $1100 we get to see Seattle too! Go figure.

Always fly out of Minneapolis, now that Canada 3000 is done. It saves at least $500 per person r/t. That being said it's still around $300 from Minneapolis. I wish I was close to Buffalo or any Southwest departure city for that matter.

Almost certainly from the U.S.
Prices are 1/2 of what we'd pay here, at least on many flights.

How do you all print your southwest return tickets???
Can you do that before you leave??
If there is no way to guarantee seating how early must you get there?
We are a family of 5, 3 little ones so we all need to sit together. Any suggestions?

Before, when the 2 DDs were smaller children, we'd fly out from Canada. But from the time they turned 6 and 9, we have joined the masses who fly out from Seattle. From Seattle, we save anywhere from $500-$1000 when we fly to LAX, MCO, or Hawaii.

The overnight stay in Seattle (usually use Priceline to get a 3* SEATAC area hotel for $40), costs to park the car, or rental car (we like to rent the car to drive down, so we don't need to worry about leaving our own car in a park 'n fly lot), costs us peanuts compared to our savings.

Another vote for Buffalo, Southwest was waaaaay cheaper than Air Canada.

If you are staying at a hotel you can ask the front desk to print off your boarding pass 24 hrs before your return flight. I did this in January and had no problems. But if you have little children I think you get to pre-board, so you don't have to worry about printing it off early. You just print it at the airport check-in counter.

PrincessasMommy said:
How do you all print your southwest return tickets???
Can you do that before you leave??
If there is no way to guarantee seating how early must you get there?
We are a family of 5, 3 little ones so we all need to sit together. Any suggestions?

Children under 5 preboard with their children. So you shouldn't have a problem.

GrannyEv said:
I live in London, so it's closer for me to fly out of Detroit. Even with paying Robert Q shuttle it's still almost $1000.00 cheaper.

hugs
GrannyEv
:Pinkbounc

YAY for the Robert Q!!! I think I am putting many of their children through Universtiy... :cheer2:

If you live in the GTA and are looking for a cheap flight but Buffalo is sold out try Pittsburg. It is a 5 hour drive but for this March they still have $49.00 flights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter