Your longest length of stay?

DVC Grandpa

DVC Member
What is the longest time you have stayed at any of the DVC resorts? We have banked points, current year points, and don’t want to bank this year’s points. Using the points we have we can stay 26 days but is that too long? Our longest prior stay was two weeks and that was over the Thanksgiving holiday but this stay would be in January and February (because of the UR deadline). Don’t know what will keep us enthused for that long of time at that time of year except for the weather. Always thought this would be a nice problem to have until we finally do.

Our longest was Jan. 2011 we stayed 17 nights. Normally we always stay 15 days (2 weeks). But next month (April) we are there 24 days (our longest trip ever), but that is 3 nights at BLT, 4 night DCL, with 16 nights at BCV after the cruise. Family is with us at the beginning, but they all leave by May 1, so the last 12 nights is to get over the family part of the vacation and just relax. Normally we had been going for a week in August, but ended that craziness and added that week to our spring trip (when the weather and the crowds are much easier than August). Of course we still have our October 2 week trip to look forward to, but no plans for the summer. While we have a good number of points (though not part of the 1K club), we still like going 3 or 4 times a year, though we use to think we would want to go for the entire month of January, we really do enjoy going in late April/early May and late October, so just a 2 week trip (sometimes less) in January is fine with us.

The longest we have stayed at any one time is two weeks. The conclusion we reached was that despite that we loved the place, two weeks is somewhat too long in that you just get worn out and you can no longer enjoy going to restaruants to eat and it is far too long of a period to not really know the total you have charged to your room (yes, I know you can check while there but who really wants to have that shock more than once per trip).

As a result, we have found the ideal period of time is about 10 nights (or eleven days) and we always do at least 7 nights because shorter than that is not enough. Also note that we usually stay in a 2BR and once in a geat while in a GV. I could not do any real time in something as small as a studio without in room kitchen and laundry facilities.

I think we have done 13 nights at OKW in a one bedroom villa at South Point with a view of the Trumbo Canal and right near the South Point pool.

If your 26 nights are in a studio, I'd stay fewer nights and get a one bedroom villa.

If your 26 nights are in a studio, I'd stay fewer nights and get a one bedroom villa.

I took that into consideration and have booked a one bedroom unit for the 26 nights...thought we needed the washer and dryer and the extra living space.

I took that into consideration and have booked a one bedroom unit for the 26 nights...thought we needed the washer and dryer and the extra living space.

Then you should have an utterly fantastic time. :thumbsup2

My youngest two children and I spent June 2-17 at Disney last year. There were 2 weekend nights that weren't spent on property. I really enjoyed the time we spent there. I was in a severe burnout/depression and the trip was exactly what I needed. We spent the weekend we weren't on property at the beach with extended family members. We generally stay at least 10 days when we go to Disney as a family.

I envy you people who get enough vacation that you can stay so long. My longest thus far was 9 nights, of which DH stayed 4. But my October 2012 trip will beat that by 2 nights, as I have 11 nights booked, 6 at one resort with DH, then 5 solo at another resort.

Our longest was 25 days but at 3 resorts. We treat our DVC vacations as being at our home away from home. We don't go into the parks every day and we love to sleep in. :goodvibes

:earsboy: Bill

We usually stay about 11 nights in a 2br. I just added on some more points so the wife and I can do 3-4 weeks in a 1BR when the kids are older.Like a PP said earlier , I am envious :worship: of the people who can get away that long now but my time is coming. :cool1:

Last fall we had our longest stay, 12 nights. Split, 5 nights at AKV in a studio and 7 nights at BCV in a 2 bedroom. Plan to do the same this year only different resorts.

We have stayed 21 days in October during Food and Wine Fest and loved every minute of it. We did work half days in our 1-bedroom before heading out and did some things off property, but we never tired of it. It truly is our home away from home, and that's how we treat it.

We look forward to having enough points to do an additional 3 weeks in Jan-Feb. to avoid our coldest period here at home. :goodvibes

7 nights in an OKW 1 bedroom. It was Friday to Friday. Since weekend nights were 48 points each at that time, I did Friday & Saturday nights on member discount. At that time it was around $320 so it was actually under $7 a point to pay cash. At that time, weekdays were only 20 points so it made it easy to stretch my points.

Longest stay was 17 days, and it was a crazy split stay: Poly, Contemporary, Saratoga, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Yacht Club!

We normally go for 11-12 days each summer, but this was a long one.

Tiger :)

If we were in that situation, we'd probaly head over to VB for a few days at some point, as we need to see the ocean (even in January/February).

Enjoy! :thumbsup2

Our longest DVC stay has been 9 days and our longest on-site (non-DVC) was 10 days. We have been fortunate to do about 2 trips per year for the last 3 years. Now that our son is starting school, I am hoping we can do some 11-14 day stay soon. We will become summer DVC'ers, but at least we will be able to spend almost 2 week in our favorite place and get some pool time in!

:wizard:Our longest length of stay was 21 days in Europe. We visited Abersoch, Wales. London, Lake District, Warrington and York, England:cool1:. Also Paris, France :woohoo:and Edinburgh, Scotland:cheer2:. Our next longest was 14 days in Hawaii:love:, one week in Oahu and one week in Maui. :thumbsup2 Longest Walt Disney vacation was 14 days!:flower3:

So far our longest stay at a DVC resort was 9 nights in May of 2011 at BCV. We will be doing 12 nights this coming trip at the end of Aug/beginning of September, however 3 nights will be at the Poly (paying cash) then we are moving over to BLT for 9 nights. So I guess my answer would be 9 nights. Next June we are planning on staying a full 2 weeks at hopefully OKW, so that will be our longest DVC stay so far :goodvibes.

25 nights in 4 DVCs. I think it was just a bit long for the kids (and I wouldn't move so much if we did it again). We normally stay between 19-21 nights every summer - we love it :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter