Your 'must do' ADR and why - pictures, menus etc more than welcome!

torsie24

Mummy to a perfect princess.
What is your one WDW meal that you most recommend?

I can't decide my ADRs...And only have a little more than a week! I know you DISers will have loads of suggestions I'm not even considering at the moment!

We're there for 21 nights and here is my list so far:

Jiko - 'thank you' meal for my parents
WCC - welcome meal with all of your wedding guests.
Narcoosess - for our 1 day anniversary.

Then we have an 11 night BW stay, so will hit a few EPCOT places for dinner, definites are:

Teppan Edo
Via Napoli
One of the ones in Mexico

We also want to do a Fantasmic package, but which restaurant at I have no idea!

And for our last night (during our 4 days at BLT) were going to eat at CG as it;s right at the very top of Jack's WDW 'to do' list. :cloud9:

So that's 7 meals in 21 days....we wont have a TS every day, but I think we do need a few more in there....

My Must do's are chef mickeysx2 and teppanedo. Im trying nearly all new places this time but I do love crystal palace.For my birthday we are doing the GF cafe. My list also includes:
coral reef
le cellier
chef de france
ohana with stitch
yak and yeti
crystal palace
rain forest cafe(akl)
tusker house
captains grill
t-rex
Have you done the garden tea rooms.Lovely for a nice romantic afternoon tea.

I would love to do a CP breakfast again.
If you are planning on getting the photopass CD this is an ideal opportunity to get some really great photos in front of the castle. We have some from our anniversary that have just us in them - without the usual cast of hundreds of strangers milling around in the background :)

It's so personal.

We read good reviews of Crystal Palace and Mama Melrose and were disappointed, yet we read bad reviews of Bier Garten and Hollywood and Vine and loved them both.

I'd just have a look at the menus and book what takes your fancy.

There are good menus on All Ears http://allears.net/din/dining.htm

We try different restaurants each time, some we will go back too like Wolfgang Puck in DTD but as we have the dining plan we like to eat in places we wouldn't do normally.

Just one word of warning, I made my ADR's over a month ago and got everything I wanted but last week I tried to change some of them to different times or days and there was nothing available so I hope you get what you want bit you should just check the menus and see what takes your fancy and then narrow it down from there.

Good luck :thumbsup2

From our last trip our favourites were Yak and Yeti, Tony's, and Chefs de France.

As Libby said its such a personal thing.
One family can go and think its the best place in Disney, next family get a poor server and food not cooked to liking and its the worst place in Disney.
We ate at places last year that were perfect(Le Cellier) this year a better server but the food didn't hit the spot. Same with Ohana, great last year, not this year.

My thoughts on this page of everywhere we have eaten in Disney
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2524489&page=49

We loved Tep Enedo this time it was fab food and a fab chef - great fun:thumbsup2

I love CP for breakfast too

Have fun planning

We have just come back and ate at the following (havent done my report yet)

Ohanas (dinner)
Tep Enedo
Le Cellier
California Grille
Nacoossees
Tusker House (breakfast)
1900 Park Fare (breakfast)
Crystal Palace (breakfast)

We liked all our choices this time

Are you doin deluxe dining as 3 of your meals are 2 ts credits and just wondered if you will be paying oop for some?

My recomendation already listed
teppan edo

We are trying a few listed
narcoossees
WCC
T REX
via napoli

we tried yak and yeti last year the food was lovely but the service we received was so bad I wouldn't return! I personally don't think le vellore is worth 2 ts as it will be by the time you get there!

Thanks everyone, we are getting a TiW card, rather than doing DDP, as we get a lot of food in for the room, and don't like a TS meal more than once every other day.

I was tempted to do a CP/CRT breakfast on our first morning with family/friends, but no one is keen on Winnie the Pooh, or meeting the Princesses, and I'd worry that it'd be getting close to 9am and I'd be hurrying people!

I've told them it's a way to see the park empty, but they would rather get in and see it than have to eat first. I'd gladly have booked just for the Castle photos, but we have booked a Magic Kingdom portrait session, so I'm not going to book either breakfast now. (I can't eat breakfast anyway.)

Lots of Le Cellier recommendations...we had it booked last time but cancelled....we don't much eat red meat, and it just doesn't grab us...weirdos I know!

We wet to teppen edo an thought it was ok but have been to much better ones at home, depends I think if you have tried that style of food before?

Our favourites are: ohanas, Sanaa, grand Floridian cafe, yak and yeti and our favourite meal was artist point, lovely food quiet and romantic!

What about a few on the boardwalk? We have wcc, the plaza, CRT, bluezoo, cape my cafe breakfast, le cellist and the plaza booked for this year - first timers for them all!

Thanks everyone, we are getting a TiW card, rather than doing DDP, as we get a lot of food in for the room, and don't like a TS meal more than once every other day.

Oh yeah course you are I forgot! Just looking at our ADR's and why we picked them.

Tokyo Dining hoping to get a window seat and see Illuminations
Raglan Road Irish pub and restaurant this is due to my cravings of sausage and mash read good reviews
Narcoossee's Again hoping for window seat to watch Wishes and Dave loves lobster
Kona Cafe Again read great reviews menu you looks very good
Le Cellier Dave loves steak his choice! I did really enjoy the atmosphere here last year and our waiter was brilliant
Sanaa Very excited about here again menu looks very good!
Whispering Canyon Excited about the atmosphere I have read about and interaction with CM's and milkshakes :goodvibes
Yachtsman's Steakhouse Again Dave's love of steak
Turf Club Bar and Grill Its at the Saratoga Springs so convenient
Teppan Edo Our favourite restaurant!
Via Napoli I'm not sure think just booked this because its new Im not a fan of pizza
T-REX We love Rainforest Cafe and looking forward to the theme of inside the restaurant!
Captains Grill Our only breakfast booked not even sure if we will make it as still not eating a lot in the mornings

Well alot of our choices are for my daughter who is 4. We do alot of character meals or meals with entertainment.

Chef mickey - breakfast - trying for first time. Ideal for DD to meet all characters day 1.

WCC - all of us enjoyed this last year. DD did a pony race and the hokey cokey.

Tusker breakfast 8am - again a hit with all of us last year and great to get in park early

Sci fi lunch - my DD's joint favourite meal last trip

Coral reef - my DD's other favourite meal last trip - food was ok but she loved sitting tankside.

Akershus breakfast - again a hit with all of us last year another must do. potato casserole..

Cellier - last chance for us before it goes 2 ts. We enjoyed it last year especially the cheese soup.

Ohana - all loved last year - my DD enjoyed hula dancing.

Park fare dinner - again something for us all - one of DH must repeats.

Cape may breakfast - first time trying it.

Tutto italia - first time

Teppan edo - first time

Yachtsman - our first ever 2 ts - for DH's birthday

Boma dinner - not overally impressed last year but it was our last day and we were rushed. Giving it a second try.

Raglan rd - had best steak of the trip there last time - we all enjoyed it. Hoping to catch dancing this time for DD.

last adr at our resort Olivia's or one of the mexican (san angel or the new one)

Boma dinner is a must do for us- I love the choice and we have had two really good meals there (pants service both times though!!)

Raglan Road is another must do, must have had at least 6 meals there over the years and enjoyed every bite. Handy for a nice evening in Dtd after as well.

Also House of Blues, have had some lovely food there and the atmosphere is
great!

My daughter influences my choices. One of the great things about disney is that she can try more grown up dining however it is still child friendly with good child menus and fun desserts.

Yachtsman Steakhouse - we both love it, the food is lovely and they treat us so well. My daughter feels like a grown up when we eat there.

Le Cellier - My daughter loves steak, so we go to places which have it on the kids menu or any place with the better kids menus.

We are also doing the Cape May breakfast and a couple of other places in epcot as we are staying at BC and we will be spending most of our evenings at epcot. I think I booked the new Italian one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter