Your Most Skippable Show

PrincessWithABlaster

DIS Veteran
The thread about Nemo has me realizing that there are a number of shows we haven’t made it to and I’m curious what other people find to be worth seeing or not (yes I know, we should see for ourselves but there are priorities and shows aren’t always ours).

For purposes of this thread, skippable means for the targeted demographic. No fair calling out Disney Jr just because your party is 2 adults and 2 teenage boys.

Of the shows we’ve seen, I would say that Voyage of the Little Mermaid is my most skippable. I’m not impressed with the setting/props/costumes and I don’t really think it adds much over the movie.

Honorable mention would go to the Frozen Sing Along when someone other than The Guy is playing the male historian. When The Guy is there it’s hysterical and totally worth it, it was a snoozer for us the time we went when it wasn’t him. I’d love to know his name so I could ask a CM if he’s on that day.

The one in front of the castle, specially on hot days. We did it once and did like it but not enough to make it a must do.
ditto, unless it is a holiday edition.

Now-The beauty and the beast show at DHS-after the movie came out it seems tired.
We also like Nemo but I prefer Festival of Lion King. I'd skip Nemo but not FotLK.

Of the shows we’ve seen, I would say that Voyage of the Little Mermaid is my most skippable. I’m not impressed with the setting/props/costumes and I don’t really think it adds much over the movie.

I agree 1000%, not 100%, but 1000%. It's a waste of time, especially since I felt like too much of the story was skipped.

The only show we always see is FOTLK. Next most likely are muppets and philharmagic. Haven’t seen little mermaid since my DD was 6 (she’s 16 now.) The rest depend on what we have accomplished that day.

Frozen Sing-Along. I've done it once and honestly don't plan to do it again unless I have a huge Frozen-lover in my party. It's cute and fun, but not worth my park time.

The thread about Nemo has me realizing that there are a number of shows we haven’t made it to and I’m curious what other people find to be worth seeing or not (yes I know, we should see for ourselves but there are priorities and shows aren’t always ours).

For purposes of this thread, skippable means for the targeted demographic. No fair calling out Disney Jr just because your party is 2 adults and 2 teenage boys.

Honorable mention would go to the Frozen Sing Along when someone other than The Guy is playing the male historian. When The Guy is there it’s hysterical and totally worth it, it was a snoozer for us the time we went when it wasn’t him. I’d love to know his name so I could ask a CM if he’s on that day.

His name is Ben (sorry, don't know his last name) and he is great! The sing along was something we weren't excited about the first time but is a must do now...thankfully he's always been there when we've seen it.

ROL would be one of our skippable shows.

The only show we always see is FOTLK. Next most likely are muppets and philharmagic. Haven’t seen little mermaid since my DD was 6 (she’s 16 now.) The rest depend on what we have accomplished that day.

We're the same way. We make a point to see FOTLK, and generally see Philharmagic, but could take or leave the rest of them. In fact, to this day there are a bunch of shows I've never seen including Little Mermaid! The quality of the shows is good for a theme park but not worth taking time out of our day to see when we see a lot of theater shows in "real life." FOTLK is the only one that we see as pretty unique.

We skip most shows. We do see Philharmagic at least once a trip, but I wouldn't be crushed if we missed it. The shows I did love are all long gone (Tarzan Rocks, the Hunchback show at MGM).

Of the nighttime shows, though, the only one I don't bother to see anymore is Fantasmic. The wait is terrible, the seats are horribly uncomfortable, and the show is in desperate need of an update.

Rivers of light and pretty much any parade. I’m not a parade fan (neither is my family). We see any new parade once and then we are good. No need to watch it again start to finish

Sometimes if we happen upon a parade we will watch for a few minutes, but then we remember it’s the best time to ride the rides.

Voyage of the little mermaid
Nemo
These are the 2 that pop into my head immediately. Most of the others we try to see

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter