Your Must Do's Please.

gingernick

Mouseketeer
Hi guys, could you tell me your must do's whilst at Orlando. Whether it's at a park, shopping, eating out or whatever.

It's difficult to say a "must do" because it depends on the situation, I've done a lot of visits to Orlando and I don't think there is anything that I would say is a "must do" every trip, but there are a lot of favourites that get visited at least every other trip. To answer for someone else making a trip depends very much on their interests. But things I would say people on "one time trips" should at least consider ( outside the obvious main parks) would include.
Cirque du Soleil, DC, KSC, one Disney waterpark, a visit to Boma's ( great food and a chance to look round the fabulous AKL hotel) , for anyone heavy into art a visit to the Salvador Dali art museum in Tampa, BG Tampa (for coaster freaks), Bahama Breeze and to visit a few of the Disney hotels (preferably by eating in some of their restaurants).

Beaches and Cream! Never miss it! Second the Bomas suggestion.

An evening at Jellyrolls:D

This is at the Boardwalk and is open from 7pm-2am. It is a duelling piano bar - great fun LOL :D :D

Hi guys, could you tell me your must do's whilst at Orlando

yea take me with you ;)

Eating - Liberty Tree Tavern, Hard Rock Cafe'

Shopping - Belz factory outlets

And as much of the parks ya lil legs can get u round :D

BiGGy

The Skycoaster at Old Town!!!

Very scary but I am glad I did it - 300ft freefall drop on a bungee cord!!!

Wooo hooo!

Something different we did this year was a Gator Safari night at Boggy Creek Airboats organised through Gator Tours/Virgin.

For about £40 you get transport from your hotel, an evening airboat ride (ours co-incided with the sunset and was very memorable), all you can eat BBQ, all you can drink soft drinks and beer/wine, entertainment and the chance to hold a young Alligator and have pictures taken with it.

The weather did its best to spoil it but it was a fantastic night and one I would recommend to anyone going to Orlando. One bonus of doing this excursion is that the airboat ride actually lasts for an hour, compared to 40mins if you just turn up on the day.

Well worth the money, but just be aware that if the weather looks dodgy (i.e. thunderstorms) this excursion will be cancelled and moved to another date.

Julian

....Assuming you can book it up beforehand the Illuminations Cruise is a BIG must-do!!

Julian,

Did you have to book the Night Gator Safari at the welcome meeting or did you book it before you left?

Bekki

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter